Thermal Imager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal Imager

I have this thermal imager and what a difference it is to be able to detect hot / cold spots over the traditional way.... Running this across the radiator and being able to see the variances visually is night and day over what we're use to when using the old school ray guns.....
    You can easily check your home for heat or cold loss, find wall studs etc...
    I pulled a wire on the A spark plug and was easily able to detect the non firing cylinder by scanning the exhaust manifold... The traditional Ray gun was not able to because the temp differences were to close, but with the thermal imaging it nicely showed up. It can be pointed at any electrically operated device such as a fuel injector to see if it's working... Unlimited uses....
    Along with the imaging picture it also gives you the degrees.
    This works with the iphone but traditional hand held units are also available.
    http://www.flir.com/flirone/
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

HEY, Mitchel, Dog: here,
    Whut kind uf YALLER Dog is thet?--Or is he SICK?--Ol' Dad sed Chief got SEASICK once & turned YALLER, but back at the dock, they cured him with a HOT bowl uf CHILLI!
    Buster T.:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ayyy
      More Power! Are Air/Fuel Pre-Heaters Needed With Today's Fuels?
      by Ayyy
      The Model A engine is typical of other cars of the era in that they provide a mechanism(s) to preheat the air/fuel mixture. In their day it was necessary to pre-heat due to the low volatility of fuels. With today's volatile fuels (for better or worse), are the pre-heat systems really necessary, or even desired, for a Model A? Cooler air is more dense than warm air, so more power could be obtained...
      04-19-2018, 10:07 PM
    • EarlyBert
      Water or excessive moisture in exhaust port
      by EarlyBert
      I have recently purchased my first Model A. I am replacing the manifold gaskets. I noticed excessive moisture in the 3rd exhaust port from the front. What could be the significance of this?...
      11-06-2017, 06:52 PM
    • BNCHIEF
      Keeping the exhasust heat down in your car.
      by BNCHIEF
      I have seen the heat shields vendors sell and kind of thought they would be nothing more than rattling vibrators under the car. I did something different that we used to do on sprint cars they make a high heat wrap napa and o reilly have it and I wrapped the entire exhaust and muffler with it it is help in place with little stainless ties i would post a picture but it is under the car and would...
      07-08-2017, 05:49 AM
    • amccarl
      31 Roadster "chuffs" when shifting after it is warmed up
      by amccarl
      I have a 1931 roadster which, for the most part, starts and runs great. However, after a bit of driving when it has warmed up, it begins to "chuff" (fire, fart, huff - not sure of the correct technical term) each time I shift. It isn't horrible or loud (not a backfire), but it seems like something that is likely slightly out of adjustment or that I'm not doing right with the choke or something....
      10-11-2017, 09:00 AM
    • Beauford
      Plugs..
      by Beauford
      So I believe I have my small oil leak fixed (been running engine cutting it off) So engine is running really good but seems at higher RPM's there is a sputter. I decided while running to remove one plug connector at a time. Took off #4 and still running, took off #3 and it stopped. What gives?
      06-22-2017, 12:09 PM
    • Beauford
      Is this common....
      by Beauford
      Took the Chassis aka "Rusty" down the road for a spin. Getting some smoke where new exhaust clamps to manifold. Paint burn off? I'm just so paranoid about hurting a fresh engine.
      05-07-2017, 02:33 PM
    • Mitch
      Radiator flow test fact or fiction?
      by Mitch
      Does this fall into the storing of a modern style battery case on bare concrete to use or not to use wood category?
      I have my opinions but would like to hear others
      08-22-2017, 08:49 AM
    • Apple Green Wheels Rule
      Temp gauges can be re-calibrated.
      by Apple Green Wheels Rule
      APCO temp gauges that arrive 10-15 degrees out from actual temperature can be re-calibrated. Mine was and now the gauge is spot on with all the other readings taken by both laser gun and meat thermo down the rad throat.
      09-23-2018, 06:58 PM
    • Roadster Rich
      Check for Purchase
      by Roadster Rich
      Along the lines of Mitch's post, I don't know the answer to this, but so many of us have had problems with cooling and the blocked radiators, I wonder if there could be some good calibrated check of the rate of flow through a radiator. For instance, keep pouring water into the radiator so that it is full (flowing out the overflow tube and top of the radiator won't matter) and then disconnect the...
      08-13-2017, 08:03 AM
    • BNCHIEF
      What new trick or procedure have you learned here on the VFF?
      by BNCHIEF
      One thing I learned and now do is a little trick Mitch mentioned I always used a lighter on heat shrink tubing never did use a heat gun until Mitch mentioned it that thought never ocurred to me and now that is the only way i do them.

One thing I do do is when making wiring especially on my a I wire wheel brush the heavy plastic off of a terminal so it is bare put heat shrink tubing on...
      11-13-2017, 10:42 AM
    Working...
    X