No announcement yet.

Your best 1930s/Great Depression movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your best 1930s/Great Depression movie?

There are many out there with many of our beloved Model As in them.

Can't decide myself whether it's "The Legend of Bagger Vance" or "Places in the Heart" both with Model As and set in the Great Depression. I believe one is just as much part as the other when it comes to that era of our History.

Do you have a favorite?
    "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Oh, that's easy. The Untouchables with Sean Connery, and Kevin Costner.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Fried Green Tomatoes
      O'Brother where Art Thou. Jeff
      Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Somewhere in Time
        Those Magnificent Men and Their Flying Machines
        anything by Jules Verne
        Regards - Randy
        Randy's Rod Shop
        1933 Ford Tudor "Bugsy"

Comment

The Grapes of Wrath, hands down for me.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• CSPIDY
            "The Highwaymen"
            by CSPIDY
            If you have access to Netflix the movie "The Highwaymen" has many Model A's in it. not to mention a few very kool 34 fords
            03-31-2019, 08:56 AM
          • Jeff/Illinois
            New movie w/ Model A Fords
            by Jeff/Illinois
            I've been seeing previews for a new movie set during the Depression that has plenty of Model A's in the scenes that is coming out in November I believe on the USA network?

"Damnation". Looks to be kinda violent but we'll have to check it out..............
            09-28-2017, 11:38 AM
          • Grit Kid
            Do you dress the era???
            by Grit Kid
            When out and about in your A, do you dress the part in clothes from the same period?...
            10-20-2019, 07:13 AM
          • Hoogah
            Model A farming plant - is there anything like this?
            by Hoogah
            Over the past couple of weeks, I've been involved in preparations for a clearing sale on a farm that belonged to two bachelor brothers. The last of the brothers passed away about 18 months ago. Both were well into their 80s when they died. What is unique about these blokes is that they farmed in some kind of time warp for almost all of their lives.
            • Their daily transport ("going to town"
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 10 photos.
            01-19-2019, 05:55 AM
          • Grit Kid
            Great place for Model A era music...............
            by Grit Kid
            https://tunein.com/radio/Jazz-20s--S...g-30s-s218840/
            09-18-2019, 09:26 AM
          • reggie
            New to the forum
            by reggie
            HI: I'm from Northern Wisconsin and I have a Late 31 Deluxe Tudor that I have been working on for years now, when I can afford to work on it as I'm disabled now have been for about twenty years now and I can't afford to hire anyone to help me with the car but I keep doing what I can do on it. As I won't sell the car as it's staying in the family has been in the family since about 1940 or 1945 or...
            06-13-2018, 12:46 PM
          • That80sGuy
            New Guy... in Georgia
            by That80sGuy
            Greetings!! I am new here...in the process of finalizing the purchase of a 1926 Model T Touring. I have loved these cars all my life and now I am in a position to own one and am pretty excited! Currently I'm reading all the info I can get on care and maintenance as well as places to get parts and repair advice. The car I'm looking at is 100% complete but has not been cranked or driven in about 5yrs....
            10-12-2017, 10:22 AM
          • Tom Wesenberg
            Is This a California Duster?
            by Tom Wesenberg
            I've heard guys mention buying a California Duster to clean their cars, but it's been years since I've owned a car worthy of dusting. I bought this duster at Goodwill in Arizona this winter, and it works great, but I was wondering if you clean it by using a vacuum cleaner, or can they be washed, or do you only shake the dust out?

05-23-2019, 07:50 AM
          • Grit Kid
            "Culture during the Model A Era."
            by Grit Kid
            Hey Mitch!!!! An addition to ponder....
            "Culture during the Model A Era." for the Model A Forum that would include almost everything that also happened, worn, included, seen, heard during the Model A era??????? Members post old photos now, advertisements and newspaper articles.

Think about it, don't lose any more sleep than necessary. It wasn't my idea so if you do lose sleep
            03-05-2018, 11:51 AM
          • ELLIS 11B
            Model Ford heirloom
            by ELLIS 11B
            So my fiancé just got this model Ford as a heirloom and it was her papaws, he stopped in the process halfway of completing it to make it out to be a woody of some sort because the body is all wood, from scratch from his own creation. But was told it’s a model T, I’m just the nominated one to do the restoration and thrilled to have the pleasure of doing it up for her since it was her papaws and...
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.
            07-06-2019, 11:59 PM
          Working...
          X