Model T Kerosene Lamp Model 540

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model T Kerosene Lamp Model 540

I know nothing about Model T light's. These came in a collection and i'm just trying to sell them off. This is a very nice kerosene lamp. On the front the lense is plain clear glass, there is a red lens on one side and a mounting stud on the other. The front cover opens and closes nice and smooth. The Wick goes up and down smoothly. The top has a FORD script on it w/ JNO.W.BROWN MFG CO Columbus OH USA If this is something you are interested in send an e-mail to [email protected] No idea if this is original to MOdel T or not. $125 plus shipping

Jeff the body is a rear light i have seen them with the side light clear to illuminate a tag the clear glass on a light like that should have been red, however i have never seen one like that with the mount bolt on the side.

Comment

Probably made by the same company that made the Model T lamp, but with the side mounting bolt I don't believe this is Model T... All the lamps I've see on Model T's had the mounting bolt on the rear...

Comment

Exactly do not know why the clear glass and red side light never seen one like it.

Comment

Possibly for the Model K. Rod
          Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

1912 and earlier Ford lamps were made of brass. 1913-1915 Ford lamps were a combination of brass and steel.

Comment

Hi guys,

It is a rarely seen version of the rear lamp.
              In late '23 the small red lens was turned to the rear, the mounting bolt relocated and the license plate illuminated by the big clear lens to comply with new laws.

This lamp was also on cars that didn't have starters or demountable wheels, since starter cars had the small round electric tail lamp on the spare rim mount. Without the demountable wheel bracket, a pressed steel license plate/tail lamp bracket and this lamp was used. Kerosene side lamps were on black era non-starter cars too, as were magneto powered headlamps; no starter, no generator, no battery.

Interestingly, NOS versions of this lamp used to show up at Denver area swap meets from time to time, often with vendors that had NOS '23 fenders and sheet metal.

When I was 19, I purchased a set of '23-'25 NOS front fenders from one of those vendors, and much to my chagrin, they turned out to be TT front fenders without the bead that follows the splash apron.
              Lessons learned by a young brass T guy!

All the best,
              Geary

Late 1923 Tail Lamp.jpg
              Last edited by Geary; 10-11-2020, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• MikeK
                Headlight Lenses all you wanted to know
                by MikeK
                Original Thread

Soapy, lets start with the lenses you have listed-

The "M" lenses marked Argentina are a copy of the 'Twolite' lenses used by Ford 29-31. They look good enough to pass the casual walk by and the early production runs of them can fool quite a few Area 18 fine-point judges! Their production started at the beginning of WWII when 10 year old Ford replacement
                02-25-2020, 03:15 AM
              • old31
                Headlight lens on a 31 roadster is one an original?
                by old31
                I just noticed that on my car I have 2 different headlight lens's. Is one an original and the other a repo or are they 2 repos. I would not no how to tell an original.

The first one has Ford written with little bumps and the words below take up 17 vertical lines.

The second one Ford is smooth and the words take up 13 vertical lines....
                10-24-2018, 10:43 AM
              • Leo
                Skinned Knuckles Magazine Source of Model A Information?
                by Leo
                Speaking of good reference books for the Model A, I recently sent an email to the publishers of Skinned Knuckles magazine asking if they had an index for the publication detailing articles by issue. Well, no answer yet, however this magazine has been around for a very long time. So, what is the consensus regarding it's coverage of the Model A? Are there any articles which would benefit our never...
                10-30-2019, 12:48 PM
              • Lewjack
                Model t kerosene side lamp..filling?
                by Lewjack
                I have come across a model t side lamp that is in pretty good shape. I plan on making an outdoor sidewalk light out of it. It seems like you’re supposed to to push the bottom in and twist to get the reservoir off to fill it. Is that how it’s done? Don’t want to break anything.i have penetrating oil on it now..some rust..had to use penetrating oil to open the lens cover. Thank you.
                04-01-2020, 10:10 AM
              • Paul
                Ford Tools, Sub Contractors, Trade Marks and Year
                by Paul
                I have tools I know nothing about: Model A, Model T, or V-Eight. I would love to know more about them. Please you can not high jack this thread, add to it with your tools, photos, and questions.

I am going to start with players. I was lucky enough to find two Ford script players, both with markings of Herbrand in script. The difference between the two are: 1. The Ford script on one pair...
                01-28-2019, 05:49 PM
              • Mitch
                EV~ Model A
                by Mitch
                JDupuis sent me this. I’m just the messenger 🤐

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...ion/1485838375
                02-04-2020, 07:19 PM
              • Rob Patterson
                Model A down under
                by Rob Patterson
                Hi Gents,
                I'm from over on the Model T forum, but found this in a New Zealand on-line magazine....
                I figured you might like to see it.
                Cheers,
                Rob
                https://www.driven.co.nz/reviews/cla...del-a-classic/
                04-30-2019, 05:28 PM
              • Mikey
                Model A Lamp
                by Mikey
                OK, I know this is not what this forum is for but I finished the lamp for my father in laws 88 birthday coming up in two week and I wanted to share it with you. Haha that's what he gets for saying I could take whatever I want from the garage. With a couple of new parts, its a 29 dash from his dads Model A, I took the time to take the speedometer apart and set the odometer to his my father in laws...
                04-10-2018, 08:32 PM
              Working...
              X