Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goofing around in the desert

Got the F150 a little dirty today...

About 80 miles of desert trails to the top of Montana Mountain and back.
    The obligatory selfie (me and the Warden) and truck on a rock pic.
    To be fair to the others, I ran in 2wd up to the point of going up a 25 degree incline where I selected 4wd to keep from spitting rocks all over my buddy’s Rubicon behind me..

By the time the ride was done, it was getting dark and doggoned hard to see the trail as I was following one of the other guys out. The trail was too narrow in some spots and afraid I got some desert pin-striping - so tomorrow I will wash it all up and get after the scratches with compound and hope for the best..

So - that was my day today...
    Going forward, I’ll probably leave the tougher stuff for the SxS..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Regards - Randy
    Randy's Rod Shop
    1933 Ford Tudor "Bugsy"

Sure looks like a lot of fun and a great place for rattlers !
    Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
      BILL WILLIAMSON commented
      Editing a comment
      There's DESERT in Montana?????

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      I see those scratches in the r/f door

I rented an Xterra once and gave it a good off road beating like that outside of Vegas..

No cleaning necessary
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Love exploring the desert and have found many beautiful spots. Yes and some snakes but we tend to leave them alone....
      Something to look at if you’re interested... pics below are from the link as well..

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/a...ain-loop-trail

This gallery has 2 photos.
      Regards - Randy
      Randy's Rod Shop
      1933 Ford Tudor "Bugsy"

Comment

That's the kind of country I like, no grass to mow, and no leaves to rake, and our antique cars should last a lot longer in the dry climate.

Comment

• Big-Foot
          Big-Foot commented
          Editing a comment
          Lotsa old cars here. Problem is that most people know what they’re worth or THINK they know what they’re worth because they watched some TV show..

Nice Model A country.
        Alaskan A's
        Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
        Model A Ford Club of America
        Model A Restorers Club
        Antique Automobile Club of America
        Mullins Owners Club

Comment

• Big-Foot
          Big-Foot commented
          Editing a comment
          They be out here!

HEY who is the cute couple?
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Big-Foot
          Big-Foot commented
          Editing a comment
          The cute one is the Warden (Darlene).... The homely one would be Big-Foot! ;)

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice picture
          .. Your a lucky guy

• Big-Foot
          Big-Foot commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Mitch... She’s a peach....

It looks a LOT worse than it really is.... Its called Desert PinStripping... The Warden was not pleased but after washing it today 90% of it totally disappeared... A little compound and wax will make it perfect again.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        Regards - Randy
        Randy's Rod Shop
        1933 Ford Tudor "Bugsy"

Comment

If anyone has gone to Aruba and did the other side of the island it's all desert like that. We rented wranglers and tore the crap out of them, barely limped back to the rental spot. ATF was pouring out of the cooler, what a experience that was
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Wow Mitch... Yeah, you definitely want to opt-in on the rental insurance.... Wranglers are generally pretty tough!
            Regards - Randy
            Randy's Rod Shop
            1933 Ford Tudor "Bugsy"

Comment