The virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The virus

OK people, you cant catch the virus by posting on this forum. I promise.

But you can catch an addiction!

Hello, my name is Jeff and I am a VFFaholic. (the crowd roars, “Hi Jeff”)
    Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

somebody make me laugh, I need it

Comment

I figured with everyone home the forums here would be more active than ever. Boy was I wrong. Rod
        At some point in time standardization was a creative idea.

Comment

Go to the post a joke thread, Bob and the boys usually have stuff on there that's funny, or you can come to my place and watch me work I'll tear your stitches right out
          Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

Originally posted by Rowdy View Post
            I figured with everyone home the forums here would be more active than ever. Boy was I wrong. Rod
            Personally have to wait for the weather to improve so I can get the A out of storage in a farmers Barn, and work on it in my detached unheated garage. Springtime in Wisconsin, light rain the past 2 days, currently cloudy and 40 degrees F.

Comment

Originally posted by carolinamudwalker View Post
              OK people, you cant catch the virus by posting on this forum. I promise.
              But my computer caught a virus a few times.

Comment

The daily hits and users online is up. As most forums we do have our lurkers. This VFF is set up to find needed information much easier. It's not just one line of posts. Folks search and read through the tech forums, and related topics. All in all, the information is much easier to find here than most places. Less of a need to ask, and not as many repetitive questions because of that.
                3 ~ Tudor's
                Henry Ford said
                "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Originally posted by JDupuis View Post
                  But you can catch an addiction!

Hello, my name is Jeff and I am a VFFaholic. (the crowd roars, “Hi Jeff”)
                  Now that was funny Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post

But my computer caught a virus a few times.
                    Yea Tom, me too, Good line

Comment

91160545_2865839370162148_9181006384957751296_n.jpg

Comment

Hey Rod, I always check the Home Page to see who's on line. And last evening I saw that more “members” were on, than at anytime I've seen in the past.
                        On average I've seen the members logged on, averaging from 58 to 70 members. This week the numbers jumped to 85 to 92. But last night it hit 102.

Comment

thanks, I needed the laugh

Comment

I vividly remember when it was a consistent 6 or 7 max..
                            3 ~ Tudor's
                            Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Those 6 or 7 deadbeats are still here

Comment

You all are the reason I got into this goofy hobby!

And now gas is cheap and we cannot go anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by dmdeaton View Post
                                  You all are the reason I got into this goofy hobby!

And now gas is cheap and we cannot go anywhere
                                  We love spending other peoples money... Welcome
                                  3 ~ Tudor's
                                  Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

The number is up to 104 now.

Comment

Think it is time to break out Great Grandpas recipe and see if I can still make a few galons of courage. Would atleast occupy a few days making stuff I no longer have while waiting on the mash. Rod

Comment

Rowdy:
                                        If you need some help from a reformed Arky, let me know......

Comment

Will do. Been 27 years since I have made a run. Great Grandpas recipe was sold to the indians in the early 1900's. Then he moved to Gothenburg in 1922 and made it locally to survive the depression. Helped my Grandpa make a run in the mid 70's just before he was diagnosed with parkenses disease. I was probably only 6 or 7 then. My Dad never was interested in making any so learned some from an older guy who lived in the hills south of Brady. Made a few 10 galon runs in 93 and taught another while doing it. At any rate don't have anything left besides a good burner, so have some fab to do if I decide to. Not really sure where to even try to do this in this area. Easy to find a good site at the other end of the state. Rod

Comment

If I am not mistaken, it is LEGAL to make up to 10 gallons a year. I seem to remember this from the great gas shortage. People were experimenting with adding shine into their gas to run their cars, and Uncle Sam said it was OK to make up to 10 gal/year without having a license.

Comment

Could well be. Will look into it. So I am guessing the 11th galon has to be consumed immediately. Better invite a few friends for that. Rod

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsNWlM3fWmI
                                                You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Fer them thar city folk out there who never had any white lightnin, it is generally between 180 - 190 proof (thats 90 -95 % alcohol). Experienced shiners can take the mason jar, hit the lid, and tell you the proof by the bubbles that form. And yeah it sure does burn, but if you get the GOOD stuff, its well worth it! And YES, they DID burn it as fuel in their vehicles...and you could smell it!
                                                  Last edited by Rick; 04-01-2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment