Steering Column Flashlight and Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Column Flashlight and Holder

Remember these from the old days. This is a new repro, but looks good and is priced right.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-sty...dVP~Fw&vxp=mtr

How about this https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-sty...9517?_trkparms

Comment

Chief: I have one of those in my pickup.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Alaskan A's
      Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
      Model A Ford Club of America
      Model A Restorers Club
      Antique Automobile Club of America
      Mullins Owners Club

Comment

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        Do they work good and how is yours mounted?

• CarlG
        CarlG commented
        Editing a comment
        It works great. If you look at the picture lower left you can see an angle bracket. I just removed one of the windshield frame screws and screwed it back in. The prism thingy has a stud sticking out that I mounted in the hole on the other leg of the angle bracket.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tom Wesenberg
      Factory Marking on Steering Column
      by Tom Wesenberg
      Yesterday was our club's spring tune up clinic, and one job was to pull the head on this very nice 1929 Tudor. The date code on the gas tank is 8-4-29. I noticed this marking on the bottom of the steering column. I don't recall ever seeing any markings on the steering column before.

05-12-2019, 03:45 PM
    • wrndln
      Spark and gas steering column alignment
      by wrndln
      I am rebuilding a 7 tooth steering column for my 29 phaeton that I am restoring. I don't know what the correct name of the steering column part that has the grooves the spark and gas rods rest on (see picture below). Whatever it is called, I had to replace it as the original one was in bad condition. Now the problem. I have a good original replacement part, but the holes in the replacement bracket...
      03-28-2020, 06:26 PM
    • dronen5
      1947 ford pickup steering
      by dronen5
      Have play in steering while driving, everything seems to be tight as far as kingpin and tie rod. The top of steering box does not have a screw in nut to adjust. How do you tighten steering box?
      07-07-2019, 10:12 PM
    • Steve Plucker
      Restoring the EARLY 7-tooth Steering Column...
      by Steve Plucker
      For those of you who have restored the EARLY 7-tooth steering column, what did you do to prevent the column from leaking oil from around the Steering Worm Sector?

How I wish Ford would of put a greese zerk on the early column (but I won't).

Pluck
      03-16-2019, 02:17 PM
    • canadian
      Steering Column
      by canadian
      any info online with regards to Diagnosing/ disassembly/ rebuild of steering column and related parts? have books on order can't wait for Santa. 29 Gemma. 2 tooth I would think.
      12-20-2017, 04:34 PM
    • Bill CNC
      Steering Column Installation Question
      by Bill CNC
      Hey Folk's,

I have a question about the installation of the steering column over the steering shaft, ... Should I add a light smear of grease to the webbing in the upper column bushing or leave it dry?

Regards
      Bill
      10-02-2019, 12:03 PM
    • N97323
      Dash Mounted Steering Wheel Bracket
      by N97323
      When did they start using the dash mounted steering column bracket? Was it by car model or by date?
      12-26-2018, 05:41 PM
    • Big guy
      Steering column support.
      by Big guy
      Please tell me Henry Ford did not Through bolt the interior steering column support into the gas tank. I'm looking at mine and it appears to be stained with gasoline. Even smells a tad like old gas. Can't be a good idea to not address this one.
      06-21-2018, 03:34 PM
    Working...
    X