Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORD cast Iron Engine Block

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ive-2015-f-150

AND, IRON Blocks can be re-melted, to make BOAT ANCHORS---LOL---BUT, Alujimum Blocks can be re-melted, to make more BEER CANS--LOL, also!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• dmdeaton
      Engine Block Sleeves
      by dmdeaton
      If you need to sleeve a block, are the new sleeves modern steel? How do these wear and hold up compared to the stock cast iron bores?...
      12-11-2017, 03:09 PM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      Don't be Affraid to Weld Cast Iron
      by Tom Wesenberg
      When I was 12 I worked for a farmer a few miles away. One day a cast iron part broke on his vacuum pump for his milking machines, so he threw it away. Back then many people seemed to think you couldn't weld cast iron. By the time I was 15 I learned cast iron could be welded or brazed to repair a break. About 30 years ago I hit a tree stump and broke the mounting ear on the quill on my Cub Cadet mower...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 4 photos.
      06-08-2017, 09:15 PM
    • Anthony Vella
      Serial ~ of Y blocks .
      by Anthony Vella
      Can anyone tell me where I can find the punched serial number of the Ford 292 V-8 Y block off of an F 100 '59 truck. A picture will definately make it much easier....
      09-16-2019, 01:18 AM
    • Ray in La Mesa
      Tod's engine block
      by Ray in La Mesa
      Haven't seen any info on Tod's A block casting project lately, anyone know what the story is?
      03-19-2019, 10:01 AM
    • Fixitphil
      Diamond Block
      by Fixitphil
      Are all AA engines Diamond Blocks? What is the difference from an A engine and a Diamond block?
      Thanks,
      Phil
      05-08-2018, 08:46 PM
    • carolinamudwalker
      Rasing a model A
      by carolinamudwalker
      Tom W, didn't you mention a system for raising a model A to avoid flooding? I don't have room for a lift but need to get the car up about 3 feet for next time, and there will be a next time. We are living on bare concrete floors trying to determine how much (little) drywall to cut out. Lots of fun but little time for my poor little car.
      10-17-2018, 08:22 AM
    • Chuck Sea/Tac
      Casting holes
      by Chuck Sea/Tac
      Anyone know how these casting holes were factory sealed.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      07-04-2017, 04:00 PM
    • efddd
      4" drop axle
      by efddd
      Does anyone know what the 4" drop axles sold cheap in the USA these days are made of? I assume they come from china. Cast steel? Cast iron? Ductile? I have one that has about 2 degrees too much positive camber on the passenger side. The alignment shop is afraid to bend it unless they know what it is made out of. I don't blame them. If it's cast iron it will snap like glass.
      08-09-2019, 09:13 PM
    • Ronnieroadster
      Flathead Ford block for high horsepower
      by Ronnieroadster
      Heres the latest flathead block were building for another run on the salt flats. Can anyone see any differences?
      Ronnieroadster
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      11-10-2018, 06:25 PM
    • TOBKOB
      Brake linings and equalizers
      by TOBKOB
      I have a couple of questions for the more knowledgeable members. What kind of equalizers do I have and what type of brake liner is best with the late 31 cast iron drums. I have used the Scandinavian lining on steel drums and I have them to use with new cast iron drums on a project but they aren't on the chassis yet. Bratton's has the woven lining, Mikes has the molded type and Snyders has both and...
      03-07-2018, 08:55 PM
    Working...
    X