3 1946-1948 Mercury Trim Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 1946-1948 Mercury Trim Rings

3 really nice trim rings off 1948 Mercury. Fits 1946-1948 Mercury 16" wheels. May fit other applications. Excellent condition, no dings, dents or scrapes. Just need a good buffing for show condition. $45.00 plus actual applicable shipping to be determined based on zip code.

Related Topics

Collapse

• DaWizard
    Reseat rings
    by DaWizard
    Something has been troubling me today.

I can't remember if I heard or read something about reseating rings in a somewhat tired engine. The use of baking soda or borax or a gentle abrasive as such would reseat the rings in a tired engine.

What, if anything have you learned or heard over your lifetime about helping out a tired engine?
    05-13-2018, 06:00 PM
  • George Miller
    Do any of the piston manufactures make pistons that take a modern narrow rings.
    by George Miller
    Narrow rings in IMHOP work better than wide rings. nWhat do you think.
    01-20-2018, 05:48 PM
  • KB9JLO
    Wheels
    by KB9JLO
    I tried searching for an answer but really couldn't find anything.

I think the bolt circle is 5 x 5.5" - and I know that may later model wheels will fit on a Model A. Like 32, I think it's 35-36 and so on. But what about just plain steel wheels?
    What sorts of sizes are available? I mean 15", 16" or other?
    At some point would like to have wider tires and maybe...
    06-27-2019, 04:29 PM
  • pooch
    Rings moving
    by pooch
    Do piston rings move around the piston in normal use?

Like, if I take care to set gap positions all correctly, is it a waste of time?

I once read of a guy who said it was imperative to set the top ring gap directly opposite the exhaust valve , then I think he said set the next gap at 180 , then set the oil ring gap upwards (on a V8).

What do the...
    03-08-2019, 12:20 AM
  • Gary Karr
    21" wheels without rolled rim edge
    by Gary Karr
    I was out walking this morning in Petropolis, Brazil and saw a wagon with Model A and T 21" wheels. The 21" wheels do not have a rolled edge as our 21" wheels but the edges like our 19" wheels. Where these for South American production and possibly Australia as well?
    01-08-2020, 05:58 PM
Working...
X