Loading pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading pictures

When loading pictures an error keeps coming up. File to big 2.3 mb, exceeds .887 kb max. Something like that anyway. What do I need to do to remedy this situation ? Would someone please tell me how to fix this problem ? I could be posting unimportant photos, with a long winded responses, that no one understands. The call is yours !!! Great days ahead for the Model A Thanks, Pat
    Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Pat you need to resize your pictures in an editor. What are you using as an operating system, windows, i-pad ?

3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Mitch, I'm on a 15 year old Mac laptop W/ Safari . Where would I find this editor and would I have to do each pic. separately ? Thanks, Pat P.S.- I let John Duden know of your site a few days ago. Hope he gets on board !!
      Last edited by pAAt; 06-12-2017, 06:35 PM.

I do it the easy way, I just set my camera resolution to medium JPEG, and they load fine on here.
    They also still have enough pixels to make good prints. My camera has 4.1 megapixels.

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tom, I guess I'll give that a try from now on, but I have many pictures to do the other way. I sure can make a lot of work out of nothing !! How's the trimming going ? Pat

I'm not totally sure on a 15 year old apple so try doing a search for a photo editor. Once you have that it's pretty easy and yes probably one at a time
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
      I'm not totally sure on a 15 year old apple so try doing a search for a photo editor. Once you have that it's pretty easy and yes probably one at a time
      You do not need added software.
      Apple already includes everything you need.
      So as to not ruin the large original, make a copy by File>Duplicate>Save.
      Then double click the copy to open in Preview.
      Then go to Tools>Adjust Size and select 800px wide or smaller, and it will be fine for VFF.
      That is what I have done for all the pics I recently posted here.

Comment

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Vince ! Nice to have you back, even though I didn't really have enough time to get to know you last time. Pat

Thank you Vince and now that you mentioned it, i remember one of my kids mentioning preview which is already installed on apple. I already resized to 1280 x 1280 and they loaded here.
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thank you Vince and now that you mentioned it, i remember one of my kids mentioning preview which is already installed on apple. i already resized to 1280 x 1280 and they loaded here.
        You can also use Preview to rotate, adjust the size, annotate the photo under Tools with text, ovals and rectangles, thought bubbles, speech bubbles, etc. This just a basic mac app on every mac, but it works fine and is quick and easy.

Last edited by ☆Ford Garage☆; 06-12-2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Thank you Vince and now that you mentioned it, i remember one of my kids mentioning preview which is already installed on apple. i already resized to 1280 x 1280 and they loaded here.
          You can also use Preview to rotate, adjust the size, annotate the photo under Tools with text, ovals and rectangles, thought bubbles, speech bubbles, etc. This just a basic mac app on every mac, but it works fine and is quick and easy.

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice
            I hope you have that hanging up at your job. I think they were afraid to call Mitch lol
        widgetinstance 451 (<center>Related Topics</center>) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X