Ford proves their stupidity once again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford proves their stupidity once again

And I'm a big fan of Ford but what the heck??? They make an office furniture builder CEO, and right off the bat he basically plans to scrap cars and have only trucks-SUV's and crossovers. That's not good. If gasoline spikes back up to 4 bucks a gallon they will be eating those vehicles and won't have any thing to sell that people want. Hackett claimed that Ford doesn't put much research money into cars anyway so why not? That is a good sign for people who were thinking of buying a Ford car. What happened to concentrate on QUALITY and the rest will take care of itself? Things have sure changed since Henry Ford was the President.

Jacques Nasser was a complete idiot, almost bankrupted Ford in the 1990's. Concentrated on building junk and buying up fledgling car companies. Only thing that saved them this last time around was Alan Mullally. If it hadn't been for him they would be toast by now.

Ford never seems to learn. Poor management brings you down every time. Hackett is only there for one reason and one reason only, to ramp up stock value at any cost. Ford hovers around 13-15 bucks while GM is 40 plus dollars and Toyota runs about $122 per share. That tells you something.

Ford dumped the Ranger pickup, Crown Vic, and gave their minivan market share to Toyota-Honda-Chrsyler I see tons of them running around. Stupid. Pure stupid.

Ford will be the next 'orphan' car behind Pontiac-Oldsmobile-Studebaker-AMC-Packard and on and on.

It was a fun ride but I see the end of the road coming.

Funny that you bring this up now, because just yesterday I was thinking how much nicer it was driving in the 60's when everyone drove a car, and the only pickup trucks you saw were owned by farmers or construction people. Everyone seems to be used to high priced gas, and no longer cares about getting the best fuel mileage possible. Now they drive big vehicles, tailgate and speed.

Comment

Yes they do Tom, you are correct. It's everywhere.

In 1967 my father-in-law bought a very nice Chevy Impala with a 327 that served him well. Pretty car, it was that medium to dark blue they had that year. Owning a farm and being a fitter by trade,he also wanted a pickup truck and went and bought a new Ford F-100 with a 240 six cylinder engine and a four speed. It was bare bones but was a great truck he had it many for years. Pop bought a new '59 F-100 and also a new '60 F-100 for one of the businesses he ran. My point in this is that I recall both of them telling me in the 60's, a TRUCK was just that it was cheap transportation and not every one had them like today.

Ford announced their first over $100,000 new pickup a couple weeks ago. It's a TRUCK people. They used to be cheap transportation, not any more!

Marketing. Ya gotta hate it!

Comment

I had a 53 Ford pickup in the late 70s. Bare bones was right. I think it had 3 knobs on the dash: lights, heater and choke. Rubber mats and a bench seat. No air ride, leather buckets, a/c, electric Windows or stereophonic blue tooth sound system. But it ran like a top in all kinds of conditions.

Come me to think of it, driving that wasn't that different than driving a Model A!

Comment

Ford's new 100,000 F-450 that massages your back, should be a huge seller

http://bgr.com/2017/09/28/ford-f-450...luxury-pickup/
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said
          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• BNCHIEF
            BNCHIEF commented
            Editing a comment
            I would buy a cheaper truck and drive it to the massage parlor.

Oh, I want the new Lincoln seat, 36 different adjustments!! They need a separate computer just to handle all the settings on that one!!
          You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

• CarlG
            CarlG commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm surprised that Ford didn't put that one out under the Lincoln badge.

• Jeff/Illinois
            Jeff/Illinois commented
            Editing a comment
            And if you're like me, once you set the seat adjustment it ain't goin' anywhere!

Just learned thru a Ford Corporate website that the plan to scrap 5 car models seems to be on hold. Must have been Hackett talking out his butt. They still need to trash can this guy............

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Steve Plucker
            "I was told once that..." stories...
            by Steve Plucker
            How many of you at one time or the other over the years heard something about the Model A/AA Ford that you had a hard time beleiving if it were true or not.

Here is my story...I was told once that before the Ford Runtunda fire of what year I forget, that there were many Ford archives and Ford data that were lost due to the fire.

One of the items that was lost were all the...
            08-29-2018, 11:53 PM
          • Jeff/Illinois
            American Icon: How Alan Mullaly Saved the Ford Motor Company
            by Jeff/Illinois
            This is a good book for all you Ford fans if you are looking to pass some winter weather time indoors. Some neat points they make in the book, in relation to Model A Fords, was the story of 'how' the Model A came about (we've all heard it still interesting) but also later Alan Mullaly makes reference to how they pulled Ford out of the brink of disaster after he took over in Sept. 2006, akin to what...
            01-30-2018, 05:52 PM
          • Paul
            Every Full Sized Ford After The Model T
            by Paul
            An interesting read. Click on "Every Full Sized Ford After The Model T" and not on the https address.
            We are told the story over and over again in school: Henry Ford’s use of assembly line methods allowed his Model T to be affordable to ordinary people. Those who are a little car savvy know that 15 million Model Ts were sold, a record not broken until...
            01-03-2019, 04:34 PM
          • Rob Patterson
            Ford Market Share. Pre T
            by Rob Patterson
            Hi,
            Recently I heard that Ford were already market leaders prior to the Model T.
            Is this so?
            If so, could you point me in the direction of where I can find the figures please?
            Thanks,
            Rob
            12-10-2018, 04:20 PM
          • L Jones
            Ford script on tailgate
            by L Jones
            Did Ford paint the raised Ford script on the pickup tailgates at the factory, if they did what color did they use.
            03-13-2019, 10:19 AM
          • plyfor
            The Henry Ford and Greenfield Village
            by plyfor
            Just got back from 1st trip to the Dearborn attractions. Interesting to see Model T tourings in action . The Model AA's and pickup trucks equipped with Nurex 6 volt alternators and no air cleaners are used for administrative and maintenance duties....
            10-03-2018, 10:13 AM
          • Jeff/Illinois
            Ford Model A assembly line
            by Jeff/Illinois
            Nothing new, most of you have seen this before, but it is still fun to watch! Ford was good about documenting and filming their operations we're glad today that they did.

That guy on the main line connecting the engine to the drivetrain must have been the Main Man he appears in still photos a lot too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw4UcBtEbjo
            08-09-2018, 03:18 PM
          • Hoogah
            Model A farming plant - is there anything like this?
            by Hoogah
            Over the past couple of weeks, I've been involved in preparations for a clearing sale on a farm that belonged to two bachelor brothers. The last of the brothers passed away about 18 months ago. Both were well into their 80s when they died. What is unique about these blokes is that they farmed in some kind of time warp for almost all of their lives.
            • Their daily transport ("going to town"
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 10 photos.
            01-19-2019, 06:55 AM
          • Jim Mason
            Ford videos
            by Jim Mason
            Mitch posted a link to the Ford factory videos. the one titled 'Ford river rouge plant 1928 and beyond' shows at the 20second to 40second mark the pedestrian overpass where the battle of the overpass occurred. Walter ruether and others got beat up pretty bad by Ford security.
            https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Overpass
            01-16-2019, 10:36 PM
          • Denis4x4
            Official Ford Model A film
            by Denis4x4
            Watched a two hour DVD that combined several Ford films on the introduction of the Model A and how it was built. However, the real interesting segment was on the dealership, service and financing. We all know that Ford controlled everything from raw materials to the final product. What was news to me was the financing and insurance that Ford provided to buyers through the dealership. While today's...
            10-14-2017, 05:59 PM
          Working...
          X