Build a Picnic Table or Work Bench for Only $5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build a Picnic Table or Work Bench for Only $5

About 5 years ago my neighbor gave me his dad's old picnic table top, which he had laying in the dirt behind his garage. It looked good enough to save and put back to use, if I made some legs for it. My friend found a nice pair of heavy duty steel legs at a garage sale for $5. They look like they may have come from a high school shop class work bench, as many schools have dropped shop classes. I got some free paint from the local recycling center, and had a piece of 3/4 plywood left over from a pile I bought about 10 years ago, which came from an ice skating rink. So now I have a nice heavy duty work bench or picnic table for only $5.

001.JPG

Found an abandoned edger, with a broken starter rope, behind Baskin-Robbins. A quick piece of clothesline rope & gave it to Kyle & John
    Bill Funtogive

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tom Wesenberg
      Curbside Alert Free Solvent Tank
      by Tom Wesenberg
      I've had good luck with free neighbor's curbside stuff lately. A couple months ago I got the free like new air compressor because the belt slipped off the pulley. Yesterday my other neighbor set out a free heavy duty solvent tank and very heavy duty work table. I don't know what was mounted on the work table, but it weighs about 200 pounds with 3/4" steel plate on the bottom, and it was all I...
      07-05-2017, 11:59 AM
    • sunnyorm
      The End of the Trail ??
      by sunnyorm
      Alright, here's a story from a few days ago in my town: i went to a garage sale, and the guy had a large assortment of tools, so i was paying for the tools i bought, and we get to chewing the fat, so i mention my Model A, so he says he recently lost a friend was 97 years old, and used to work on Model As, until his passing. So the guy i bought the tools from gives me an account of this 97 year old,...
      05-18-2018, 02:25 PM
    • RockHillWill
      Ambitious Model A restoration Project
      by RockHillWill
      Several of you folks that attended the Model A gathering at Brents earlier this year will remember meeting my friend Jimmy Matthews and his son Chris. They spent some time dis-assembling a transmission and attending all the seminars that were available. Jimmy and I became friends thru the Redneck Roundup metal shaping events that I hold annually in my shop here in Rock Hill. He found out that I had...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 11 photos.
      07-07-2018, 05:08 PM
    • Hoogah
      Model A farming plant - is there anything like this?
      by Hoogah
      Over the past couple of weeks, I've been involved in preparations for a clearing sale on a farm that belonged to two bachelor brothers. The last of the brothers passed away about 18 months ago. Both were well into their 80s when they died. What is unique about these blokes is that they farmed in some kind of time warp for almost all of their lives.
      • Their daily transport ("going to town"
      This gallery has 10 photos.
      01-19-2019, 06:55 AM
    • BillLee/Chandler, TX
      Who does their own ....
      by BillLee/Chandler, TX
      As some may recall, I brought a '29 gas tank to Brent's party back in April. It is now being painted.

I say "being" since I simply don't trust my own abilities to lay down a decent finish coat of paint. So I took it to a local paint and body shop for them to spray for me. Yes, I know I need to develop my own skills, but since I am not restoring a car (don't have something to...
      09-08-2018, 08:13 AM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      A Doghouse to Store Model A Engines
      by Tom Wesenberg
      I just finished this today. My garage is small and full, and I needed someplace to store my Delco Light Plant and a Model A engine. If I remove the Delco, I think it has enough room for 3 Model A engines. Storing parts under those cheap plastic sheets just doesn't cut it. This is so tight it's even mouse proof, but I may put some mothballs in to keep insects out.

I don't think any community...
      This gallery has 6 photos.
      05-16-2017, 04:39 AM
    Working...
    X