I Wasn't Allowed to Bid on This NOS Part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Wasn't Allowed to Bid on This NOS Part

I tried to confirm my bid on this part and the screen said the seller isn't accepting my bid.
    I've never had that happen before and don't get it.
    Why would anyone want to turn away bids and loose money?
    I don't remember if I bought from him before, but if I did, I never had a problem and never left bad feedback.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-...vip=true&rt=nc

I know there are certain criteria stipulations that can be set up for a seller but i forget what they all are.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I emailed the seller to ask about it, but never got a reply.

Comment

If it happens again, and you really want the part, you might consider asking a friend or a VFF acquaintance to bid for you. Give him or her a ceiling price.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Art Ebeling
          Auction results
          by Art Ebeling
          I bid on and won three very nice 31, and one 30 radiator shells at an auction in Illinois yesterday. They were sold in pairs and the one I wanted was in the second pair to close. I am keeping the best 31 for my Victoria. I also got a couple of shelves full of tools and tire pumps and some unknown items. It was an online auction and I lost out on a couple of parts before I figured out the bidding process....
          09-06-2018, 06:28 AM
        • Hoogah
          Tillotson carby parts on Ebay - would you bid, sight unseen?
          by Hoogah
          Thinking about whether or not this is a proposition. Any advice?
          https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-A-M...vHqH:rk:1:pf:0
          10-18-2018, 10:12 PM
        • old31
          Pinion puller
          by old31
          Mitch on the dark side you mentioned a Snap On set that you really liked. Do you a have the part number? Or is there a better used kit that I could look for ?
          01-03-2018, 10:21 AM
        • Swastler
          Frazier auction
          by Swastler
          Wow oh wow, what a great auction 10’s of thousands of parts, unbelievable amount of smalls. Two auctioneers going at once was hectic but man were there incredible deals to be had. Won’t say who was big bidder, but damn they had three packed truckloads. Not the best photos, don’t show the quantity well. Gonna be an influx on eBay in the coming weeks....
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.
          03-09-2018, 04:32 PM
        • Ronnie Hill
          Just thought I’d put this out there. Seen on eBay this morning
          by Ronnie Hill
          https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202330870225
          06-04-2018, 10:57 AM
        • Keith True
          Farm auction in central Kansas
          by Keith True
          I was just looking at an A that was sold at a farm auction.Looks to be solid,and mostly straight.Said to run,but still a barn car.It brought $8300.I had seen guys discussing it on other forums,,they were thinking it might fetch $1500.if the auctioneer was lucky.The shocker was the 48 Harley parked next to it.Also a barn bike,but brought $33,750.I was just kind of surprised that things that were not...
          04-16-2018, 05:33 PM
        • Russ Cochiolo
          Re-engined value opinions?
          by Russ Cochiolo
          About 40% of the A's in the Sierra Chapter, Fresno/Clovis CA, of M.A.F.C.A. have had engines replaced with Pintos (and others) to get AC and higher cruising speeds with better fuel mileage. Most of them, if'n you look past the 16's with radials and hydraulic brakes, look "original". Yesterday I looked at a 1930 Blindback that fits this description. Without the modifications it would be...
          05-26-2018, 09:16 AM
        • tbirdtbird
          Selling a car long distance? Worried about money transfer? Advice from my bank......
          by tbirdtbird
          Selling a car long distance? Worried about money transfer?
          Given the high rate of fraudulent financial transactions going on, who wouldn't be.

I am selling a car (thank goodness not an A) to a party in Michigan, and we are in Texas.
          I would always prefer a face-to-face cash-in-hand transaction, but in this case that is not possible. As the seller, I needed to...
          08-18-2017, 12:43 PM
        • Tony Hillyard
          Classic car security
          by Tony Hillyard
          Good evening everyone,

I would like to share with you some of my recent experiences with regard to on-line security. Although the subject of this article was in Europe, I am certain it applies just as well in the US or Australia and New Zealand.

Classic Car Security

When selling a Classic Car, one has to be particularly vigilant.
          05-29-2018, 11:41 AM
        • H. L. Chauvin
          Write something ......
          by H. L. Chauvin
          FWIW: "If" we think about it:

There are instructors and instructors ...... there are teachers and teachers ....... some less effective snob teachers want students to say nothing and just listen to Mr. or Mrs. "Know-it-all" ....... others who are more compassionately concerned , ask students for comments ....... usually the student who is brave enough to ask a question,...
          04-13-2018, 10:17 AM
        Working...
        X