No announcement yet.

Politics on VFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat, I am sorry if I throw in a political jab now and then. I have only done it a time or two. Sorry if it offends you. I would say more, but it would come off as political and has to do with the First Ammendment in modern times. Rod
    At some point in time standardization was a creative idea.

Comment

Rowdy, I don't mind the political discussions. I've seen first hand how destructive politics can be and I don't know if that's good thing ?? Yes at times things need to be said, but we are in this "government setting" together. We need to get along "somewhat" or it'll crumble around us. Maybe this thread would be the place to post those opinions (Mitch ?) and leave the others" pure as the rain" I highly enjoy this site and don't want to live out another. Wishing you the best in your life Rowdy, as I always have ! Good day all and may your force be with you
      Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

Pat, I no longer read Ahooga because of how much of it is political it is at times. Not that I disagree with what is said, but the amount posted. Rod
        At some point in time standardization was a creative idea.

Comment

Originally posted by pAAt View Post
          Rowdy, I don't mind the political discussions. I've seen first hand how destructive politics can be and I don't know if that's good thing ?? Yes at times things need to be said, but we are in this "government setting" together. We need to get along "somewhat" or it'll crumble around us. Maybe this thread would be the place to post those opinions (Mitch ?) and leave the others" pure as the rain" I highly enjoy this site and don't want to live out another. Wishing you the best in your life Rowdy, as I always have ! Good day all and may your force be with you
          After seeing what goes on in other forums, things can quickly escalate and get nasty, and attract trolls. Feelings get hurt, name calling. This is what Mitch is trying to avoid and is doing a great job on. Perhaps not going there and tempting fate is the best option. Am afraid I may have posted and was heading a string in an inappropriate direction. If so, sorry to all.

Comment

I'm guilty as sin !! It's hard when everything, except love, is political ! I surely love all you guys and have learned how to be a better man, by the folks here Thank you !!!

Comment

Politics are irrelevant here, here enjoying life and each others company and humor is all that matters.

Comment

Again for those that missed this thread. I have been deleting reported posts, and some that I caught. You guys need to know where the border is. I thank those that are helping me to weed these out.
                3 ~ Tudor's
                Henry Ford said
                "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                  Again for those that missed this thread. I have been deleting reported posts, and some that I caught. You guys need to know where the border is. I thank those that are helping me to weed these out.
                  I suspect that those with strong political views and a thin skin are too hasty to reach for the Report button in an attempt to censor any view or fact that they don't agree with. I say they should accept not everybody is like them. It's called freedom of speech and if you don't agree with it, don't but accept it os their right to hold those beliefs. Who was it said "I may not agree with your beliefs but I will defend to the death your right to hold them" or similar? Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Greynomad View Post

I suspect that those with strong political views and a thin skin are too hasty to reach for the Report button in an attempt to censor any view or fact that they don't agree with. I say they should accept not everybody is like them. It's called freedom of speech and if you don't agree with it, don't but accept it os their right to hold those beliefs. Who was it said "I may not agree with your beliefs but I will defend to the death your right to hold them" or similar? Simple.
                    When Mitch first started this forum it was agreed for obvious reasons, NO POLITICS...period. If that policy ever changes, I'm out of here.
                    "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

There are plenty of places for that and it will only alienate friends.

Comment

Again if you guys see something please report it.
                        The Covid threads are here to support each other during these tough times. No politics allowed or political views. No one is going to trash our house with this shit. Whoever doesn't like the rules then leave
                        I would really hate to delete these Covid threads, but it seems that there would be less BS if I did. It's BS that I really don't need or want.

I have enjoyed Jim Mason posts, informative, safety / medical related.
                        3 ~ Tudor's
                        Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Is it so hard to be nice to the folks on the VFF ? Can we make this site enjoyable for all, in their pursuit of happiness (Mostly Model A and friendships) ? Probably won't be simple and will take some extra effort, but anything is possible I've heard. I respect peoples right to their views on politics, but I do not need to voice mine here. Why ? If you want my opinion on politics, message me, and we can discuss it. I want to enjoy learning Model A facts, from folks that won't be here forever, and that is my right ! I need to play cards now Enjoy the site ALL !
                          Last edited by pAAt; 04-18-2020, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pAAt View Post
                            Is it so hard to be nice to the folks on the VFF ? Can we make this site enjoyable for all, in their pursuit of happiness (Mostly Model A and friendships) ? Probably won't be simple and will take some extra effort, but anything is possible I've heard. I respect peoples right to their views on politics, but I do not need to voice mine here. Why ? If you want my opinion on politics, message me, and we can discuss it. I want to enjoy learning Model A facts, from folks that won't be here forever, and that is my right ? Need to play cards now Enjoy the site ALL !
                            We were doing well before the hit the fan. Yes it is a volatile topic but let's keep it supportive.
                            3 ~ Tudor's
                            Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I’m with you Unc!! I come here to the VFF to get away from everything else. They say there’s a time & a place for everything. Let’s keep politics out of it. I also agree with your statement about PMing if necessary. Politics is something we’re never all going to agree on, so let’s agree to disagree & move on from here. I’m sure there are forums out there to discuss politics on all day long. Now, let’s go do something A related!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamey E View Post
                                I’m with you Unc!! I come here to the VFF to get away from everything else. They say there’s a time & a place for everything. Let’s keep politics out of it. I also agree with your statement about PMing if necessary. Politics is something we’re never all going to agree on, so let’s agree to disagree & move on from here. I’m sure there are forums out there to discuss politics on all day long. Now, let’s go do something A related!!!!!!
                                When were six foot under it will not matter plus I doubt at our ages and life experiences we are not gonna change, ask my wife.

Comment