Another Good Store is Closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Good Store is Closing

There is a very good second hand store across the road from Fleet Farm, 5 miles west of me. I just came from there, and they just announced they are closing, and everything $10 and under is 75% off. I just bought $104 worth of goods for $26, this antique gas iron being one of the items. It only cost me $1.75, and is in great condition. It's supposed to have a small brass hand pump to pump air pressure into the tank, but I have one somewhere for my gas lantern.

The store gets it's merchandise from cleaning out houses, so that's a good deal, as they get paid to clean out the house, then get paid again when they sell it. Sure hate to see them close, as they always had the best prices, and I could find a lot of old American made tools. Today I bought some Thorson hand wrenches for 25 cents each.

Iron Gas.JPG

It’s hard to see business like this dry up and blow away.... We have a couple of “thrift” stores in Kenyon that we try to frequent. We also donate useable items to them in order to help them out a bit.
    Regards - Randy
    Randy's Rod Shop
    1933 Ford Tudor "Bugsy"

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tom Wesenberg
      Warning for Storing or Carrying Spare Gas
      by Tom Wesenberg
      I always try to only buy the better gas without corn crap for use in my antique cars and small engines, but even the better gas has a very different vapor pressure than the good gas we bought in the 60's and 70's. Here is a 2 1/2 gallon plastic gas container, which is half full with 2 cycle mix for some of my small engines. Yesterday I had to move the jug to the shade, as I was afraid of getting too...
      08-03-2017, 01:20 PM
    • tbirdtbird
      Cooling System Information
      by tbirdtbird
      One method to clean a water jacket

The pix are self explanatory. Be very careful working with lye, keep it off your skin and eyes. I bolt the adapter I made to the inlet with a copper gasket. I carefully fill the water jacket to about an inch from the top with a strong lye solution. The lye gives off lots of heat when mixed, use cold water and mix it up little by little. Let it...
      07-11-2017, 11:33 AM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      A Slight Delay in Making New Voltage Regulators
      by Tom Wesenberg
      When I started making voltage regulators years ago, I bought my transistors from the local electronics surplus store. I bought all 15 Motorola transistors that they had, and they worked fine. I then found a guy on ebay that had a box of 200 ON brand, so I bought his, and they worked fine. Now I'm down to just a few left, and I couldn't find the ones I wanted from an American supplier, so I ordered...
      09-11-2018, 05:35 AM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      Curbside Alert Free Solvent Tank
      by Tom Wesenberg
      I've had good luck with free neighbor's curbside stuff lately. A couple months ago I got the free like new air compressor because the belt slipped off the pulley. Yesterday my other neighbor set out a free heavy duty solvent tank and very heavy duty work table. I don't know what was mounted on the work table, but it weighs about 200 pounds with 3/4" steel plate on the bottom, and it was all I...
      07-05-2017, 11:59 AM
    • sphanna
      Bad Chinese Thermostats vs Good made in Israel thermostat
      by sphanna
      i went to NAPA and purchased a Stant 180* thermostat. Got home and tested it before installation. It would not open even in boiling water. Took it back and noticed it was made in China. Got my money back and said I wanted one made in US and was told that no-one made them in us anymore. All from China. I said, I'll check somewhere else. I went to OReilly's and found a (Murray Plus + # 3838 ) 180* Thermostat...
      10-12-2017, 11:13 PM
    • MontanaRed
      Took the Carb off today!
      by MontanaRed
      Need some opinions, Took my carb off today and this is what I found under the bowl, bowl doesn't have any holes in it and all the valves seem in good working order but that rust corrosion is pretty bad, also there is a small hole at 11oclock on the first picture it appears to be a machined hole, is it suppose to be there? Float has some dents in it also. Soaking it in evapo-rust overnight now. So...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 3 photos.
      10-12-2018, 05:25 PM
    • DaWizard
      Coolant Filters !
      by DaWizard
      Well folk, seems like my brain is working overtime today, and I have a couple of subjects to broach, least of all is the coolant filters.

http://www.ganofilters.com/

I have had one of these inline before the radiator since I can't remember, and have been cleaning it a minimum of once a week whether it needs it or not, and it seems it always needs it. Well, today I pulled
      08-18-2017, 07:13 PM
    • tbirdtbird
      New tool to some...needle scaler
      by tbirdtbird
      I have been asked about rust removal, short of sandblasting.
      If you have compressed air, a needle scaler can be a very handy rust removal tool, indeed.
      I usually do not suggest Horrible Fright tools (Harbor Freight), because their motto is tools at ridiculous prices, but also ridiculous quality.
      But in the case of a needle scaler, it works

10-29-2018, 07:07 PM
    • Chevmn56
      Model A Busines
      by Chevmn56
      Well just placed another order for Model A Parts with Berts....in talking to the owner about getting some stuff done by him he stated that his shop is booked clear till October and he also had a 1/4 million in engine rebuilds to do.... my order was behind the other 130 orders place Sunday and Monday WOW The A's are popular!!!!!
      05-01-2018, 01:27 PM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      A Doghouse to Store Model A Engines
      by Tom Wesenberg
      I just finished this today. My garage is small and full, and I needed someplace to store my Delco Light Plant and a Model A engine. If I remove the Delco, I think it has enough room for 3 Model A engines. Storing parts under those cheap plastic sheets just doesn't cut it. This is so tight it's even mouse proof, but I may put some mothballs in to keep insects out.

I don't think any community...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 6 photos.
      05-16-2017, 04:39 AM
    Working...
    X