Help id this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help id this!

I am cleaning out my fathers estate and found this in the basement... anyone know what it is? There is a Ford logo under the crank but I didn't get it in the picture.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Looks to me like someones rope winder, possibly a hand winch for an anchor, want it up in a hurry, place trans in 3rd gear!
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Welcome to the Forum

That is a transmission FYI, and sure is neat and very different. I agree with Wiz that It is used for winding something up.
      I'm sure others will chime in
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
        BILL WILLIAMSON commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a replacement for a BROKEN Garage Door Opener-----

I'd guess the clutch disc is to be used as a brake, but I don't see anything to press against it. The spool supports don't look heavy enough for it to be used as a hand winch on a wrecker, so the only thing I can think of is maybe it was used to lift up the large door in the top end of the barn, where hay was loaded.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• andrewbeaty
        Fender Identification
        by andrewbeaty
        Hi all. New to the forum. I ended up with this fender, and I don't need it or want it, but I don't know what vehicle it goes to. It looks similar to the Model T and A. I want to get rid of it, but I'd hate to throw it away if someone could use it. Could any of you help me identify this or find a home. If you don't think its in good enough shape to reuse I will just get rid of it. Thanks for the h...
        03-05-2018, 02:57 PM
      • DaWizard
        Shifter stick shudder.
        by DaWizard
        Hey, leave it to me to come up with something I haven't experienced before. Today while on my way to service two other Model As my tranny started to make some strange noise in 3rd and the shifter jumped around like a jumping bean.

Made it home, pull shifter tower, everything looks to be in usable shape for 90 years old. It didn't jump out of gear, shifted like always, but shuddered. Now,
        07-06-2018, 01:51 PM
      • pAAt
        Multi clutch Trans
        by pAAt
        Picked up a complete multi trans from flywheel to u-joint and all looks great except for the ring gear. I'm sure that's why they pulled it and lucky for me. The ring gear might be able to be flipped (worn about half way through), but I'll replace it. Anyone know if they're all the same as a single disc flywheel ? I found out today they are the same ring gear. I was told the clutch pack looks very...
        This gallery has 5 photos.
        04-27-2018, 03:42 PM
      • Dano
        Help identify
        by Dano
        Hi guys, My first time here. I found this rusty old car on my property in Maine, can't figure out what it is, my brother knows more than I do, says it's maybe a 1935 Ford, can't tell if it is a car or truck, no marques logos etc. Has a large boulder on the hood, so I can't move it. Just curious if anyone can identify it, it will not likely ever be moved....
        This gallery has 4 photos.
        08-06-2018, 01:17 PM
      • DaWizard
        Float-a-Motor
        by DaWizard
        Original Thread

Hey Bill, you awake yet?

I am wondering, yesterday I installed the FaM from Bratton's, the ductile steel one, and noticed that the far rear mount has an barely interference fit to the cross member.

Dig into your FaM memory and tell me about how much weight, if any, should be on the cross member?

I have the ability to
        10-15-2017, 10:10 AM
      • Roadster Rich
        Stuck Clutch
        by Roadster Rich
        My car is now in Venice Florida since last summer. I last drove it in September and had a pretty bad leaking water pump. So I repaired that and just went to go for a ride. Started up like a champ, but the clutch is stuck and pushing in the pedal does nothing. I am right on the gulf and in a garage that is not dehumidified so I suspect it is corrosion causing this.

I seem to have heard...
        02-19-2018, 04:37 PM
      • Alfred
        Parts identification
        by Alfred
        I recently acquired a bunch of old Ford parts. I can't find these in my catalogues. Can anyone help me identify?
        This gallery has 4 photos.
        04-11-2018, 03:09 PM
      • DaWizard
        Crank journal diameter
        by DaWizard
        Well, I guess this could be posted in the regular area, but since I didn't really know, I post here.

Anyone know the rear main diameter at stock size?

Seems I remember something about 1.585 but not sure.

TIA
        09-02-2017, 02:41 PM
      • pAAt
        early 28 multi disc clutch package
        by pAAt
        I have the chance to buy this setup and it would have been originally in my truck. Question is, would this be as reliable of a clutch as the newer single disc ? Thanks, Pat...
        This gallery has 3 photos.
        02-28-2018, 10:37 PM
      • That80sGuy
        New Guy... in Georgia
        by That80sGuy
        Greetings!! I am new here...in the process of finalizing the purchase of a 1926 Model T Touring. I have loved these cars all my life and now I am in a position to own one and am pretty excited! Currently I'm reading all the info I can get on care and maintenance as well as places to get parts and repair advice. The car I'm looking at is 100% complete but has not been cranked or driven in about 5yrs....
        10-12-2017, 11:22 AM
      Working...
      X