Handy Type of Strap Wrench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handy Type of Strap Wrench

Sometimes a strap wrench handle is in the way, and this style could work much better. The other day I had to remove round pedals from a Studebaker, and had to make a homemade tool to get the job done. This strap wrench would have worked much faster and easier.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BikeMaster-...5aAoes&vxp=mtr

I have a few of those straps in different sizes, and it's certainly a handy tool to have around for many uses. The big chain wrench is useful for grabbing exhaust pipes and things like that.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Here's a picture, just in case the ebay link does away. I hope the 1/2" refers to the socket size, and not the strap width. They don't say a thing about that in the description, and many ebay sellers are real sneaking in their wording in trying to fool a buyer.

Strap Wrench.jpg

Comment

• CarlG
        CarlG commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw that there were several listings for these, with prices all over the board.

My strap wrench just came in today's mail, and it looks well made. It takes a 1/2" ratchet or breaker bar, an has a 1" wide thick nylon strap that will circle an object up to about 6". This should work well, and I'll try it out on some clutch and brake pedals that screw into the arms on a Studebaker.

Comment

Looks good! I have the chain and rubber ones. Not used often, but when needed - nothing else will do the job...
        Regards - Randy
        Randy's Rod Shop
        1933 Ford Tudor "Bugsy"

Comment

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the chain style also, along with strappies

i posted my chain tool in the tool tidbit thread

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ayyy
        Do You Recognize This Vintage Tee Hex Wrench
        by Ayyy
        I was cleaning some parts with oxalic acid and I threw in a rusty clump that resembled a tool...and this came out the other end.
        Has no writing or identification on it.
        Is this for a 'T', or an 'A', or none of the above?
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 5 photos.
        05-08-2018, 07:57 PM
      • 29er
        Snap-On Offset Head Nut Wrench
        by 29er
        What's the difference between the S-8663-A wrench and the S-8663-B?

Thanks!
        Mike in Orygun
        11-16-2017, 11:04 PM
      • Ayyy
        Break Out The Vintage Brake Wrenches For Your Model A / AA / B / BB
        by Ayyy
        Hey you vintage car guys, working on your vintage cars, fixing those vintage brakes, with your re-pop tools. Say What?!

If you've moved past the point of adjusting your Ford Model A / AA / B / BB / early V-8 mechanical brakes with a generic adjustable wrench, then you're ready to start working like a real 'Mechanic'. No, I'm not talking about the new re-pop brake wrenches available at...
        This gallery has 4 photos.
        07-01-2018, 07:49 PM
      • Hoogah
        Is this a Model A spark plug/cylinder head nut wrench?
        by Hoogah
        Seller has labelled this as T, A or Early V8. The photos are all I have to go on - no measurements.
        This gallery has 7 photos.
        10-19-2018, 07:57 AM
      • Ayyy
        I Got This Blackhawk Ford Brake Wrench Today...I Love Quality Old Tools!
        by Ayyy
        I got this Blackhawk Ford brake wrench today. The first thing I did was a test fit. Wow, it's no wonder why Blackhawk has such a good reputation.

I found out that it dates to the early 1930's. The only thing better than a quality tool, is a vintage quality tool.

Now to just clean it a bit......
        This gallery has 5 photos.
        04-16-2018, 08:01 PM
      Working...
      X