Snowing Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowing Today

Should I go out, fire up the wood stove in the barn and work on the car?

Nothing better to do go for it.

Comment

that's all I needed.

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Give it hell, we need more pics

• dmdeaton
        dmdeaton commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought I was boring you all with the teardown pics. Going to tackle body to frame bolts today. I dropped short block off yesterday at Ron's Machine. Might take a while, he is loaded down.

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        Not at all.

Speaking of snowing.............all I have to do is shovel the driveway nice and clean, and it will snow within 24 hours.
      It worked every time last year, and the same thing goes for this year.

Wish I had a barn and wood stove to work around. Just be careful, as my friend lost his garage and 28 Fordor from his wood stove.

Comment

Kind of like needing rain. Just take your car out and wash it.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• sunnyorm
          If we build them, will they come?
          by sunnyorm
          Barn find, of course, has become a catch all for seemingly lost vintage vehicles, right? wouldn't it be nice in an era of disappearing barns, if when someone built a new one, more barn finds "would come"?
          08-01-2018, 06:59 PM
        • 28A
          What to use for wood preservative
          by 28A
          Got a Briggs body with some wood that needs to be fixed up. What are we using for new or existing wood to protect it?
          I've heard boiled linseed oil is good as well as Gilsonite, but I have no idea where to source Gilsonite?...
          08-22-2018, 09:49 PM
        • Art Ebeling
          Barn fresh find
          by Art Ebeling
          I have had a WTB ad on a few websites. The ad is for a model T but this question applies to A's as well. I am not sure about this " barn fresh" thing. I greatly appreciate any original time capsule type vehicle but wonder why the 40 or 50 year old dust and dirt from storage is left in place and considered important. Wouldn't the cleaned up original finish be the valuable part of the find?...
          11-24-2018, 01:39 PM
        • Barnfind
          My BARN FIND
          by Barnfind
          2 OWNER. original condition. one dent, one fog lamp broke some how when we push it out of the barn. no idea what happen, no one touched it 1929 Model A Town Sedan
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          10-22-2019, 11:55 AM
        • Ed H
          Won't be long
          by Ed H
          Getting there...
          Picked up some oxy and acc tanks today, I have a new set of hoses and gauges. Have sand blaster, paint sprayer etc.
          Contacted a paver to asphalt the barn floor which is dirt at the moment. Once insulated I will have to decide on what type of heat I want. Right now I am leaning toward wood stove. I have lots and lots of hard wood on my property.

I found some...
          02-12-2018, 06:02 PM
        • gdaquilina
          Treating original wood?
          by gdaquilina
          I will soon start removing the original interior of my Town Sedan to install the new Classtique interior expected in late December. Since much of the original wood will be exposed is it worth applying any treatment to it? From a few sections that I have previously exposed the original wood is in very good condition. The threads that I found on the forum seemed to deal with treating new wood or repairing...
          11-24-2019, 07:31 PM
        Working...
        X