Politics on VFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politics on VFF

I sure wish there was a site, I could go too, to get away from that Seems more keeps creeping in and I don't give a "damn" what you think on that topic (here on the VFF). Maybe try FB, too vent, or I'll find something to do at the farm. I guess I don't deserve to be on this site anyway, since I mostly joke, brag, and do some socializing. My AAing is not significant enough to warrant me the honor of your presences. You all have a great day !
    Last edited by pAAt; 04-04-2020, 10:05 AM.
    Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Hmmm, don't let it bump you on the way out.
    http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Comment

I won't Jim . I guess I'll just express myself too. We need more confrontation on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by pAAt View Post
        I won't Jim . I guess I'll just express myself too. We need more confrontation on this site.
        That is what made the barn a shithole site and why I left. I must have missed something that you are talking about. Mitch usually keeps political crap from here. As for as your presence here, I'm on the same page, I'm not a mechaneck but a driver, if anyone is here strictly for the techno then there are forums here that provide that interest. OFF Topic is just that and where i spend most of my time.
        "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

While VFF isn't the best place for politics, maybe you better pay attention to them or our precious toys will outlawed into being garage decorations.

Comment

Did I miss something? My bad for only spending 10 hours a day here and not paying attention.

Comment

JB-OB, ok then I'll express my politics when necessary also ! Thanks for the advice

Comment

If Mitch ever allows politics on the VFF, I'll be the first to leave.

Comment

Pat and others,

It is a tough time out there right now for everyone. Opinions are abound, and we do have the off-topic forum. This does not mean that politics are allowed here because they are not. I admit that much of this stuff is borderline or maybe beyond that sometimes. I did ask from the beginning of this epidemic that if there is a post which offends you, and by you, I mean any member here to just report it for me. I will delete it no questions asked, and we can all just move on from that without any ill feelings. Hell I'm probably not even going to read it. I have been very busy and really don’t have the time to read into all of this stuff being posted. Actually I have been ignoring most of it or skipping over what is written instead of reading them word for word. Needing to make a judgement call if it’s too far this way or that is just not happening right now. The coronavirus tech info I did find very worthy and extremely helpful. The lack of medical gear for our front line people should also be put out there. Now who dropped the ball on that and varying opinions is where it can get dicey. AGAIN, If there are any offending posts mixed in just Flag it for me, and it will be gone. Pat, please help me in doing that, and don’t go anywhere. These times are really trying for us all. Hell I just got back from Costco what an experience that was. We are all under a lot of pressure right now including me. I went from a four man staff to two (not incld me). I still have to call one today and tell him he is not needed. One of my parts jobbers shut down cause it spread through the warehouse. The last thing I need to deal with right now is issues here / politics and opinionated opinions being posted. Again for the 3rd time please flag any posts for me. It will help me immensely in dealing with it. The report button is at the bottom right on every post.

Please stay safe and let's keep this VFF a place of refuge in these trying times. The daily new members, site hits, and users online have dramatically increased. We need to keep this place just like what got us here. We are one big family and I know most of you feel that way as well. If you find your post was deleted from a report forget about it and just move on. We have more important things going on.

Pat thanks for starting this thread. I think it was time for this to get vented
                  3 ~ Tudor's
                  Henry Ford said
                  "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

pAAt. Please don’t go. I really enjoy reading your posts. I hope I didn’t offend. I know I’m having a hard time with this. I had an infectious disease when I was in the Marine Corps. It almost killed me. I SHOULD be more concerned. I apologize to everybody for my lackadaisical approach to this thing. But, I’m getting better and safer. pAAt, you need to stay here.
                    Go VFF!

Comment

• Mitch
                      Mitch commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No worries. Pat is not going anywhere. We are all under pressure. From our jobs, to our families, and just surviving this mess. The LAST thing we need is a bunch of political shit being posted. That is not popular on a good day, let alone an Early Ford car site.

Originally posted by Jedmundcars View Post
                    pAAt. Please don’t go. I really enjoy reading your posts. I hope I didn’t offend. I know I’m having a hard time with this. I had an infectious disease when I was in the Marine Corps. It almost killed me. I SHOULD be more concerned. I apologize to everybody for my lackadaisical approach to this thing. But, I’m getting better and safer. pAAt, you need to stay here.
                    Here is he way my pal Pat likes to be serenaded................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikJony6h_tQ
                    Last edited by Apple Green Wheels Rule; 04-04-2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Pretty good Apple Green. What about that old one,
                      “Baby, Please don’t go”
                      I wish I need how to link it.
                      Go VFF!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedmundcars View Post
                        Pretty good Apple Green. What about that old one,
                        “Baby, Please don’t go”
                        I wish I need how to link it.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjHSOzVU5j0

Comment

Holy sh#t Ed, I forgot that I used to play tambourine in that band.
                          Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Found something to do at the farm, but I kept hearing the sound of tambourines coming from the northeast Then I found a thorn stuck right in my crosshairs Thanks Mitch, for your thoughtful comments on this matter. I'll be discrete on matters like this in the future and do as you suggest. Good day !

Comment

Pat you crazy bastard!

Comment

Jedmundcars. Thank you for your service to this country, first and foremost I'll be thinking about you now and my heart goes out to you and your family. Stay safe !! I'm worried about the elderly and those with immunity problems.
                                We had to go to Walmart yesterday and I stayed in the truck (like normal). 28 degrees and snowing. An elderly couple came out and got in their car next to me, so I got out and scraped part of their window. It wasn't froze solid and they thanked me. He said he didn't have a scraper and they backed out. I then notice he drove 500' and was out with the long brush scraper . Oh well, I thought, I tried any way. Next thing I see is their car in front of me, he gets out and said he found his scraper. Thanking me some more and not seeming to worried about catching anything I have the deepest respect for my elders and yes they are getting harder to find Thank you for your thoughts Jed and enjoy your day, Pat

Comment

I had an awful crush on Cher Jeff, but I think it all had to do with her beautiful voice

Comment

AA’s
                                    Go VFF!

Comment

Uncle Pat you’d better not go anywhere, I’d be lost without you!!!!

Comment

Jamey, looking at you through VFF eyes, you'll never be lost ! To many people know where you're working

Comment

These are stressful times that is why a place like this is important, there is plenty of places for political comment if you wish but seriously in the end it only makes you feel better, truth be told it will drive away folks you like it has happened on other sites. ED and I may have close political views because of military service but I do not look down on others for their view. I never grew up in their life. Right now it is important for all of us to stick together and if you have a problem report it as Mitch said or pm the guy and work it out. Leaving solves nothing and not discussing things does nothing either. I have a pretty thick skin and I know a few folks on here who have served some pretty rough duty in the military, but we are friends here with a common interest, if you destroy that , trust me you will live to rue that day. If i have offended someone I will tell tell you I am a smart alec and my comments are only meant to be humorous and I only say them because I consider folks here as friends. I have met in person a few folks here and I love em all. We gotta keep each other uplifted and fight on during this trying time. I have always been taught your real friends tell you when you are wrong, wives don't count.
                                          Last edited by BNCHIEF; 04-05-2020, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pAAt View Post
                                            I had an awful crush on Cher Jeff, but I think it all had to do with her beautiful voice
                                            Well Pat, I have my own Sonny and Cher story. I grew up with the nickname Sonny and those who grew up around me still call me Sonny. One of my ex-wives was name Cheryl. We were on Recruiting duty in LA for 6 mo TDY, base out of New Orleans. We did HS and College presentations to graduating classes. We had a packed house because the venue was advertised as the Sonny and Cheryl Show. She wasn't as tall as Cher but her hair was down to her petite round firm butt when not in uniform. She had a been a ballet dancer before coming in the Army. She is now still short but a round Humpty Dumpty that could never get up on her toes if her life depended on it. Saw a photo of her a few years ago....

Comment

Apple Green Wheels Rule
                                              Sounds like your ex, through military training, learned to dodge bullets.

Comment

Ed, you've had a life made for royalty Now I have Cher singing in my head and your ex, dancing around me naked, with the long hair !! Pre-chunky era of course, with an occasional "well rounded" gal being serenaded by Sonny himself Great day too you Sir !

Comment