Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Someone Here Looking for a Model T Coil Tester?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Someone Here Looking for a Model T Coil Tester?

I remember recently a brief mention of a Model T coil tester, and I thought someone was wanting to buy one.

Tom that doesn't ring a bell
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• WMWS
      Coil effecting speedometer
      by WMWS
      Today I changed out my coil to the flame thrower 40111. My electric tachometer is hooked up to the coil. Now my tac is showing fast for some reason. Any idea why.
      09-09-2017, 07:11 PM
    • Afordman31
      Coil Mounting
      by Afordman31
      Any pictures of where to mount the modern coil when using the coil conversion kit?...
      02-06-2019, 09:44 AM
    • canadian
      fouled sparkplugs
      by canadian
      this is kind of a update to a topic i started about timing.During debate we discussed why i had fouled plugs and poor performance. end result was ignition coil. not new but in service less than 6 months. Echlin brand sold through NAPA. i dont have a coil tester but simple Ohms test when cold and when heated with heat gun showed resistance readings that were not consistent. Changed to new coil and...
      05-21-2019, 12:11 PM
    • Chap52
      Ignition Coil Question
      by Chap52
      My coil is not marked "+"/"-" but "Batt" and "Dist". How do those markings align with +/-?
      11-01-2018, 07:27 PM
    • pooch
      Crab electronic coil ohms.
      by pooch
      Helped a mate with an electronic Efire crab dizzy today.

Would not go, after a couple of hours we found 2 things wrong.

Firstly the magnet drum had to be pushed right home to work and we could not get a 3 ohm coil to run.

Got it running on a 1.2 ohm coil.

Whether the 3 ohm one is dead or electronics don't like 3 ohms.

12 volt...
      12-24-2018, 12:50 AM
    • Mitch
      Coil Tester
      by Mitch
      COIL TESTER

Coil Tester
      By Tom Wesenberg

Here is a coil and condenser tester I made for about $9. The 6 volt relay is 35 ohms and the capacitor connected to the relay windings is 330 microfarads. This combination makes the relay vibrate at a rate to give the coil the same frequency as a Model A running at 1,000 RPM. The higher the capacitance, the slower the relay...
      08-06-2018, 07:21 AM
    • Ray Horton
      Slant pole coil question
      by Ray Horton
      I have what I think is an original slant pole coil in my box-o-stuff. How can I determine if it is a good working one or not?
      11-28-2017, 09:09 PM
    • canadian
      friendly discussion
      by canadian
      I have read about the big no no about mounting a ignition coil, terminals down on Model A firewall. I have a NAPA 12V internal resistor mounted upside down for 3 years. Brother rumbles by with 72 dodge Demon , nice 340 , while looking around I noticed ignition coil bolted on its side to intake manifold , factory dodge design. the same coil that I am using exactly, He says its been there for 15 plus...
      05-12-2018, 06:18 AM
    • Chuck Sea/Tac
      Question regarding Tom W’s coil tester
      by Chuck Sea/Tac
      can the 6V tester be used for twelve volt? What changes would be needed to test 12V coils?...
      02-16-2018, 10:55 PM
    • Paul
      Snap near coil when timing
      by Paul
      While timing my Model A today, I was able to hear a snapping sound near and/or in the coil when I was opening and closing the points. The points are sparking and the car is running. Any clues on the noise?
      08-24-2018, 06:55 PM
    Working...
    X