Lumens or Candlepower for Light Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumens or Candlepower for Light Output

Here is a link to one of several sources explaining how to compare lumens to candlepower.
    I just bought some LED bulbs with 25 lumens and wanted to see how it compares to the 2 candlepower of my standard #55 six volt instrument bulb.
    Looks like the light output will be the same, so all I gain is longer bulb life and much less power to run it.

http://www.theledlight.com/lumens.html

Thanks for posting this Tom. I get confused as all get out now when I go to the hardware store to buy household bulbs.
    They add new names to this simple product. Then increase the price ten fold. Oh well. Jeff
    Last edited by JDupuis; 01-11-2018, 12:40 PM.
    Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mark Maron
      LOGO LITES Introduces 6,8,12V LED Headlights for the Model A that CAN BE FOCUSED!!!
      by Mark Maron
      Original Thread

http://www.logolites.com/products/le...fn7kU9gSxwYuoc

HEADLIGHT FOCUS: The LEDs emit from the same location as the original filaments, so the headlights can be focused just like the originals!

01-11-2019, 02:13 PM
    • Kevin in NJ
      LED Head lamp bulbs. Why they are not right.
      by Kevin in NJ
      Here is some science behind the fact the bulbs do not put the light in the right place.
      The expert points out that light patterns the may seem fine may actually create more hazard such as unfocused light causing you to look in areas that are away from where you need to look for safe driving.

https://jalopnik.com/why-most-led-he...St7GZ0FrMV9zbI

https://www.danielst...
      07-14-2020, 10:59 AM
    • Beauford
      Parking light
      by Beauford
      Noticed my parking light in my two bulb buckets wont light on pass side. Switched bulbs and still nothing. Checked yellow green red and they are correct. Clipped test light to socket and ground and nothing. Any suggestions? My LEDs headlights work fine so there is power there.
      02-21-2019, 06:05 PM
    • Beauford
      Dash light Question?
      by Beauford
      Met some friends at the local tavern last night and left before dark. It was a nice evening to drive the '29 RPU topless and always a crowd pleaser! One of the guys wanted me to take him for a spin. It was dark then so decided it was a good time to test the LED headlight!! (never driven in dark) LEDs were awesome and as we were going along I said damn...forgot about this little light so I can see...
      03-15-2019, 08:29 AM
    • Captndan
      12v bulbs
      by Captndan
      The only bulb conversion on the chart was #63. No others listed. I need 12v numbers for headlights, park lights, front turn signal (after market) stop light, tail light and dome light. Thanks, Dan
      09-16-2019, 12:32 PM
    • Fixitphil
      Bulb Wattage
      by Fixitphil
      What size watt bulb do I use in the Dash Light? I put a 12volt parking lamp in and it must be too much wattage as the outer metal dome gets hot.
      I don't see a special bulb listed with Berts or Snyders.
      Phil
      11-08-2018, 10:50 AM
    • Charles Reese
      LED 'Bulbs'
      by Charles Reese
      For safety (i.e. brighter) has anyone identified LED 'bulbs' for our As (headlamp, dash light, tail/stop lamp)? Would need to be usable (w/o modification) in original sockets (i.e. single/double contact; parallel bayonet base; single/double filaments). Anyone using Brattons' LED head light? However, they have been out of stock for some time.

Sorry ... didn't realize this has been heavily...
      10-27-2020, 01:52 PM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      Red LED Warning Light
      by Tom Wesenberg
      If anyone needs a red warning light, these LED's are great and work fine on 6 or 12 volts. I just got my first order and tested them, then placed another order, as I'm sure they will come in handy for many uses. You can even use it as a test light, or clip it across the points to watch it flash as the points open and close to confirm they are working correctly. Also can be used to show power for B/W...
      09-02-2017, 03:24 PM
    • DaWizard
      LED lights
      by DaWizard
      Since most of you know I have LED headlights, and I thought I posted that the rear were LED also, I find that some info was missing. So here it continues.

The tail lights are the regular tail and stop TeaCup tail light replacement LEDs cut down to fit the Drum tail light, so I at least kept it original to my mid'28 with the Drum buckets.

As I posted in the Kelsey Hayes thread
      10-08-2017, 09:53 PM
    • Pg999
      Tach light power hook up question.
      by Pg999
      Where would one fasten the power for a tachometer light.
      I would like the light in the tach to come on when I turn the lights on. But do not have a clue as to where to tap in. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PG
      03-15-2020, 05:31 PM
    Working...
    X