Don't be Fooled by Low Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't be Fooled by Low Price

I recently ordered a pair of bullet mirrors, which cost about $67. Here is a single mirror, which doesn't have quite as nice a shape as the ones I bought, but the price is less than half what I paid. This one doesn't specify what it's made of, but similar shaped and priced mirrors do say they are just chrome plated plastic.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-4...19.m1438.l2649

3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Tom,
      Is there an OLD CHEEP house nearby to store ALL the stuff you buy?---Heard of a program, "THE HOARDERS"????---LOL
      Love you, Bro Tom

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• H. L. Chauvin
        Modifying 1930 Town Sedan Rear View Mirror
        by H. L. Chauvin
        This may or may not help someone who would prefer to feel safer while having Model A rear view mirrors & peep mirrors where one can see "everything" like that of a riding in a new, modern car.

Anyway, FWIW: Ever since I had my 1930 TS I have noticed two (2) important Life Safety things while traveling in slow moving or fast moving heavy multi-lane traffic.

A....
        06-24-2018, 03:30 PM
      • Barber31
        My under $4 side view mirrors !
        by Barber31
        I found these at Walmart and I just had to give them a try. My gen is down right now so I have not tested them yet but I'm sure even though they are super small I'm sure they are a tad better than no mirror at all.

08-09-2017, 12:01 AM
      • H. L. Chauvin
        Six-Inch (6") Diameter Convex Model A Door Mounted L & R Mirrors
        by H. L. Chauvin
        A. Because of our today's, 2018 modern style, weaving in-and-out fast traffic, texting and phoning while driving, following too closely, etc., just for highway's safety's sake in heavy traffic in urban areas, I just decided "try" to install larger diameter "Convex" L & R door clip mounted mirrors on my 1930 Town Sedan to provide more wide angle rear viewing.

04-23-2018, 01:36 AM
      • Mitch
        Branson barn find startup
        by Mitch
        This is a contest that the MO club does to see how long it takes to start a Model A up from moth balls. This years start up took place right out in front of the host hotel. I will be posting a series of short videos and pics.
        The star of the show is our own Larry Shepard.. Larrys40 on the VFF

Larry and crew did a great job waking this car up from 50 years of sleep

On...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 10 photos.
        06-29-2018, 02:13 PM
      • CarlG
        For Tom Wessenberg
        by CarlG
        1929 Studebaker House Car

11-02-2017, 01:44 PM
      • Nabco
        Brush on Chrome Paint
        by Nabco
        Have you guys seen this stuff....looks pretty interesting......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=GY0iNcApC8s

12-04-2017, 07:48 PM
      • Jeff/Illinois
        A Model A-merican girl
        by Jeff/Illinois
        Oldy but a goodie!!

Courtesy of Model A Times,, thanks John!! You never would have looked at Granny this way!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7KYRvDl7TM

02-21-2018, 07:51 PM
      • BNCHIEF
        Hinge pin mirror issues
        by BNCHIEF
        I have hinge pin mirrors on my 30 tudor, the gap between the hinge and the mirror is probably 1/4" when i screw the set screw in it almost threads completely thru the mirror, I shimmed up the gap with a piecece of aluminum strap wrapped in black duct tape to prevent marring but this does not hold the mirror in place . Any suggestions?
        09-05-2017, 06:04 AM
      • Tod Buttermore
        Tod Buttermore’s new Model A engine videos and more
        by Tod Buttermore
        New Model A Engine Pour

Here is one of the first pour and basic machining.

Tod...
        05-28-2018, 09:19 AM
      • wrndln
        Unknown outside mirror brackets
        by wrndln
        I bought a box of mirror stuff to get a couple original open car mirror brackets (type H in the JS's). There were some other brackets I don't know what they are for. I posted one bracket a few days ago that was tentatively identified as a 30/31 truck/pickup outside bracket. I am posting picture of the 4 brackets I need IDed - 2 pictures of each. I would appreciate any help IDing any of the brackets...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 8 photos.
        10-23-2018, 01:06 PM
      Working...
      X