Vintage Wiper Pressure Tester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Wiper Pressure Tester

Here's something you don't see very often. I'd bet most Model A's would fail the test. I know my 28 hand wiper is useless.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Aut...laL3cl&vxp=mtr

That is kinda cool.

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
      BILL WILLIAMSON commented
      Editing a comment
      Could you weigh a FISH with it?

I like where it says to have the customer read the pressure.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• rheacox
      Model A Electric Wiper on Ebay
      by rheacox
      Check out this wiper motor on ebay. Looks like it's for a Model A but more interesting is the farmer fix wiper arm....
      These numbers do NOT refer to quantity in any way. Unsure if it works.
      06-13-2019, 01:28 PM
    • rheacox
      Original electric wiper repair
      by rheacox
      Looking for someone that does repair work on original Model A electric wipers. Mine works well for the most part but there is some notchyness in the transmission. Most of the time it only swings the blade about halfway through its range of motion. Not entirely sure what model mine is, I think it's a Heinze HA-C2.

On the other hand, if someone has good instructions on getting the gearbox...
      06-19-2019, 10:45 AM
    • Jamey E
      Wiper Motor
      by Jamey E
      Can someone fill me in on what we have? For our wiper assembly there is a thumb lever to work the wiper back & forth, but there is also a thumb switch. I found a toggle switch hidden under the dash that sends power to the thumb switch, but there must be something wrong with the wiper motor. Is this something that is rebuildable or does it just need replaced?? Thanks...
      06-04-2019, 10:23 PM
    • copgib
      Installing wiper blade in wiper arm
      by copgib
      Does anyone have a picture and explaination on how to install the wiper blade to the wiper arm for the Model A or know where to find this information? Doesn't look that simple to me. Thanks
      08-01-2018, 08:14 PM
    • dmdeaton
      Windshield Wipers
      by dmdeaton
      The roadster has a thin piece of wire holding the wiper arm up. Vacuum motor, good looking housing, I assume original. I guess this might be something I piddle with soon. Do the wipers work ok when all is well, or just rainx the glass and go on? What is everyone doing?
      08-23-2018, 08:25 PM
    • Poor Boy
      Portable vacuum source
      by Poor Boy
      Good evening. I have been cleaning up and trying to sort out some wiper motors for my 31 coupe, with limited success. What I find a real nuisance is trying to test them with a vacuum source other than a running car in a closed garage in freezing weather. Has anyone found/built/designed a portable vacuum source that one could take off the shelf and use on the work bench to test these wiper motors....
      03-26-2019, 08:52 PM
    • tchbil
      Manual Wiper
      by tchbil
      Does any one have the Ford drawing of the manual wiper for the 28\29 CCPU as I would like to make one for my truck.
      12-09-2018, 06:26 PM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      Original Electric Wiper Needs Repair
      by Tom Wesenberg
      Wimps need not apply. LOL
      Actually there might be some usable parts on this. I bought a powerhouse generator once that looked almost as bad, and I was able to save everything except the broken brush holder, brushes, and rear cover.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1928-1929-M...01%26algo%3DRE...
      12-19-2017, 10:48 PM
    • Curly
      Advantages of hand operated windshield wiper...
      by Curly
      Is there any reason I can’t, or shouldn’t, change my 1931 closed cab pick-up from the original vacuum style windshield wiper motor to a hand crank set up?
      The reason I’m considering this is my hight. I look out the top of the windshield and that little vacuum motor is right on my eyes. I rarely use the wipers so I’d like to make better use of that windshield real estate.
      05-29-2019, 10:12 AM
    • DanRitchie
      Trico vacuum replacement part
      by DanRitchie
      I am trying to purchase replacement parts for a Trico vacuum wiper, Rocker Home and Reversing Lever Spring. This is for my 1931 Ford A truck. The kits on-line don't seem to include these items. Any direction is greatly appreciated.
      Regards,
      Dan
      05-20-2019, 07:43 AM
    Working...
    X