Repairs Found in the Oddest Places

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairs Found in the Oddest Places

The 1950 Studebaker Land Cruiser I just drove home had a bad gas leak, which I was sure was the filler hose. I removed it yesterday, and it had a 1" crack. The hose is 6" long with a slight bend in the middle. If I buy it from a Studebaker parts house, it will cost $32 minimum. If I buy straight fuel hose from a local auto parts store, it will cost $30. I saw this Seadoo fuel filler hose on ebay, so I asked the seller for dimensions, and was told it's 2" ID x 13" long. This should be perfect to cut in half and have 2 correct filler hoses for a total cost of $8.75 delivered to my door.

Gas Filler Hose 1950.jpgGas Filler Hose Seadoo.jpg

Filler hose is always big $ Recently I needed a long piece for a modern it was around 100
    2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Yes, I sure don't see why a simple hose should cost so much.
      My neighbor recently bought a very short hose for his Ford diesel PU that connects the air out of the turbo to the intake, and it was $100.

Comment

• Terry, NJ
        Terry, NJ commented
        Editing a comment
        When they tell me that, or anything close to that, I let the greedy bast**ds restock the item.

Tom, did you have to drop the tank to get it off ?

Comment

Yes, I had to lower the tank a couple inches. If the inner hose clamp had been turned the right way the tank wouldn't have needed to be lowered.

Comment

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t you just love it when that happens. They never think of the tech when a car gets assembled
      Working...
      X