Sandblasting Away Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandblasting Away Details

In the past I've read some people have concerns about sandblasting taking away fine details, such as machine marks left by stamping and pressing parts into shape. I've just never seen any reason to worry, as the blasting quickly removes paint and rust without hurting fine details. If the rust is deep and pitted or flaking, the details have already been removed by rust. Here's 3 pictures showing the battery hold down for my Studebaker. I should have taken a before picture, but it would have been the same as the first picture, except for showing some original paint and some rust.

After blasting the metal clean I give it a quick light brush on the wire wheel. This removes the dull grey look. The second picture shows where the wire wheel can't reach in the corner, so I'll have to use a small wire brush.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

I guess it also makes a difference of how aggressive the media is that's being used
    3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
    Henry Ford said,
    "It's all nuts and bolts"
    "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

widgetinstance 451 (<center>Related Topics</center>) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X