From tomorrow 6pm to..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From tomorrow 6pm to..........

next Tuesday 6pm, the temps in the St Louis area is to be the coldest in 30 years. New Years eve to be -20. No snow or ice though...
    "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

But no one is complaining about the mosquitos though!

Comment

• Apple Green Wheels Rule
      Apple Green Wheels Rule commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure the super cold temps this winter will kill off most of skeeter larva for next year.

• Mickey
      Mickey commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe not. Mosquitoes in Alaska are the worst I've ever encountered anywhere in the world.

• Apple Green Wheels Rule
      Apple Green Wheels Rule commented
      Editing a comment
      We hope the winter freeze is deep enough to kill the spring larva because when it doesn't our skeeters are so big, two killed a dog and one asked the other if they should take it back to the nest and eat it there, the other said, best not, the grownups will take it away from us.

I'm not going to tell you that today it got up to 82º. I'm not going to tell you it is only down to 47º at night, because this is So Cal, and we all know how that is.

What I am going to tell you is, watch the Rose Parade and be warmed down to your toes at the scantily clad cuties riding on the flowered floats.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post
      I'm not going to tell you that today it got up to 82º. I'm not going to tell you it is only down to 47º at night, because this is So Cal, and we all know how that is.

What I am going to tell you is, watch the Rose Parade and be warmed down to your toes at the scantily clad cuties riding on the flowered floats.
      Well it should be quite warm there in CA with all the fires out of control!!!!!!

Comment

-12 here now !! I can jump in the shower before the hot water has mixed with the cold, and it's still warm. Mr. Mn.
        Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

Snowing here now and cold, but not as cold as Mr. Mn has it.
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said
          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Tisk Tisk!!!!!!!!!!!! none of this compares to Dec 44 in the Ardennes. Things finally warmed up when the krauts attacked!!!!!

Comment

We got about 3" and it's very Light because of the cold temps. I was able to do the pavements and patio with the leaf blower. At one point the plow froze on the plow truck so i had to wrap the valve body in an electric battery blanket.
              3 ~ Tudor's
              Henry Ford said
              "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

It's so cold in Minnesota that even the electricity slows down. I typed this message 3 days ago, and you are just now receiving it.

I also blow the snow when it's 2" or less and light, which is most of the time due to extreme cold. I was using my Echo leaf blower to clean the driveway of 2" the other day, and was just about done when it ran out of gas. I refilled from the same 2 gallon jug of mixed gas, which will usually last the winter. As soon as I refilled, the blower will now only idle. I tried it the next morning, and it's the same thing. I found another identical Echo on Craigslist for $25 and bought it this morning. It was cheap because the throttle needed repair. All that happened was someone replaced the fuel line to carb, and didn't reinstall the throttle link correctly. Anyway I topped off the tank and started blowing, and it ran great. As soon as the original gas in the carb ran out and sucked up the new gas, it now will only idle also.

I'm going to dump the remainder of the gas into a clear gallon jug and see how it looks, but this really has me puzzled.
                BTW, my car was sure feeling the cold this morning. The 1999 Olds 88 wouldn't get the tranny warm enough to upshift into overdrive until I drove for 10 miles.

Comment

I should have stayed in bed today. On the way to buy the Echo leaf blower this morning, I saw 4 car crashes where the fools don't slow down when there is black ice on the roads. Salt doesn't work when it's this cold. Anyway after fixing the throttle on the blower, then having it fail in the same manner as my other one, I drained the gas into a clear bottle, but it looks perfect. I then drained the gas from the blower I bought today, and it's a bit brownish, but that might just be the color of the oil mixed in. So, I'm still unsure why both blowers will only idle now. I'll buy some more fresh good gas without corn crap, and give it a try. It's so cold that when I went outside, the hydraulic closer didn't slow the closing of the screen door, so it slammed shut and broke the glass.

Comment

• Mitch
                    Mitch commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Tom are the carburetors serviceable? Maybe a good clean out especially on the main jet orifice

-9 tonight with wind chill -25. Just a couple of more days and nights like this, the river will freeze over. I've seen that before and as the barges breakup the center, when they can, huge ice chucks pile up along the shore line and do all kinds of damage.
                  Last edited by Apple Green Wheels Rule; 12-30-2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                    Tom are the carburetors serviceable? Maybe a good clean out especially on the main jet orifice
                    They are easy to remove, and if new gas doesn't help, that will be the next step.

BTW, it's so cold that when I tried to tape the broken glass on my screen door, the tape wouldn't even stick. I've never heard of that before.

Comment

It's 5:40 am and it -7 with a windchill of -26. The wind out of the old North Minch is howling!!!!

Comment

• DaWizard
                        DaWizard commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Roll over and go back to sleep. The world is the same as yesterday, so need to rise and shine!