Rainbows in the Clouds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbows in the Clouds

Sunday, as I was driving back from Indiana, I saw something in the sky that I'd never seen before. The sun was far in the west and about an hour before sunset, the sky had a number of scattered clouds, but there was no rain nor snow falling. Two clouds that were just up from the sun, and fairly close to each other, each had a rainbow in them. The two rainbows were only in the white of the cloud and did not extend through the blue sky. By the time I could get my camera out, they were disappearing, so I knew I didn't have time to pull over and take a picture. Too bad, as that could have been a cool picture.

UFO
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

That's not what they call sun dogs, is it Tom. Could be that Indiana water fermenting ;)
      Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

You didn't say where abouts you were, if you was near Shitago, that was pollution rising.
        "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

Originally posted by pAAt View Post
          That's not what they call sun dogs, is it Tom. Could be that Indiana water fermenting ;)
          No, when I lived in South Dakota I saw lots of sun dogs, but this had to be white clouds with just the right amount of moisture and the suns rays hitting them at just the right angle, I guess.
          I think this was while I was driving near Michigan City, Indiana.

Comment

• pAAt
            pAAt commented
            Editing a comment
            Tom, that try-plane picture and he paided for the co-pilot ticket ? I can't afford for you to ever come back down here !! I'll be up as soon as I can possibly afford it !! Pat

Related Topics

Collapse

• Keith True
          Old keychain picture viewers
          by Keith True
          In the 70's we used to have vendors set up at car shows that would take a picture of your car,and set it in a little peep sight.I have one used as a key chain in my 35,and would like to have them made for my A's.I don't know how to go about finding who,if anybody still does it,because I really don't know what they are called.
          06-09-2019, 06:30 PM
        • Hoogah
          Model A farming plant - is there anything like this?
          by Hoogah
          Over the past couple of weeks, I've been involved in preparations for a clearing sale on a farm that belonged to two bachelor brothers. The last of the brothers passed away about 18 months ago. Both were well into their 80s when they died. What is unique about these blokes is that they farmed in some kind of time warp for almost all of their lives.
          • Their daily transport ("going to town"
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 10 photos.
          01-19-2019, 06:55 AM
        • Rowdy
          I Have Never Seen This Happen Before
          by Rowdy
          While Getting these front backing plates packaged for dmdeaton I noticed a rattling noise. I had noticed that the adjusters were gone and the adjuster covers were still in place and thought nothing about it other than he would not have to spend time removing rusted adjusters. When I looked in the adjuster holes I found the adjuster wedges were what was rattling. I removed the covers and removed them....
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 4 photos.
          10-20-2017, 08:42 PM
        • Beauford
          Pickers
          by Beauford
          Great new American Pickers episode last night. I'm sure some of you older guys will know the mans estate they are picking for Model A's....
          01-30-2018, 06:33 AM
        • Mitch
          Then and Now
          by Mitch
          This was in the Sis-Q A’s newsletter. I thought it was worth sharing

03-27-2019, 11:14 PM
        • Jeff/Illinois
          Ford Model A assembly line
          by Jeff/Illinois
          Nothing new, most of you have seen this before, but it is still fun to watch! Ford was good about documenting and filming their operations we're glad today that they did.

That guy on the main line connecting the engine to the drivetrain must have been the Main Man he appears in still photos a lot too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw4UcBtEbjo
          08-09-2018, 03:18 PM
        • Ray Horton
          Have you ever been stopped by a cop?
          by Ray Horton
          Beauford's post about his two mile drive for a Coke got me thinking about the times I've been stopped by a cop while I was driving my A. It might be entertaining, if not informative, to share some stories. One of my memorable stops was coming home about 9:00 pm on a dark country road with my 3-month old daughter asleep in the back seat (no carrier, it was 1970). First the county deputy wanted to tell...
          01-06-2018, 09:39 PM
        • Ray Horton
          Anyone else seen one of these?
          by Ray Horton
          I am the second owner of my 29 Tudor, which I bought in 1961. The item pictured was attached to the molding on the front windows, one on each side. The tab is about 1-1/8”; the roller part stands up at about 1”.

Over the ensuing years, I lost one, but still have this one. I removed both some time in the distant past. I have never seen any others on any Model A’s, so I suspect it...
          05-09-2018, 12:52 PM
        Working...
        X