tp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tp

What's with hoarding toilet paper? That stuff doesn't grow on tre... nevermind
    http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

All I can tell you it started when an Australian company announced they were shutting down for 2 weeks. The shutdown was so they could reconfigure to increase their production when the area in China that makes alot of TP was closing down due the the virus. Why the run on TP here in the USA I do not know as most of our TP is made here and not in China or Australia. Guesse everyone here got nervious and stockpiled. The stockpiling has slowed down here as there was still some on the shelves at Walmart late in the day. A few weeks ago it was all gone by 8 am. Rod
    Last edited by Rowdy; 04-01-2020, 12:52 AM.
    At some point in time standardization was a creative idea.

Comment

If I would post what I think, Mitch would ban me.

Comment

Wife said if we run out of TP then we could use all those boxes of blue pop-up shop towels I have. 🤬 I changed the lock on the garage.

Comment

I don't need any, but I went shopping for food and water softener salt today, and notice not one of the 3 stores had any toilet paper on the shelves.
          Also Aldi had no water softener salt. Can't believe that salt is also being hoarded. People are nuts.

Comment

No butter on the shelf here. Rod
            At some point in time standardization was a creative idea.

Comment

Was at Walmart here yesterday afternoon. Groceries looked pretty stocked, TP was about half full stocked. Lots of eggs, meat .chicken, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 1930 Closed Cab PU View Post
                TP was about half full stocked
                How many rolls did you buy
                3 ~ Tudor's
                Henry Ford said
                "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

None. I buy some things in bulk (larger packages) or when I notice it on sale. Did buy a 4 pack a couple of weeks ago, will go looking again when I have to break into the 4 pack.

I am frugal on some things, now spend money on things like quality model A parts, etc. Learned my lesson, no more generators etc. off of gypbay.

With being frugal and my tax return, was able to get my Truck seat cushions reupholstered. Looks like this weekend might be able to get it out of storage, and try out the cushions.

Comment

Get it out and go for a drive! It helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Big hammer View Post
                      Get it out and go for a drive! It helps.
                      Can not get it out, it is in remote storage facility, packed in with other vehicles. Have to wait for some of the others to get their vehicles so I can get to mine. I put up with this since it only costs me $140 for 5-6 months storage.

I do agree, temps finally getting into the upper 50s, am getting antsy/impatient. I am sure, actually I am certain it is quite a bit warmer in Southern Illinois. Have a sister in Robinson Ill, but weather has been very wet, but is a lot warmer in Robinson than in Southern Wisconsin.

Comment

Just had to post this shin saver.
                        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

DaWizard
                          Excellent idea Wiz.
                          Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

The ends of the running board arms would be another good place
                            3 ~ Tudor's
                            Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I suppose the garage has cases of the "shin savers" stacked to the ceiling
                              Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

Visual to above post

7197234A-A6C7-4076-8421-D91C45C855EC.jpeg
                                3 ~ Tudor's
                                Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment