• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37 years since engine start and she worked

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/us/voy..._readmore_pool

Related Topics

Collapse

• Apple Green Wheels Rule
    Sarah doesn't like protection!!!!!!!!!!!!
    by Apple Green Wheels Rule
    Sarah runs w/o engines pans now but to protect her from unwanted objects entering her through the carb, I put on a Hi-Boy this morning. She runs with Zeny. She didn't put up much a fuss as I put it on her and afterwards we took a drive. More silent now from hearing the sucking noise coming from Zeny. We drove out the usual mileage, she ran fine, no spits or spats. Got back home and took a look under...
    04-17-2018, 02:47 PM
  • Mitch
    A Happy Ending!
    by Mitch
    Winnipeg woman wins appeal to keep Model A planter in her yard

Liz Kitzul has won an appeal to keep her grandfather's 1928 Model A Ford in her backyard.

A Winnipeg woman can keep the treasured remnants of her grandfather's 1928 Model A Ford, which she has converted into a planter in her back yard.

Liz Kitzul, known in the local car culture as "Hot Rod Liz"...
    10-28-2017, 09:24 PM
  • 2manycars
    Engine refresh
    by 2manycars
    I have been working on my engine in the 29 tudor. It is back in now, and almost done. After fixing the radiator, It should run.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 7 photos.
    04-23-2018, 04:02 PM
  • Apple Green Wheels Rule
    Better than ever before.............
    by Apple Green Wheels Rule
    Sarah is running now like she's never before. So much more power. Before she took hills but not like she's doing now. I accelerate at the bottom of a steep hill and she takes off. I have to watch my speedo to hold her back. She staying cool even in this heat I have and...……..she hasn't used a thimble of coolant and no foam/froth/bubbles. I might get to enjoy her now and...
    07-12-2018, 08:32 PM
  • pooch
    English Ford Pilot engine
    by pooch
    gday, I am curious as to when the Poms started building the 21 stud engine and a few details .

I know they never changed to 24 stud , and had a lot of surplus engines over at war's end, so they designed a car to use the engine, which became the pilot, a car that in size and shape very similar to a 36 USA Ford sedan .

The only difference in the engine casting that i can readily...
    09-16-2018, 06:50 PM
  • Bill G
    Enjoying my new hobby
    by Bill G
    Greetings: I have only posted one or two times here, but I have been lurking for some time. I find that there is a wealth of information here and Lord knows, I have a lot to learn in the process of working on "Minnie" (Named after my wife's late aunt Minnie). I have enjoyed the help and encouragement of the local club. Already I have put in a new clutch and a rebuilt engine and new brakes...
    02-20-2018, 09:42 PM
  • Patrick
    Went to wake the old girl up
    by Patrick
    this week from her long winters nap. She started right up but wasn't charging.
    Gave the cutout a few taps, nothing. Closest other thing was a pair of pliers [ why are pliers called a pair ?] , opened them up to jump across the terminals, zap, and its charging. I'm a bit surprised that happened just sitting for one winter. Maybe she is just letting me know she doesn't want to get left behind...
    05-18-2018, 06:37 AM
Working...
X