Unknown emergency brake handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown emergency brake handles

I am a model A fellow and don't know much about early V8 parts. I am going through my cache of parts trying to sell the parts I know I will never need. I ran into 2 emergency brake handles I don't know what the fit. They aren't model A handles, as least none I have ever seen. These emergency brake handles may be for early V8 Fords. If anyone knows what the are for, please post it below. The picture isn't the best, but I think you can see it OK.
    Thanks

Unknown emergency brake handles.JPG

Those handles sure look model A except the mounting brackets are not. I wonder if they were modified for a custom application?

Comment

I could be wrong, but I believe they are 35-36

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• wrndln
        by wrndln
        I am a model A fellow and don't know much about early V8 parts. I am going through my cache of parts trying to sell the parts I know I will never need. I ran into 2 emergency brake handles I don't know what the fit. They aren't model A handles, as least none I have ever seen. These emergency brake handles may be for early V8 Fords. If anyone knows what the are for, please post it below. The picture...
        01-12-2021, 06:48 PM
      • wrndln
        by wrndln
        I am going through my cache of parts trying to sell the parts I know I will never need. I ran into 2 emergency brake handles I don't know what the fit. They aren't model A handles, as least none I have ever seen. If anyone knows what the are for, please post it below. The picture isn't the best, but I think you can see it OK. Thanks
        Rusty Nelson

01-12-2021, 04:09 PM
      • wrndln
        Emergency brake arm question
        by wrndln
        I have what I believe is an early 1928 emergency brake arm. I want to sell it, but want to make sure what it is so I can describe it correctly. It looks like the regular 1928/29 emergency brake arms, but only has one eyelet instead of 2 of them. I took some pictures of it and pasted them in below. If anyone know for sure what they are used on, please post a reply.
        Thanks
        Rusty Nelson...
        01-06-2020, 10:19 AM
      • Bob C
        Emergency brake or hand brake
        by Bob C
        While going through the parts book trying to identify some brake rods I noticed Ford changed the name three times.
        A-2853-AR Rod, emergency brake lever to cross shaft 1928-29.
        A-2856-D Rod, emergency hand brake lever to cross shaft 1930-31.
        A-2853-E Rod, hand brake lever to cross shaft assembly 1931.

Bob
        09-26-2017, 04:49 PM
      • B.snow84
        Floor Boards
        by B.snow84
        I have a 28 leatherback with the e brake by the cowl. Was wondering if there’s anyplace that sells the floorboards and the floor mat? How hard is it to convert to e brake by the shifter. I also think this model a is a rare one because it doesn’t have the e brake in the rear drums.
        02-15-2020, 08:58 AM
      • wrndln
        Emergency brake carrier ID
        by wrndln
        All four of my model A's were severely molested and weather worn when I bought them. Many parts including the emergency brake carriers were either missing or were of questionable correctness. Anyway, I am trying to find the correct emergency brake carriers for an early 29 and mid 29 vehicles. I know they aren't seen when installed, but nether the less I would like to use the proper carriers. I...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        12-20-2018, 01:28 PM
      • dmaxweb
        Emergency Brake Handle
        by dmaxweb
        Is this the correct shape or is it time to find another?
        06-03-2020, 06:34 AM
      • thom
        LH parking brake lever parts diagram
        by thom
        Can someone post or link me to a parts diagram of an early '28 left mounted park brake handle? I'm trying to make a spring work in mine and so far have not figured out how. The rod going down to the pawl is still spring loaded, but the squeeze handle is floppy.
        10-11-2019, 01:18 AM
      • Steve Plucker
        Judging Standards clarification...Area 7 Brake System...
        by Steve Plucker
        On page 7-4 Revised 2011...It states in the last paragraph "Mounting bolts and nuts were unfinished with the early brake systems and raven finished thereafter".

Are the "early brake systems" from SOP thru June 1928 or SOP thru November 1928?

Thanks.

Pluck
        03-17-2019, 10:33 PM
      • rusty
        Emergency brake part needed.
        by rusty
        I'm in need of an emergency brake toggle link. Found I had a broken one during disassembly this morning.
        10-28-2020, 12:10 PM
      Working...
      X