Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much value does extremely low mileage add to an all original car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much value does extremely low mileage add to an all original car?

I was approached today by some one who has a 1975 white Cadillac El Dorado Convertible, less than 9000 original miles, like new condition. Was bought new for his mother in law by her car dealer husband, both deceased. How
    much does such low mileage add to the value. I don't want it, he wants to sell it, Doesn't seem to know what to ask for it, told him I would do what I could to help him.

The extremely low mileage does add a greater value, but more importantly, how was it stored?
    The original tires will need to be replaced if it is to be driven again. Was the top stored up or down? Any sun fade ....ect
    the list goes on.
    You should be able to find a realistic value on line, check Hagerty, BJ Auctions, ect.....
    Hope this helps. Jeff
    Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

I agree, condition means more than mileage. Hopefully such a low mileage car war stored properly.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Russ Cochiolo
        Re-engined value opinions?
        by Russ Cochiolo
        About 40% of the A's in the Sierra Chapter, Fresno/Clovis CA, of M.A.F.C.A. have had engines replaced with Pintos (and others) to get AC and higher cruising speeds with better fuel mileage. Most of them, if'n you look past the 16's with radials and hydraulic brakes, look "original". Yesterday I looked at a 1930 Blindback that fits this description. Without the modifications it would be...
        05-26-2018, 09:16 AM
      • ClaudeC
        vehicle appraisal for insurance purposes
        by ClaudeC
        Do any of you guys have experience how to get an appraisal of antique car value for insurance purposes?
        01-13-2019, 12:12 PM
      • Gramps36Ford
        Appraised Value
        by Gramps36Ford
        Whats up guys, hope everyone is doing well this week.

I was trying to find if anyone had recommendations on appraisers in Northern California. This isn't for anything official, and i'm not selling my 36 but i'm just trying to get an assessed value...ballpark value really. Is that 20's, 30's maybe 50's? I literally have no clue. I know there are so many variables when determining value,...
        08-15-2019, 11:51 AM
      • BTERRY1
        Manometer authenticity Motometer
        by BTERRY1
        How can you tell the authenticity of manometers? Attached are images of some I acquired when originally purchased my car. Any input on authenticity and value would be appreciated...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        07-12-2021, 07:53 PM
      • Jordan
        How much is it worth? Original 1928 Tudor
        by Jordan
        I have considered getting another Model A to tinker with for a little while now- but a school teacher I can only afford so much. I have ALWAYS wanted an "original" car to make into a "grapes of wrath" type vehicle to just have fun with. I almost got one last year- but someone else got to it literally 30 seconds before I did.

I found this 28 Tudor and the owner is asking...
        02-07-2019, 09:42 AM
      • Mike Morton
        value and rarity of a 1929 60-c
        by Mike Morton
        What is a restored 1929 60-C worth and is it a rare body style? Any thoughts would be helpful...
        03-31-2020, 06:50 PM
      • Soapy
        Hagerty Insurance
        by Soapy
        I was talking to a Hagerty Agent this morning, and he said that they had a new program (didn't say how new) that covered what remained if my coupe were totaled in an accident. They will pay the full insured value, and I will be allowed to purchase what's left of the car for parts or lawn art. For an additional $8.00 a year (no doubt based on the insured value of the car) They will still pay the full...
        12-01-2020, 08:39 PM
      • copgib
        Collector Car Insurance
        by copgib
        I was wondering who has Grundy Collector Car Insurance, and what you think about them? Hugh
        06-17-2019, 04:55 PM
      • Jordan
        Is this Quail an original?
        by Jordan
        I am wondering if I can get some input from the audience. I have a Model A quail that I believe to be an original because of the features on it, they are far more detailed than reproductions. What is your opinion? I am going to try to sell it and I want to be honest in my advertisement....
        11-14-2020, 11:17 AM
      • Ray Horton
        A consideration on restoration
        by Ray Horton
        "If the driveline on the A is properly restored to factory specs (keep in mind I'm not talking Judging Standards but Ford original specs for fit) it is a VERY reliable car."

This was a comment from a knowledgeable professional restorer, Kevin in NJ, and though I have heard similar comments before, this one caught my attention for the distinction drawn between Judging Standards...
        12-27-2017, 08:39 PM
      Working...
      X