Led work lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Led work lights

In my shop and at home i use all led work lights for obvious reasons. I have a hand held led stick light, and an under the hood led work light. I recently purchased this Snap On led stand up light from costco for 29.00. This lights up a huge area so its was a great deal especially to have that snap on name applied to it..
    LED's are also great because they dont get hot and the charge lasts for hours on the cordless models.
    I remember the days when using the old school bulbs and metal cages on a 90 deg day sweating and burning your arm with it, then the sweat sizzles..dang
    Attached Files
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Not to mention that they draw less than 1% of an incandescent or halogen or any other of those special heat source bulbs, and they are BRIGHTER !!
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Too Primitive Mitch

You need the cordless, rechargeable stand up led lamps ....

I do kinda like the old style for winter while under a car, the light throws off a good amount of heat.

JB

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        A cordless stand-up led is perfect for you to pinstripe out in the woods

The lightening in some guys shops is not much better than being in the woods.... yup, that is why I carry the lamps with me on a job !!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Standing Elk
        LED turn signals ??
        by Standing Elk
        Are most 6V LED turn signals polarity specific? A friend is trying to install a new set on his 30 pickup which is 6V positive ground. He has a 6V LED compatible blinker relay and still can not get the blinkers to work? The only thing we can come up with is maybe the LED lights will not work on a positive ground system. So what do ya think? Also what is the max allowable end play in the crank shaft?...
        05-21-2018, 02:39 PM
      • 40B1930
        LED Tail-light
        by 40B1930
        Anybody come up with a slick method to hold the bulb plate assemblies firmly in place? I'm not a wadded up newspaper fan. Thanks!
        08-01-2018, 10:15 PM
      • Aretino
        LED replacement bulbs
        by Aretino
        Considering relacement of my headlamps, cowl lamps and single tail/ brake light to LED's. Soliciting suggestions on where to purchase these bulbs, part numbers and comments. I do not drive the cxar at night so focus is not a big issue. Daytime visability and low current are my goals.
        07-31-2019, 01:52 PM
      • DaWizard
        LED lights
        by DaWizard
        Since most of you know I have LED headlights, and I thought I posted that the rear were LED also, I find that some info was missing. So here it continues.

The tail lights are the regular tail and stop TeaCup tail light replacement LEDs cut down to fit the Drum tail light, so I at least kept it original to my mid'28 with the Drum buckets.

As I posted in the Kelsey Hayes thread
        10-08-2017, 09:53 PM
      • JohnB15632
        LED Tail/Brake Light Issue
        by JohnB15632
        I am having a problem with the LED Tail/Brake Lights. The Brake Lights are supposed to light brighter when the brake is depressed.

My question, how can one bank of LED lights light differently when the two are connected with a red connection wire?
        01-22-2020, 04:43 PM
      • copgib
        Question on taillights
        by copgib
        I have a 1930 Model A Coupe and I was wondering since it is a 6-volt system if I could buy 6-volt tailights with LED bulbs or would I have to change something to make them work?
        10-18-2018, 07:56 PM
      • H. L. Chauvin
        Model A LED Headlights and Turn Signals
        by H. L. Chauvin
        Have no idea if some Model A owners ever noticed recently that some modern cars today have turn signals mounted immediately adjacent to their modern headlights.

At night or in daytime, some modern turn signals are over powered by modern headlights especially when one is driving with their bright lights "ON".

Observing these types of modern close proximity turn signals...
        01-20-2019, 04:24 PM
      • Mark Maron
        LOGO LITES Introduces 6,8,12V LED Headlights for the Model A that CAN BE FOCUSED!!!
        by Mark Maron
        Original Thread

http://www.logolites.com/products/le...fn7kU9gSxwYuoc

HEADLIGHT FOCUS: The LEDs emit from the same location as the original filaments, so the headlights can be focused just like the originals!

01-11-2019, 02:13 PM
      • DaWizard
        LED lights
        by DaWizard
        LED Tail lights:

Original Thread:
        https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...864-led-lights

Since most of you know I have LED headlights, and I thought I posted that the rear were LED also, I find that some info was missing. So here it continues.

The tail lights are the regular tail and stop TeaCup tail light replacement LEDs cut down to fit the Drum
        10-08-2017, 09:53 PM
      • H. L. Chauvin
        Model A LED Headlights - Nighttime Driving
        by H. L. Chauvin
        This is a continuation of searching for "Functional Model A LED Headlights for Nighttime Driving," and is in addition to an earlier post entitled: New Custom Model A LED Headlight Reflectors* where I found Model A headlight kits with Mr. David Harris at: [email protected]

1. We heard where one person tried newly advertised LED bulbs in his typical Model A headlight reflectors
        01-08-2019, 12:22 PM
      Working...
      X