Small Antique Air Compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Antique Air Compressor

I'd like to own this, but I can't get over the price.
    It's so small I wonder if it was used in a dental office.
    It might also be a vacuum pump rather than an air compressor, because the tag doesn't say which it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EARLY-20TH-C...19.m1438.l2649

That's sharp but a little pricey for me to.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

My first compressor was a refrigerator compressor & an oxygen tank! Burned up 2 compressors, before I learned about the START wires & the RUN wires!---LOTSA' SMOKE & LOL
      Bill Dangerous

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tom Wesenberg
        Proof of the BIG Bang Theory or Air Compressor Explosion
        by Tom Wesenberg
        If you don't drain your tank, there will be a BIG BANG.
        I posted this several years ago on another site, but there are several new members here. I was in my basement working on the computor when I heard and felt an explosion. I went outside to see what happened, and found my neighbor standing in his driveway looking like he was in a state of shock. He was using his air compressor to blow the...
        06-10-2017, 01:06 PM
      • Ayyy
        Finally Installed It! Vintage Centrifugal Air Cleaner
        by Ayyy
        After many priority shifts and procrastinations, I finally got around to installing the vintage centrifugal air cleaner on my 1930 Model A CCPU.

What's a vintage centrifugal air cleaner?? This air cleaner was patented in 1922 and it works by centrifugally throwing the particles out of the air stream heading towards the carburetor. It does not use a mesh filter, so there is no restriction...
        07-18-2018, 06:30 PM
      • CarlG
        Air Conditioning
        by CarlG
        The heat wave is now upon us. It’s in the mid 60s now. I’ve been working on getting my A/C finished. I actually have had it 95% installed now for several years. But up till now have only used the heater portion of the unit.

With a couple of road trips coming up this summer, I began working on getting the A/C portion completed. Got everything all wired up, charged the system with R132a....
        06-02-2018, 11:58 PM
      • Mitch
        From Renner's Corners site
        by Mitch
        ALL of the carburetors released by Ford for use on a Model A or B
        had the float bowls EXTERNALLY vented.
        So the use of an air cleaner of any type will negatively affect the air to fuel ratios.
        These carbs were not designed for air cleaner use.
        To allow the use of an air cleaner the bowl vent must be relocated to the INSIDE
        of the carburetor near the choke plate area.
        04-25-2018, 01:47 PM
      • Roadster Rich
        Some Days it doesn't pay to get out of Bed!
        by Roadster Rich
        I started another post about losing the keys to the popout ignition on the Town Sedan that I am about to start up. So I contacted Dick Crabtree and finally sent mine to have him rebuild as necessary. He called and is sending it back this week. Well this morning I was looking for a simple washer and dumped a small plastic bin of parts on my tool bench and there was the key!!! Someone on this site...
        07-04-2017, 01:45 PM
      • tbirdtbird
        Air Conditioning
        by tbirdtbird
        If you are in a state where it is cool and dry in the summer, then you don't need to look.
        If you are tired of sweating on those summer trips, then this is for you.

IMO Ken Davis knows more about putting AC in a Model A than anyone. He engineered and designed the entire system, over 30 years ago. He has parts specially produced just for him, and does the fabbing of the mounting...
        07-17-2018, 09:56 PM
      • 2manycars
        Henry Ford's model A air cleaner patent
        by 2manycars
        Check this out. Has anybody ever seen one in person?

https://www.google.com/patents/US180...assignee:motor
        12-29-2017, 12:14 PM
      • tbirdtbird
        Air Conditioning info
        by tbirdtbird
        Original Thread

If you are in a state where it is cool and dry in the summer, then you don't need to look.
        If you are tired of sweating on those summer trips, then this is for you.

IMO Ken Davis knows more about putting AC in a Model A than anyone. He engineered and designed the entire system, over 30 years ago. He has parts specially produced just for him, and...
        07-17-2018, 09:56 PM
      • DJ S
        Rough Idle After Warmup
        by DJ S
        I have this strange issue where my tudor will idle beautifully after just a few minutes of running but once it warms up to normal operating temperatures, the idle is extremely rough to the point where you think that the car might die on you. The car however does fine driving down the road and under load but once you stop at a stoplight, the car runs terribly. I also experience a hesitation in throttle...
        10-30-2017, 07:40 PM
      • dmdeaton
        Air Cleaner
        by dmdeaton
        So lets say we have done the balance mod on the carb and we want to use a air cleaner. What is a good one to use? What about the issues with possible raw fuel fires?
        10-13-2017, 08:58 PM
      Working...
      X