Show Us Your Other Antique Cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Us Your Other Antique Cars

I know many of us have other antique cars to go along with the Model A's. I only have 2 Studebakers on the road, but have been driving Studebakers since 1968 when they were just another cheap used car.

Sunday I drove my car 100 miles to show it to an expert painter, looking for some advice. I used polishing compound to clean up the paint from the cowl back, but the paint on the hood and front fender tops don't have enough paint to polish. Brad suggested I keep the original paint and just paint the front clip. It did polish out better than I expected, and I now agree with Brad to keep the original paint. It's far from perfect, but sure isn't bad for original paint. This will also save me a lot of work and money. I took these pictures today so I'd have some good pictures with the old wide whitewalls. I'm going to have to install my new radials pretty soon, but unfortunately they only have a narrow whitewall.

Four years ago I bought a restored 1950 Champion, and 6 weeks ago I drove my 1950 Land Cruiser home and started fixing things on it. I took these pictures at the Anoka State Hospital, which was my first job out of high school. This is a large complex of 10 cottages and other buildings, but some have been torn down, and the other have been vacant for many years. Some are now being rehabbed into living quarters for homeless vets.

007.JPG005.JPGChampion at Anoka State Hospital.jpg

Some of my toys. . Jeff

Comment

• pooch
      pooch commented
      Editing a comment
      Jeff, I like your toys, I have a soft spot for Model A roadsters.

But what are those cars in the last pic?

Looks like you have 4 of 'em.

• JDupuis
      JDupuis commented
      Editing a comment
      The cars in the last picture are Nissan Figaro's.
      I only own one of them.
      Very rare car, right hand drive, made for the Japanese market only.
      Have owned this car for 10 years.
      Do a google search....cool info. . Jeff

Totally in awe Jeff !! Same goes for Tom and I think we all need to be where Tom's at, in his pictures It's a good mental problem though, Right ? Pat's just getting started to have a real problem and I hope I can catch up to you guys, but that's just a dream of mine Good evening to all VFF Patrons, Pat

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Great picture man, I hope there are no radial wires hanging out
      I think we need to put you in charge of the VFF think tank

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      That's one of those air ride seats, only cost me $129.99, and I bought it on Ebay !! Free shipping and steel shorts included

One of Tom's other cars !! Not real old yet, but getting there fast

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      That must be the tree that fell in his yard over the winter!

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep and he built that winch thing, out of a neighbors old swing set, to get it loaded

• DaWizard
      DaWizard commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that exceeds the load limits!

1979 Honda PA50II moped
    1980 Chevette
    Last edited by SeaSlugs; 06-12-2018, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Some of my stuff past and present, the remaining 2 are the Model A Town Sedan and the 58 Chevy BelAir

Comment

• SeaSlugs
        SeaSlugs commented
        Editing a comment
        whats the little red car? a crosley or morris minor?

• JDupuis
        JDupuis commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the Morris!

• Bobm90
        Bobm90 commented
        Editing a comment
        SeaSlugs, it is a 1959 Morris Minor (series2) Model 1000, the rebuild of this one took me almost 2 years as the condition I got it in was like it was in a Demolition Derby and then parked under water for awhile, also most parts had to be ordered from England. I had to teach myself to weld and do body work for this one. There are about 100,000 of these still on the road in G.B. and some videos on utube if you are interested.

Originally posted by Bobm90 View Post
      Some of my stuff past and present, the remaining 2 are the Model A Town Sedan and the 58 Chevy BelAir
      I was wondering the same thing, but the picture lists it as 1959 Morris Minor 1000.

Comment

1956 Chev Belair 002.JPG1966 Vette 128.jpg my 1956 chev and my 1966 corvette
        Last edited by George Miller; 06-13-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Wasn't this subject on a thread not so long ago? I could have sworn I added a photo of my two 31 Ford panel trucks. I've since sold them. I might have a photo in the files.
          "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

• Tom Wesenberg
            Tom Wesenberg commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought there was a thread like this, but I searched and couldn't find it, so I figured it might be on some other site. If it shows up maybe the two can be combined to one thread.

• Apple Green Wheels Rule
            Editing a comment
            I searched my files, I must have deleted them when I deleted my garage photos. I sold them also when I sold my garage collection.

Here is my ‘67 CJ6. It has a stock Dauntless 225 V6. Color Indian ceramic
          +++++++++++++++++++
          Jon.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Ben Franklin

Comment

I bought my first collector car years ago. The seller delivered it and as he rolled it off the roll-back, I noticed his forearms were the size of my quads! His name was Mitch, yup, the same. Since then I have bought a number of cars, mostly Model A's, and have sold only a couple, usually to get enough "jack" to buy another, higher quality antique car. Here is what I now have: a 1929 Blindback Fordor, a 1930 Tudor, a 1930 Canadian Roadster, a 1931 Coupe, a 1957 T-Bird, and a 1991 Vet. I think of my cars as men's jewlery (with no disrespect to the to the female owners of collector cars on this forum, some of whom have shown themselves to be great mechanics and appreciative collectors).

Comment

Working...
            X