Don't be Fooled by Low Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't be Fooled by Low Price

I recently ordered a pair of bullet mirrors, which cost about $67. Here is a single mirror, which doesn't have quite as nice a shape as the ones I bought, but the price is less than half what I paid. This one doesn't specify what it's made of, but similar shaped and priced mirrors do say they are just chrome plated plastic.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-4...19.m1438.l2649

3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Tom,
      Is there an OLD CHEEP house nearby to store ALL the stuff you buy?---Heard of a program, "THE HOARDERS"????---LOL
      Love you, Bro Tom

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• H. L. Chauvin
        Modifying 1930 Town Sedan Rear View Mirror
        by H. L. Chauvin
        This may or may not help someone who would prefer to feel safer while having Model A rear view mirrors & peep mirrors where one can see "everything" like that of a riding in a new, modern car.

Anyway, FWIW: Ever since I had my 1930 TS I have noticed two (2) important Life Safety things while traveling in slow moving or fast moving heavy multi-lane traffic.

A....
        06-24-2018, 02:30 PM
      • Barber31
        My under $4 side view mirrors !
        by Barber31
        I found these at Walmart and I just had to give them a try. My gen is down right now so I have not tested them yet but I'm sure even though they are super small I'm sure they are a tad better than no mirror at all.

08-08-2017, 11:01 PM
      • H. L. Chauvin
        Six-Inch (6") Diameter Convex Model A Door Mounted L & R Mirrors
        by H. L. Chauvin
        A. Because of our today's, 2018 modern style, weaving in-and-out fast traffic, texting and phoning while driving, following too closely, etc., just for highway's safety's sake in heavy traffic in urban areas, I just decided "try" to install larger diameter "Convex" L & R door clip mounted mirrors on my 1930 Town Sedan to provide more wide angle rear viewing.

04-23-2018, 12:36 AM
      • Mitch
        Branson barn find startup
        by Mitch
        This is a contest that the MO club does to see how long it takes to start a Model A up from moth balls. This years start up took place right out in front of the host hotel. I will be posting a series of short videos and pics.
        The star of the show is our own Larry Shepard.. Larrys40 on the VFF

Larry and crew did a great job waking this car up from 50 years of sleep

On...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 10 photos.
        06-29-2018, 01:13 PM
      • CarlG
        For Tom Wessenberg
        by CarlG
        1929 Studebaker House Car

11-02-2017, 12:44 PM
      • Nabco
        Brush on Chrome Paint
        by Nabco
        Have you guys seen this stuff....looks pretty interesting......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=GY0iNcApC8s

12-04-2017, 06:48 PM
      • Jeff/Illinois
        A Model A-merican girl
        by Jeff/Illinois
        Oldy but a goodie!!

Courtesy of Model A Times,, thanks John!! You never would have looked at Granny this way!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7KYRvDl7TM

02-21-2018, 06:51 PM
      • BNCHIEF
        Hinge pin mirror issues
        by BNCHIEF
        I have hinge pin mirrors on my 30 tudor, the gap between the hinge and the mirror is probably 1/4" when i screw the set screw in it almost threads completely thru the mirror, I shimmed up the gap with a piecece of aluminum strap wrapped in black duct tape to prevent marring but this does not hold the mirror in place . Any suggestions?
        09-05-2017, 05:04 AM
      • wrndln
        Unknown outside mirror brackets
        by wrndln
        I bought a box of mirror stuff to get a couple original open car mirror brackets (type H in the JS's). There were some other brackets I don't know what they are for. I posted one bracket a few days ago that was tentatively identified as a 30/31 truck/pickup outside bracket. I am posting picture of the 4 brackets I need IDed - 2 pictures of each. I would appreciate any help IDing any of the brackets...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 8 photos.
        10-23-2018, 12:06 PM
      • carolinamudwalker
        Rear view mirrors
        by carolinamudwalker
        I have wind wings on my sport coup with the tiny mirrors that clamp on the glass. These cannot be adjusted to see traffic in my blind spot which is huge in a sport coup. With the back window open the wind wraps around and comes in the through the open back window and is much cooler. I don't know why, Has anyone found larger mirrors with the 3/8 mounting ball that would work? Thanks in advance...
        05-29-2018, 07:19 AM
      Working...
      X