Case 1845c starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case 1845c starter

Finally fixed my Case 1845c starter problem (days of turmoil) by going to my starter/ electrical guru. 3 dollar part and she spins like new. Pic shows solenoid plunger and contacts. All I needed was one terminal contact (brass piece left or right of plunger) and 5 minutes to replace. If your starter clicks once, on engagement, this could be the problem or multiple clicks could be your switch. Trying to save someone some grief and tons of money, Pat
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Model A's and of course the famous AA's

On the old GM starter solenoids it was possible to flip the large copper washer and turn the studs half way around to give new contact surface.

I did several back in the 60's and 70's.

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish you lived closer Tom, we could have fixed my problem sooner and then went fishing !! I need to take you to my "guru" someday, it's been a family business down here for generations. The old guys are gone, but the son of one continues the operation with a lot of wisdom from his elders. Their shop is like an old hardware store and he knows where every little part is. Great days to you, Pat

• George Miller
      George Miller commented
      Editing a comment
      I use to do that also, works just fine.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Bobm90
    Auxiliary Start Button Installation
    by Bobm90
    Replacing the floor mounted starter rod with a
    dash mounted starter push button

Whatever reason you want to alter your stock vehicle is your own, mine was out of necessity . I had to do a lot of trial and error to accomplish it the correct way and couldn't find any easy to follow instructions on the matter so I decided to write up...
    04-25-2018, 04:13 PM
  • Calistri
    ford model A starter pushrod
    by Calistri
    Has anyone replaced the ford model A starter push rod with button - the peddle is stuck. So why would I replace the rod, when I could replace the rod with a switch? Has anyone tried this?...
    10-23-2017, 05:47 PM
  • Captndan
    Remote starter
    by Captndan
    Where can you buy or make a remote starter for 6v? All the ones I find are too small wire without a solenoid.
    07-19-2018, 10:07 AM
  • Jm29henry
    Starter seems to be hanging up ?
    by Jm29henry
    i have installed this starter on my car about four years ago last Saturday I went out for a drive she ran started an ran fantastic .Before returning home I decided to fill up with gas,when I started the starter started the car and then made a weird grinding noise I sounded to me like the starter spring did not fully return and was hanging up .When I got home I look at the starter rod was moving freely...
    08-18-2017, 07:36 PM
  • Beauford
    Starter stranded me...
    by Beauford
    Went to feed store and recently had problems with the starter doing nothing. I thought maybe the switch was bad so put a new one on with the little cardboard doohickie under it and installed fuse. Ran and started good today twice. Leaving the feed store I step on starter and nothing. Waited a moment and tried again, nothing. Open hood and starter was smoking. Texted mitch as it was not 3am and he...
    04-25-2019, 04:21 PM
  • Chuck Sea/Tac
    Starter painting
    by Chuck Sea/Tac
    was the starter assembled before painting? For example if the windings were in, then the screws on the outside of the case, that hold them, would be painted as well.
    01-15-2019, 08:35 PM
  • ClaudeC
    model A starter vs model B starter
    by ClaudeC
    Is a starter for a model B engine the same as for a model A
    07-22-2018, 04:38 PM
  • Bobm90
    Solenoid Chatter
    by Bobm90
    Due to mobility problems requiring me to wear braces on both legs I had to modify my 1930 Town Sedan, I want to keep the car as stock as possible but I am determined to drive it ,this requires me to modify it within reason keeping replaced parts so it could be put back to original someday. Because I couldn't depress the starter rod on the floor I removed it along with the starter switch on the top...
    04-19-2018, 09:39 AM
  • Chuck Sea/Tac
    Starter interchange
    by Chuck Sea/Tac
    I evidently have an early starter that has the thin walled bushing on the long shaft. Can that armature be used with the later ends? It appears the id and length are the same, so why not?
    09-16-2018, 04:41 PM
  • ckain16
    Need starter help.
    by ckain16
    1931 with model B engine. starter has locked up in the flywheel. I cannot get it to release. Moved the vehicle forward and backward, wheels just slide. removed starter bolts, no help ? Any advice ?? thanks. [email protected]...
    09-05-2017, 06:34 PM
Working...
X