Another Good Store Closed Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Good Store Closed Yesterday

Across the road from Fleet Farm was a good second hand store, which did house cleanouts and sold the good tools, and other housing needs. For the past 2 weeks they have marked everything 75% off, as yesterday was their last day in business. A few days ago I bought a Model A tire iron for 25 cents, and yesterday I found several more good buys, like an antique Stewart Warner 5 tube radio for $1.25. Sure hope they reconsider and open up again.

Originally posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
    Across the road from Fleet Farm was a good second hand store, which did house cleanouts and sold the good tools, and other housing needs. For the past 2 weeks they have marked everything 75% off, as yesterday was their last day in business. A few days ago I bought a Model A tire iron for 25 cents, and yesterday I found several more good buys, like an antique Stewart Warner 5 tube radio for $1.25. Sure hope they reconsider and open up again.
    If he did, I don't think he'd have anything to sell....he sold it all!!!!
    "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Green Wheels Rule View Post

If he did, I don't think he'd have anything to sell....he sold it all!!!!
      The owner said he didn't want to deal with retail, and was going to sell on ebay.
      Well, most of what he sells in the store wouldn't sell on ebay, and the packing and shipping charges would make it impractical.

Comment

I can see if his overhead, rent utilities and insurance got to high he might try another avenue. That's the problem out here in paradise. Retail rents are so high a fellow would have to cook meth to pay the bills!

Comment

YEA, for the Second Hand Stores & Goodwill Stores!!!! A Friend, Bill B, always dressed to the HILT, he bought ALL his SUITS/SHOES/ETC, from the GOODWILL Stores---I DON'T know about his WIFE?????---He found DESIGNER Suits & FLORSCHEIM Shoes, that hadn't even been WORN!
          Dad Poortoo

Comment

I always avoid the used wife isle at Goodwill.

Comment

• Mitch
              Mitch commented
              Editing a comment
              I must have gotten lucky then

Related Topics

Collapse

• BudP
            EBay Cautions
            by BudP
            Many times I have purchased Model A items on EBay. Generally, I only purchase if I need the item, the price is reasonable, and the description (pictures and narrative) gives me some assurance of the quality. Last night I was a seller, listing Model A side curtains (appeared to have never been used) from my stash and new side curtain rods (original style, unopened packaging) for $475 including shipping....
            12-05-2018, 04:15 PM
          • Kevin in NJ
            Ebay listing apps for selling, what is your experience?
            by Kevin in NJ
            I need to get back into selling on ebay. I have been using the Windows app that eBay provides for free.

I am selling a wide variety of what is laying around my house. So I am not constantly listing the same thing. I have Windows and MacBook computers. I use an Iphone.

Can people please share their experiences with both phone Apps and PC based apps.
            Keep in mind I am...
            01-17-2020, 03:26 PM
          • Tom Wesenberg
            Show Us Your License Plate Topper
            by Tom Wesenberg
            I have 5 now and will probably stop unless I come across a very special one that is affordable.
            The first and last I bought just the other day on ebay, and the middle two pictures I bought on ebay about 4 years ago.
            Many of the toppers sell pretty high on ebay, and I rarely find any at the swap meet and antique shops.
            I bought all 5 of these repro's on ebay for less than $20 eac...
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 4 photos.
            08-24-2018, 10:51 AM
          • Ronnie Hill
            Just thought I’d put this out there. Seen on eBay this morning
            by Ronnie Hill
            https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202330870225
            06-04-2018, 11:57 AM
          • Mickey
            A word of caution ordering from Weldingsupply.com
            by Mickey
            I ordered an 11 pound spool of wire from them about a month ago ($100) but didn't use right away. When I opened it the spool was broken. I called them but because it had been so long they would only turn it over to UPS to see if they would make good on. I then ordered another roll (another $100) and it came in about 15 minutes ago and the spool on it is also broken. I immediately called Welding Supply...
            03-18-2019, 03:48 PM
          • Bill in NJ
            Another Zenith 3 carb on ebay
            by Bill in NJ
            Just saw another on ebay today CHEAP !
            01-22-2018, 08:06 PM
          • Tom Wesenberg
            A Variable Power Supply and Battery Charger
            by Tom Wesenberg
            This is a very handy tool to own. It's a variable power supply and battery charger with 2 ranges, 0-8 volts, and 0-16 volts. I bought mine at the local surplus store, thinking it was a working unit. It turned out it wasn't and it only put out 5 volts, which dropped to 3 volts after a couple minutes. I did some serious cleaning, and got mine to look as nice as this one on ebay. I took the case off...
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 4 photos.
            10-22-2017, 09:47 PM
          • Tom Wesenberg
            A Slight Delay in Making New Voltage Regulators
            by Tom Wesenberg
            When I started making voltage regulators years ago, I bought my transistors from the local electronics surplus store. I bought all 15 Motorola transistors that they had, and they worked fine. I then found a guy on ebay that had a box of 200 ON brand, so I bought his, and they worked fine. Now I'm down to just a few left, and I couldn't find the ones I wanted from an American supplier, so I ordered...
            09-11-2018, 05:35 AM
          Working...
          X