ORIGINAL SPEEDOMETER CABLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORIGINAL SPEEDOMETER CABLE

Need original Northeast Speedometer cable with correct housing for Oval Speedometer without trip reset. 61 7/8" long.
    Last edited by ldreeg; 06-02-2019, 11:29 AM.

The cable I have has the keyed end, is the right length with the larger outside housing. It says Stewart Warner on it.

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...497#post195497
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thank you for checking.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Fixitphil
        Speedo Cable
        by Fixitphil
        Henry tells me in his "Model A Instruction Book" that I should lube the speedo cable every 5,000 miles. I don't know if mine has ever been lubed but I want to do all "Henry" says. What is the most effective way to perform this vital fete?
        He also tells me that I should lube and re-calibrate the speedo itself every 10,000 miles?? Newby that needs some help!
        Thanks, ...
        09-21-2017, 08:37 AM
      • Bill in NJ
        Speedo not working at all
        by Bill in NJ
        Looking for advice or article on what to check first in getting it working. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.
        10-28-2017, 11:32 AM
      • Bobsie
        Inside speedometer cable too short?
        by Bobsie
        Trying to get my speedometer working on my '31 Vicky. I assembled everything took a drive, speedometer worked for a couple of miles then quit. Changed nothing except to install a speedometer cable ordered from Mike's.

Troubleshooting, took the cable off the speedometer in the dash, a quick drive and clearly the inside cable spins. Took the speedometer out and ran it with my drill and...
        09-21-2018, 02:21 PM
      • pAAt
        Speedometer cable lube
        by pAAt
        If it don't rain, I'd like to put the speedometer cable on the truck. What lube should I use ? Atf ? Thanks, Pat
        06-21-2019, 08:31 AM
      • DaWizard
        Part Warning
        by DaWizard
        Since this is the second speedo cable I have purchased from Moss, I was informed they get them from Snyder's, so I am sending out this warning. The internal cable for the 28/29 is too short if you use the stock outer cable!!

It will fit but when pushed all the way into the depth of the turtle, it is short in making it all the way into the speedo square and you need it all the way into
        09-18-2017, 09:30 PM
      • Beauford
        Speedo not moving...
        by Beauford
        Ok so I went for a short cruise as my vehicle is not DMV approved yet. The rebuilt speed does not work. It bench tested beautifully with a drill. I insert cable in speedo first and then the underside. I have rear on jackstands and it will go for a second and its like the cable jumps out. I'm assuming the speedo end. Any suggestions?
        11-22-2017, 09:17 PM
      • Aretino
        Pop out cable clamp
        by Aretino
        Does the pop out cable clamp that is secured by a head nut serve any significant purpose other than holding the cable?
        06-13-2019, 05:17 PM
      • Neil Wilson
        RGJS - Speedometer Casing/Cable Finish?
        by Neil Wilson
        Anyone know where speedometer casing/cable finish information is in the RGJS (i.e. this is the casing/cable from the speedometer to the torque tube).
        10-02-2018, 11:19 AM
      • Reconnoiter
        '34 Speedo Cable Routing Help
        by Reconnoiter
        Hi, new member here....I am in the tail end of restoration of my 34 Fordor and I need some help with routing the speedo cable before I start closing up the floorboards.

Does the cable go through the same grommet in the frame as the grounding strap and out the same location as the fuel and battery cable? Or does it go just like I have it, underneath the frame edge and anti-chatter rod?...
        02-16-2018, 01:41 PM
      • Midwest Tin
        Original Nov. 29 to end of production Ford Battery Cable
        by Midwest Tin
        GM All,
        Does anyone have an original battery cable that they can post photos of showing both cable ends for the November 29 to end of production 19" cable?
        I would like to know what I'm looking for as the standards do not show the ends. The following photos show what I have. Can anyone identify the cable ends in the photos if original or not? Also added two more photos showing another...
        09-21-2018, 01:32 PM
      Working...
      X