Donations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donations

Going to say there is no such thing as a free lunch nor web site, seems the owner(s) Mitch? And or ? should set up a go fund me page to help cover the cost --no strings just a nice thank you.. Well that's my opinion.. Surely willing to toss some $$.

This response may be a little long winded to a simple question but it's been playing on my mind.

Mike and others, a few people have mentioned this already since startup, and I do appreciate your thoughts. I took this venture on because I saw the dire need to give the hobby another real world source of information. A place where everyone can feel safe just like you want to feel when you're at home. This need was growing stronger and stronger as time went by after seeing one good guy after another leave or get terminated. Spending a lot of my personal time helping others and learning, accumulating close to 12,000 posts while running a busy repair shop at the same time can be taxing. Then getting banned for the first time ever(1 week) for no real reason (look up the Tams thread) with the notice saying "last warning before a permanent ban" just totally changed my whole outlook on the situation. I realized right then that I really needed to do something, not just for me but for so many others. So I started Vintage Ford Forum with the plan to fully fund it. I am not one to ask for help or to put up a tacky volunteer pay pal link. Yes there are significant costs involved, both financial and a lot of personal time. Just ask my great caring wife about the time being spent getting this thing off the ground. If a user really feels the need to help defray the costs, just go to my shop website for the mailing information...
    Thanks for listening:::
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
      BILL WILLIAMSON commented
      Editing a comment
      I gave at the "OFFICE"---LOL
      Poor Mitchs' Dad

• BNCHIEF
      BNCHIEF commented
      Editing a comment
      I went over and read that thread now I need to see if the guy that was complaining was at the tour i went on. I can't believe he banned you for that since I never saw that thread. But I know he banned others for absolutely stupid reasons as well.

Mitch just a thought i would put a vff emblem or window decal in my car everyone will see it. Since i am clueless as to what this might cost to run some idea would be helpful $20 a year maybe I do not know but I would not want to do what you are that is for sure. Never saw you say anything bad over at the other place but we discussed this already and I like it here.

Comment

I also contemplated doing something after being banned for exposing the truth about the liers that plague the **** ALLIANCE ranks. The thread was quickly deleted do to 5 window running and snibbling to the head idiot. I was making a point that one should be careful about who they promote dispite the money as it only takes a few for people to distrust them all. Unfortunately I did not have the resources for such a venture and with the lack of interest why I was banned I doubted would get support of many members. Rod
      Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

Rowdy.... you don't know it but some of your old posts from the ***** **** helped me a lot! Thank you!!

Mitch, you take plastic?

Comment

Gee we should just get a go fund me page and order some Snap on tools, and ship them to his shop, no way Mitch will decline those ;)
          Last edited by mshmodela; 06-02-2017, 09:03 AM.

Comment

mshmodela my daughter in law is from cleveland area i was up there a couple of years ago.

Comment

Just like a lot of foundations operate, all donations should be sent to me and after handling and administrative costs I will send approx ten percent onto Mitch! Seriously, I would be glad to purchase a VFF item or donate to help with expenses.

Comment

2 X on that!

Comment

Count me in. I'll be happy to pop a check in the mail for $25.00.
                  Just happy to have this site and we should make it an annual donation to keep it going. Thanx for all you do for the hobby!!

Comment

JtownJoe
                    i received your check Thank You
                    3 ~ Tudor's
                    Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Well after much deliberation over the past four or so months i decided to put up a voluntary VFF donate page. I have received a lot of input regarding this issue so i appreciate everyones thoughts. I would also like to send a Thank you out to those that insisted on helping out anyway. I have implemented a special user title for those that do send in their support. The will of you folks to make sure this place succeeds and grows is outstanding.
                      It sure has been a hell of a ride so far and i am sure most of you would agree....
                      3 ~ Tudor's
                      Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thanks folks for the Support!!
                        3 ~ Tudor's
                        Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• BNCHIEF
                          BNCHIEF commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I always say put your money where your mouth is, my pleasure to be a part of this and I will have them mention it in my eulogy, I can hear them all saying now what is he talking about and I always thought he belonged to some subversive group.

I've always been a GIVING person. When I give, expecting NOTHING in return, I find that my so called "rewards" come back to me from the most UNEXPECTED person or CIRCUMSTANCES!!!
                        I gave Ted an Old Buffalo Forge & I didn't mean to make him CRY in his driveway! He acted like I just gave him a driveable Model A! I feel that if you're not going to use something, give it to someone who WILL use it.
                        I know that Mitch is a GOOD HONEST Dude & will use any help, in a proper way!!!
                        Bill Williamson (Mitchs' "Dad")

Comment

I'll send a few bob to ya even if I never did get my VVF keychain!!!! but I know that's not your fault. Give me a new fresh one at Branson next year.

What's your address???????????????
                          "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

• Mitch
                            Mitch commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks Ed
                            I will bring ya one to Branson. It will save me the shipping

• DaWizard
                            DaWizard commented
                            Editing a comment
                            *smacks Ed for doing it again* Damn it Ed, it is "VFF"!! VINTAGE FORD FORUM!!

• Apple Green Wheels Rule
                            Apple Green Wheels Rule commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Check will be in the mail tomorrow...............Cheers.

• BNCHIEF
                            BNCHIEF commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Want us to remind you tomorrow Ed don't want Ol Bill to show up in a pinstripe suit with the dog.

Editing a comment
                            For some reason VVF is sticking to my brain and I don't know why but of course that's no unusual. VFF VFF VFF VFF........

What are the levels for different fancy banners under my forum name for $50.00, $100.00, $500.00 or $1000.00?

Comment

• Mitch
                            Mitch commented
                            Editing a comment
                            $1000.00 gets you this and so does $50.00
                            It's more about supporting this great resource than any banner

Sponsoring Senior Member

Robbed three of my five ex-wives of their alimony this month, sending it out to you tomorrow, sending them your address instead!!!!!

Comment

• Mitch
                            Mitch commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks again Ed
                            I'll wait for the check to clear before you get your special name!!

Editing a comment
                            I might up that amount, I just was informed that one of my lady friends 'might' not need a new heart.

• Mitch
                            Mitch commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I got it today Ed , Thanks for supporting the VFF

• BILL WILLIAMSON
                            BILL WILLIAMSON commented
                            Editing a comment
                            If you don't want to WAIT for your CHECK to clear, Jist send CASH, in a PLAIN BROWN Grocery Bag!
                            Dad Practical

Originally posted by mshmodela View Post
                          Going to say there is no such thing as a free lunch nor web site, seems the owner(s) Mitch? And or ? should set up a go fund me page to help cover the cost --no strings just a nice thank you.. Well that's my opinion.. Surely willing to toss some $$.

What the OP said!

Just did a Pay Pal
                          Words can't thank you enough

Comment

• BNCHIEF
                            BNCHIEF commented
                            Editing a comment
                            A-doctor i like your truck.

• A-doctor
                            A-doctor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you sir