X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geary
    replied
    Hi Art,
    Your chassis photos show the later front axle with the two-piece spindles. Here are the later '11 spindle arm speedo drives using brass plated cast iron Stewart swivel and cast iron wheel gear, unlike the earlier ones previously shown. Sorry for the error.
    Best regards,
    Geary
    Last edited by Geary; 09-28-2019, 03:18 PM. Reason: Remove text error, incorrect photos and add appropriate text and correct photos

Leave a comment:

• Art Ebeling
    started a topic WTB 11 speedo swivel

WTB 11 speedo swivel

Want to buy a speedometer swivel for a 1911 Model T. Art

Related Topics

Collapse

• Captndan
    Speedo
    by Captndan
    How would I check the accuracy of the speedometer. If I’m doing 45 (speedo) and the limit is 55 nobody wants to pass me.
    09-02-2019, 03:14 PM
  • Beauford
    Speedo...
    by Beauford
    Any way to see if a speedo works out of the car? Got a good deal on one and just came in the mail today. Original '28-29...
    05-17-2017, 08:06 PM
  • Beauford
    Speedo not moving...
    by Beauford
    Ok so I went for a short cruise as my vehicle is not DMV approved yet. The rebuilt speed does not work. It bench tested beautifully with a drill. I insert cable in speedo first and then the underside. I have rear on jackstands and it will go for a second and its like the cable jumps out. I'm assuming the speedo end. Any suggestions?
    11-22-2017, 09:17 PM
  • Fixitphil
    Speedo Cable
    by Fixitphil
    Henry tells me in his "Model A Instruction Book" that I should lube the speedo cable every 5,000 miles. I don't know if mine has ever been lubed but I want to do all "Henry" says. What is the most effective way to perform this vital fete?
    He also tells me that I should lube and re-calibrate the speedo itself every 10,000 miles?? Newby that needs some help!
    Thanks, ...
    09-21-2017, 08:37 AM
  • Bill in NJ
    Speedo not working at all
    by Bill in NJ
    Looking for advice or article on what to check first in getting it working. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.
    10-28-2017, 11:32 AM
  • KB9JLO
    Dash from my car...
    by KB9JLO
    There is still life here. Albeit slow. Working on water outlet. Hope to have it installed this weekend.
    I took the dash out to start the wiring. It had a 30 amp ammeter but the screws on the back would spin when you tried to unfasten the wires! So I ordered a new one from Snyders. It was loose in the dash and the needle was stuck at the bottom. I emailed them and they said that they fall off...
    11-30-2018, 07:54 PM
  • DaWizard
    Part Warning
    by DaWizard
    Since this is the second speedo cable I have purchased from Moss, I was informed they get them from Snyder's, so I am sending out this warning. The internal cable for the 28/29 is too short if you use the stock outer cable!!

It will fit but when pushed all the way into the depth of the turtle, it is short in making it all the way into the speedo square and you need it all the way into
    09-18-2017, 09:30 PM
  • WC Hall
    And a Speedometer Question
    by WC Hall
    So the speedometer in my 29 Roadster is overly optimistic, as in when it says I am going 50 Android Speedometer says no, it's actually 41. Then when 70 peeks around the corner Android says 52. I worried that the drive gears were wrong, but the odometer checks out about perfect. The speedo is a rebuilt my Dad bought when he restored the car in 2004, but unfortunately he is not around to ask if it ever...
    02-07-2018, 08:28 PM
  • Reconnoiter
    '34 Speedo Cable Routing Help
    by Reconnoiter
    Hi, new member here....I am in the tail end of restoration of my 34 Fordor and I need some help with routing the speedo cable before I start closing up the floorboards.

Does the cable go through the same grommet in the frame as the grounding strap and out the same location as the fuel and battery cable? Or does it go just like I have it, underneath the frame edge and anti-chatter rod?...
    02-16-2018, 01:41 PM
  • Tom Wesenberg
    Nice Speedometer, Cable, and Gear Drive Package
    by Tom Wesenberg
    I was hoping this would have gone cheap, so I could buy it, but I don't really need it. Only a few hours left.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-A-For...19.m1438.l2649...
    04-01-2018, 05:06 PM
Working...
X