Today's Riddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Riddle

A man steals a $100 dollar bill from the store's register, then uses it to buy $70 of goods from the same store.
    He gets $30 change back.
    How much money did the store loose?

$200

EDIT: If "money" means cash then $130 in money and $70 in goods....

EDIT#2: Just $30. Final Answer
    Last edited by Jwmckenzie; 04-03-2020, 06:57 PM.
    Jon.

"Inhale Confidence, Exhale Doubt"
    Adkins Week 7 -- Total Weight Loss: 24 lbs

Comment

I would agree with $200. but something is fishy that I haven't quite figured out yet.
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

My Brain Hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by 1930 Closed Cab PU View Post
          My Brain Hurts.
          Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

$100 ($70 goods. $30 cash)

Comment

30$

Comment

I'm thinking $200
                If someone tells you “That can’t be done”. It’s time to get started!

Comment

$200, $130 cash, $70 goods.
                  Unless the man owned the store, then it’s a different ballgame

Comment

Something seems fishy about the wording of that riddle 🐟🐟🐟

Comment

Ok, I figured it out, the answer is the store is out $172.00
                      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Originally posted by JDupuis View Post
                        $100 ($70 goods. $30 cash)
                        X2..
                        3 ~ Tudor's
                        Henry Ford said
                        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

About $.39, the cost of a 5.56. One in the head and you have your Hundo, your $30 and the $70 in goods back. If he has anything in his pockets, you made money.

Comment

about $65, but they also can take the loss off their taxes, possibly $56.43
                            Last edited by pAAt; 04-03-2020, 08:15 PM.
                            Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

Based on mark up taxes etc. I will guesse $156.00 . Rod
                              Last edited by Rowdy; 04-03-2020, 09:11 PM.
                              At some point in time standardization was a creative idea.

Comment

100 dollars was stolen, the stores loss. The store gave him 70 dollars of goods plus another 30 dollars.

Comment

I was surprised at the variety of answers, and the same held true from the answers on the original place I found the riddle.
                                  I agree with those who said $100 was lost.

Comment

EeeeeeeeYes! I knew it.
                                    Winner winner chicken dinner. That was fun.
                                    I was explaining my answer to my wife and M-I-L last night at the supper table.
                                    And THEY “didn’t” agree with me......Ha! In their face..I win. Paint me Happy.

Comment

3 ~ Tudor's
                                      Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Nevermind, oopps.
                                        Last edited by 1930 Closed Cab PU; 04-04-2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

I still stand by my answer because the guy took $100.00

There is typically a 40% mark up on retail items, so 60% of $70.00 is $42.00

Take the change, $30.00+$42.00+$100.00=$172.00 loss for the business.

Comment

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post

The mark up was already included or accounted for in the 70.00..that was the price it was being sold for on the shelf.
                                            3 ~ Tudor's
                                            Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

If the guy deprived the store of their profit on those goods, didn't he cost them that as well? It is profit they would have made if they sold those goods to someone else.
                                              I also don't agree with your calculations on markup. Mark up and profit margin are two separate things. For example, if an item costs the store owner $10, a 40% markup means the markup is $4 so he would sell at $14. His profit when he finds a buyer is $4 on a $14 sale which is 4 ÷ 14 X100 = 28.6% profit margin. the lost profit on that $70 worth of goods is 28.6% of $70 = $20.
                                              I'll leave it there - my head is starting to hurt but I agree with $100 lost. The fact that he spent the money in the same store is irrelevant.

Comment

Ok, riddle me this.....

You have a long playing record, it is 12" diameter, it has 8" of play space, and travels at 33 1/3rpm.

How many groves does it have on 1 side?

Something tells me I already asked this one...

Comment

Ok, riddle me this.....

You have a long playing record, it is 12" diameter, it has 8" of play space, and travels at 33 1/3rpm.

How many groves does it have on 1 side?

Something tells me I already asked this one...
                                                  We have to know how many minutes it plays on that side.

Comment