Snap On Pneumatic Gasket Scraper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snap On Pneumatic Gasket Scraper

Here's a tool I haven't seen before, but sure could have used it when I changed the water pump on my uncle's Ford car in the 80's.
    That was the worst gasket I'd ever had to remove.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Snap-On-Pne...4AAOSwnDpaKeSk

I never saw one either.. Be very careful using it on aluminum
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
      BILL WILLIAMSON commented
      Editing a comment
      Where have you & Tom been? Under a basket??? They're COMMON for years!

Related Topics

Collapse

• ClaudeC
    water inlet gasket intallation
    by ClaudeC
    Installing a new water inlet gasket/thick felt"best" gasket. Should I coat the gasket with permetex gasket sealer or just apply it dry and clean?
    11-07-2018, 10:25 AM
  • old31
    Head gasket weep, time to change gasket?
    by old31
    Is there a need to change the gasket with this weep that has occurred?

New engine with 1,400 miles. 6.0 head level 8 studs and the nuts have been re-torqued many times and there is nothing to torque the last 2 times....
    07-02-2018, 02:52 PM
  • ClaudeC
    permatex gasket maker copper spray application
    by ClaudeC
    Soon I will be installing my aluminum heads. Using graphite head gaskets. I was told to spray the head gasket with permatex Copper gasket maker. When I cover the head gasket with copper gasket maker, should I wait for the spray to dry before installing?
    If I install it wet it may create a mess, but it would seem that is the best way? Any used this stuff before? What did you do?
    02-16-2018, 05:54 PM
  • Fredski
    Should I replace my head gasket?
    by Fredski
    Only on the starter side of the motor the gasket sweats when I get temperature changes in my garage.
    Car is kept just above 32 degrees garage temperature but when I heat garage temp to work on my other car l notice moisture along the gasket seal. It’s winter where I am . Never seems to be a problem in summer time heat.

Fredski...
    02-23-2018, 11:30 AM
  • smittykid
    Head gasket question
    by smittykid
    My short block out of my 29 Tudor is out in Skokie, Il. for a rebuild. I bought the 5.5:1 high comp. head from Snyder's along with the B-6051-C Graphite gasket. My Grandson is a tool & die maker and he has the Snyder's head checking for flatness. I though I read somewhere that there is a right way and a wrong way to install the head gasket. Something about "dimples" being installed...
    08-23-2017, 08:26 AM
  • Roadster Rich
    Water Inlet and Outlet seal
    by Roadster Rich
    I should know this, but what is best to use when you have some very rough corroded areas just behind the higher seal surface on both the top outlet casting and the bottom inlet casting? These sure look like they will need something right under where the clamp is to make the seal. If just the higher lip is important then maybe I don't need to worry about how pitted and rough is is just behind the...
    06-08-2017, 12:13 PM
  • DaWizard
    Gaskets Showing
    by DaWizard
    This is because I am having a wandering thought about this engine build I am doing.

When you assemble an engine or anything with a gasket, you obviously use gaskets and some type of sealer. What I am wondering is, do you leave the over edge of the gasket showing and or leave the gasket sealer showing after it squeezes out?

The reason I ask is because yesterday while installing
    07-18-2018, 12:14 PM
  • sphanna
    Head gasket advice
    by sphanna
    I have a Snyder 6:1 head on my Fordor The gasket I have in stock is a BEST GASKET 573. Also has part number of B-6051-C sticker & additionally a Ford licensed product # 3020. All this is labeled on the sealed packaging of the head gasket. Is this considered the best gasket? I want to instal the best available. I purchased this about 3 years ago for a spare. Wondering if there is a better...
    06-11-2018, 10:51 PM
  • carolinamudwalker
    glass fuel bole gasket
    by carolinamudwalker
    Didn't I just see something about the fuel bole gasket? I tried a search but nothing came up. I was changing the filter and the rubber gasket is so swollen it will go back in. Yet Bratton's catalog says the neoprene gasket is better than the cork....
    01-30-2018, 02:03 PM
  • Mickey
    Carburetor gasket
    by Mickey
    Can I reuse a paper carburetor gasket with just a little sealer?
    10-02-2018, 08:13 AM
Working...
X