AC Delco Hand Held Tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Delco Hand Held Tach

I wonder why Delco made these, as I always thought of them as a farm equipment tool.
    I use mine to check generator output at different RPM, but doubt the Delco had that in mind.
    It does look like a much better buy than a small tin of 4 fuses. LOL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-60s....c100290.m3507

I never saw one of those before
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I bought mine at a farm auction in the early 80's. The farmers used them to set the speed of some machines they used.
      They will read in both directions, and can be used on the Model A by using a wood dowel through the crank hole.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• DaWizard
        Points cleaning.
        by DaWizard
        I was perusing through my book of Service Bulletins again today and stumbled across something rather interesting.

Henry suggested that when the points seemed to be dirty or corroded or in some way in need of a cleaning, that a whetstone be used to burnish the pads. Well, I was thinking to myself, since most of the folk I know that own a Model A might not even know what a whetstone is,
        08-18-2017, 03:11 PM
      • SeaSlugs
        What this to?
        by SeaSlugs
        I have 2 of these cutouts on some model A generators. Both are Ford script and one has a stamped B (not sure on other) I read the JS and they say all model A cutouts had slotted mounting tabs - these 2 do not. So what are they to? Model B's? Sure are heavy....
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 4 photos.
        08-18-2018, 05:46 PM
      • George Miller
        Rebuilding a model A engine
        by George Miller
        I do not want to get into bashing people. So I,m going to say the model A engine is one of the hardiest to get right when rebuilding them. You could do 2 chev small blocks or Ford small block to 1 model A engine, that is if you do it right. Every one always says how simple they are. But they are not simple to get right....
        01-22-2018, 03:25 PM
      • Tom Wesenberg
        KR Wilson Generator Tester
        by Tom Wesenberg
        I'm not a KR Wilson tool collector, mainly because I rarely come across one to buy, but here is a generator tester on display at the Model A museum in Gilmore. This would be a nice tool to own, but I built my own several years ago.

09-18-2017, 09:37 AM
      • Ray Horton
        Here ya go, Tom Wesenberg
        by Ray Horton
        https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...283503255.html
        08-30-2017, 10:28 PM
      • 29er
        Electricity for Dummies
        by 29er
        So, what's the difference between an alternator and a generator?
        01-19-2018, 03:30 PM
      • Mitch
        Hand Cranking a Model A
        by Mitch
        Original Thread

Hand Cranking - Safe and Easy

©1999 Marco Tahtaras

https://web.archive.org/web/20180830...om/index.shtml

©1999 Marco Tahtaras

01-16-2018, 08:28 AM
      • Ed H
        Fly wheels
        by Ed H
        Is it better to leave the flywheel stock and balance or have it lightened up and balanced?
        01-20-2018, 07:23 PM
      • canadian
        Hand Cranking
        by canadian
        EVER ? NEVER? My truck not completed yet but was wondering is this something that you guys use? would certainly impress the girls on Walmart parking lot.....
        01-16-2018, 06:19 AM
      • Tom Wesenberg
        Repairing a Bad Generator Armature
        by Tom Wesenberg
        I was sent an armature to repair some wires that got scraped away. I've never seen this happen before and wonder just what rubbed so long that it wore away some of the wires leading to the commutator. It must have been the field wire or power brush to stud wire. I had to splice in some short lengths of solid copper wire after I scraped away the lacquer coating. I also had to turn the damaged taper...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 4 photos.
        11-10-2017, 12:27 AM
      Working...
      X