How to Identify Original Equipment Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Identify Original Equipment Parts

I guess there's no question when it says so right on the part. My old bike tire has had a slow leak for a few months, so I finally changed the inner tube, and was surprised to read the label. What's pictured is the only markings on the tube. I've never seen anything like this before.

BTW, the slow leak was from a fold when someone installed the inner tube years ago.

Original Equipment.JPG

After Pat lost communication skills, during her Dementia, we would buy something, she looked on the bottom of it & would LAFF at the little GOLD, "made in China" sticker----Her communication skills went away QUICKLY.
    Dad Sad

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• pooch
    Don't toss those tapered kitchen table legs.
    by pooch

Always hard to find metal bows, and I would never chop a restorable set.

This is what you can do with kitchen table legs.

I first flattened them to an oval, then sectioned a piece out where the bend is.

Then squared it a touch on the inside of the bend so it would fit in my stretcher machine, and pumped the curve into it.

The end pieces...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    06-15-2018, 11:21 PM
  • Mitch
    RG & JS Book
    by Mitch
    It seems i am always pulling a page through the binder ring so i keep these handy which makes them much more durable...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    09-30-2017, 12:37 PM
  • DaWizard
    Brain Twister
    by DaWizard

Well CRAP, didn't post all my eloquent words!!

Ok, try this again!

Ok boys and girls, I finished removing the starter and stuck my flexible magnet down the hole to see what would jump out at me, and this is what I found.

In all my years of experience, a search of my internal hard drive has come up empty, so I am putting the question out to the
    07-29-2017, 12:33 PM
  • George Miller
    Model A Hillbilly car
    by George Miller
    Here is a hillbilly car that I made to take to Charlotte Auto Fare a few years back. ...
    07-17-2017, 05:57 PM
  • Mitch
    How to install metal tire tube stems
    by Mitch
    Courtesy John Carter!

Usually the hobbyist purchases new tubes with the metal stems already installed. If you want to convert your old tubes over or just install the metal stems yourself this may help you out.

10-17-2018, 08:34 AM
  • DaWizard
    Alternator in a Can, or How to fool the judges and run 12v.
    by DaWizard
    Original Thread:
    https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...es-and-run-12v

Since I have been boasting about my 12v neg system I was told I needed to do a pictorial and text of how and what I did to get my "Alternator in a Can" or "How to fool the judges and still run 12v". So, you asked for it, and yes,
    11-10-2017, 03:35 PM
  • pooch
    My first rod, a 28 roadster.
    by pooch
    I started with this. more to come...

I only wanted the cowl, as I was going to build extended doors, but the door hinge screws were rusted on so I gave the guy another $100 , and I was glad I did when I got around to building it.

Scored an already boxed A chassis and a few more bits

HR holden independent front end with discs.

08-29-2018, 07:01 PM
  • tbirdtbird
    A few Yellowstone and Glacier Natl Park photos
    by tbirdtbird
    60 Dallas club people and 15 Model As just got back from the parks after a 10 day tour.
    The buses are 1937 Whites. The yellow ones are in Yellowstone, the red ones in Glacier. There were over 100 yellow ones in the beginning. After decades, they were falling into disrepair. Ford re-framed and re-powered them, and left the coaches alone for that vintage look. They bear both the White emblem and...
    08-16-2017, 05:45 PM
  • DaWizard
    Alternator in a Can, or How to fool the judges and run 12v.
    by DaWizard
    Since I have been boasting about my 12v neg system I was told I needed to do a pictorial and text of how and what I did to get my "Alternator in a Can" or "How to fool the judges and still run 12v". So, you asked for it, and yes, I am going to get winded.

Disclaimer: There were NO working or rebuildable to working condition Powerhouse generators used in the making...
    11-10-2017, 03:35 PM
  • DaWizard
    Coolant Filters !
    by DaWizard
    Well folk, seems like my brain is working overtime today, and I have a couple of subjects to broach, least of all is the coolant filters.

http://www.ganofilters.com/

I have had one of these inline before the radiator since I can't remember, and have been cleaning it a minimum of once a week whether it needs it or not, and it seems it always needs it. Well, today I pulled
    08-18-2017, 07:13 PM
Working...
X