How to Identify Original Equipment Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Identify Original Equipment Parts

I guess there's no question when it says so right on the part. My old bike tire has had a slow leak for a few months, so I finally changed the inner tube, and was surprised to read the label. What's pictured is the only markings on the tube. I've never seen anything like this before.

BTW, the slow leak was from a fold when someone installed the inner tube years ago.

Original Equipment.JPG

After Pat lost communication skills, during her Dementia, we would buy something, she looked on the bottom of it & would LAFF at the little GOLD, "made in China" sticker----Her communication skills went away QUICKLY.
    Dad Sad

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• GaryWa
    oil filler tube baffles?
    by GaryWa
    Are they removable?...
    05-07-2020, 10:59 AM
  • Mitch
    Wastler Estate Car Sale 1928 60A
    by Mitch
    Long story short, Steve looked long and hard for an original car. He found this 1928 60A, 13,960 miles but never got around to getting much done. They did recently have it running and will try again soon after hanging an aux fuel supply and hot wiring the ignition. The wiring is suspect and the tank needs cleaning, so Dave is leary of starting it up using the existing original wiring and fuel source....
    04-20-2021, 10:40 AM
  • Bill G
    Great Support and thankfulness
    by Bill G
    Yesterday, being Thanksgiving in the US, I sort of got a little carried away with feeling thankful for just about everything. Health being one of them. A dear friend of ours is in rehab after suffering a heart attack, and I feel rather lucky, even with the aches and pains that go along with getting older.

Two and a half years ago I bought a Model A. It is something my wife and I have...
    11-29-2019, 12:32 PM
  • AzBob
    Lower Distributor Shaft Slot Dimensions?
    by AzBob
    I have a length of .498" diameter 303 stainless steel I want to machine for the lower distributor shaft. I have measured (on surface plate) the slot offsets from the old one and come up with a .027" offset.

To me, this makes no sense to me since Henry was using fractional dimensions for the most part at the time. I would think the offset would have been .031" (1/32"...
    11-11-2021, 12:59 PM
  • pooch
    Picked up my 21 stud English engine.
    by pooch
    I bought this engine out of a Ford Thames truck last october and picked it up yesterday.

I run the same engine in my Model A hiboy, so this is going to be a spare for insurance.

When I first bought my hiboy engine 4 years ago, I thought I was buying a 37 ford truck motor as that is what it came out of.

I had a 39 Ford deluxe when I was 15 for a couple...
    02-04-2019, 12:22 AM
  • pooch
    Don't toss those tapered kitchen table legs.
    by pooch

Always hard to find metal bows, and I would never chop a restorable set.

This is what you can do with kitchen table legs.

I first flattened them to an oval, then sectioned a piece out where the bend is.

Then squared it a touch on the inside of the bend so it would fit in my stretcher machine, and pumped the curve into it.

The end pieces...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    06-15-2018, 10:21 PM
  • dmaxweb
    Oil Pump Distributor Drive Gear Retainer Spring - Original vs. Repro
    by dmaxweb
    I'm putting my Schwalms rebuilt engine back together. Has anyone used one of the repro springs? It looks to be chrome plated, somewhat heavier gauge wire, and slightly smaller diameter than the one that was in the car.

The one on the left is the one that was in the car (original?) and the new repro is on the right.

Also, my old one is slightly shorter. Could...
    11-02-2021, 05:57 PM
  • Mitch
    RG & JS Book
    by Mitch
    It seems i am always pulling a page through the binder ring so i keep these handy which makes them much more durable...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    09-30-2017, 11:37 AM
  • DaWizard
    Brain Twister
    by DaWizard

Well CRAP, didn't post all my eloquent words!!

Ok, try this again!

Ok boys and girls, I finished removing the starter and stuck my flexible magnet down the hole to see what would jump out at me, and this is what I found.

In all my years of experience, a search of my internal hard drive has come up empty, so I am putting the question out to the
    07-29-2017, 11:33 AM
  • George Miller
    Model A Hillbilly car
    by George Miller
    Here is a hillbilly car that I made to take to Charlotte Auto Fare a few years back. ...
    07-17-2017, 04:57 PM
Working...
X