No announcement yet.

Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave (son-in-law) ER doc and Carly (daughter) Hospice nurse, have been using the same N95 masks for weeks. They should really be discarded after 8hrs of use. As I mentioned in another post Dave scored some at the local power plant a week or so ago. What did he do? Instead of keeping them all for his own use he gave them out in the er and got a standing ovation from his co-workers. Well to date neither of them still have masks, so I scored some from a personal source which should get here today. Dave will run by and grab some, then I'll jump on the NJ Turnpike and meet Carly at some highway destination. This source should be able to get me more next week. Our medical professionals were left high and dry on the front lines and to date it has not improved.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Jim, I am not saying they have to eat what we eat, I meant they have to have controls on the way their rats and bats are stored and processed before eating them to avoid cross-contamination, I personally don't care if they eat . The Chinese aren't the only ones doing this there are a lot of other countries also contaminating their food supplies, maybe the world will learn a lesson from this, it seems that some countries don't care what their citizens suffer. And what about the endangered species they slaughter for food in these "civilized" countries?
      Last edited by Bobm90; 04-01-2020, 08:36 AM.
      "We are all born ignorant, but one must work very hard to remain stupid".
      - Ben Franklin

Comment

I agree. I dont know the laws in china. i do know that the USA didnt have pure food and drug act untill 1905. also those laws are still regulary broken.

Endangered species is another topic.
        http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Comment

Guys, these are some of my son's colleagues with a good message. If you look at the back windows of the ambulance, you'll see hand written messages using liquid chalk. People here read these after they were used by paramedics very effectively during a pay dispute a few years ago.
          IMO, These are the people we rely on but maybe I'm biased.
          https://www.facebook.com/marlie.loch...TYxMzI5ODcxMQ/

Comment

3BB52888-D977-4AFC-A51F-5DCF0E3260AD.jpeg
            3 ~ Tudor's
            Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thanks, Mitch this spray 9 was hard to find but anyone looking for it ACE hardware stocks it for pickup or home delivery.
              - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Bobm90 View Post
                Thanks, Mitch this spray 9 was hard to find but anyone looking for it ACE hardware stocks it for pickup or home delivery.
                A lot of the auto stores are out of it. I guess it is not a trade secret, lol. I just ordered 300.00 worth from WB mason, lets see if they come through.
                3 ~ Tudor's
                Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Mitch I checked the CDC and this product is on page 5 of 25 pages, definitely worth a try here is a link to the list, thanks for the info.

https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-regist...nst-sars-cov-2
                  - Ben Franklin

Comment

Update on my order of spray nine from ACE as with most of this online, to be delivered to home stuff, Ace canceled my order after accepting it no explanation just canceled, I am finding that with more and more vendors.
                    - Ben Franklin

Comment

Mitch I checked the CDC and this product is on page 5 of 25 pages, definitely worth a try here is a link to the list, thanks for the info.

https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-regist...nst-sars-cov-2
                      Bob, it is hard to get but still out there. I found some at a mom and pop type hardware store yesterday. My WB Mason order is still open so it's doubtful that i'll even get that.

7398A782-358E-49CA-A508-C2CCBB9A4BFE.jpeg
                      3 ~ Tudor's
                      Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Local officer in the next town over has tested positive for covid. 14 other officers in quarantine as well now. two hospital employees where my wife works also tested positive. itll be only a matter of time before her and/or i test positive. we have 3 kids 7 and under so that will be fun.
                        Last edited by rrich1; 04-03-2020, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Ha! FB_IMG_1585926647536.jpg

Comment

Long but worth it

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?v...P6mP4kzDvL0q3A

Comment

You have read my other posts and ramblings on various different threads about our front line kids who have not been provided basic protection, but are required to treat patients with covid. Well our other son in-law Louis found and purchased disposable gowns and head coverings, then shipped it all to Dave. Yes he spent something like 4K out of pocket for this stuff. Dave will distribute it in the hospital ER and use them for himself. Thought that I would share this here.

B74366DC-FA07-4D3A-BD80-62014E926262.jpeg
                              3 ~ Tudor's
                              Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I found 2 N-95 mask at the local hardware store. They always had them for painters and chemical uses. Just need to know where to look. How many everyday people would know that. The local Farm and Home is selling body suits for $4.99 and booties.
                                "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Green Wheels Rule View Post
                                  I found 2 N-95 mask at the local hardware store. They always had them for painters and chemical uses. Just need to know where to look. How many everyday people would know that. The local Farm and Home is selling body suits for $4.99 and booties.
                                  Good find
                                  Stay safe
                                  3 ~ Tudor's
                                  Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Lowe’s and Home Depot shelves are bare of contractors masks and all cans of alcohol around here

Comment

We fell asleep in one world and woke up in another. Suddenly,
                                      Disney is out of magic,
                                      Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn't stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress and Mecca is empty.
                                      Hugs and kisses suddenly have become weapons and not visiting parents and friends becomes an act of love.
                                      Suddenly you realise that beauty, power and money are worthless and can't get you the oxygen you are fighting for.
                                      The world continues its life and it is still beautiful. It only puts humans in cages - it is sending us a message: "You are not necessary. The earth, air, water and sky are fine without you. When you come back, remember that you are my guests - not my masters."

Comment

Mitch , From what I have heard about these protective items from the feds they have to be requested by your governor to received them and he disperses them as requested by the hospitals, there seems to be some misunderstanding about this, I hate to think some states get all they need while others don't. What you Son-In-Law did shows the love that exists in families and how people are standing together may God bless them all during our time of being tested, maybe these lessons are why the virus exists.
                                        - Ben Franklin

Comment

Mitch , From what I have heard about these protective items from the feds they have to be requested by your governor to received them and he disperses them as requested by the hospitals, there seems to be some misunderstanding about this, I hate to think some states get all they need while others don't. What you Son-In-Law did shows the love that exists in families and how people are standing together may God bless them all during our time of being tested, maybe these lessons are why the virus exists.
                                          Thanks Bob
                                          Both kids, Dave and Carly work in NJ. Dave is in a large hospital in Princeton, plus they have another in Trenton. Carly is in Bergen county which is north Jersey close to NY. Bergen county has the highest infection rate in NJ. We actually told them both to quit, how can you not be protected? Well they are like soldiers to uphold the oath and would have none of that. I am blessed to have 3 wonderful son in laws, a father cannot ask for anything more.
                                          3 ~ Tudor's
                                          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Mitch - if I were you I would need drugs to sleep at night. Between your business and your family you have to be completely stressed out. Am hoping for the best for you and your family.

Comment

rrich1 I hope you and your wife are doing OK, the exposure to it doesn't mean you'll get it, is local testing available?
                                              - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by rrich1 View Post
                                                two hospital employees where my wife works also tested positive.
                                                Rich
                                                Hope all is still well over there
                                                3 ~ Tudor's
                                                Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

>> Subject: Listen closely.
                                                  >>
                                                  >>
                                                  >> A suspected Covid-19 male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. A young student female nurse appears and gives him a partial sponge bath.
                                                  >> "Nurse," he mumbles from behind the mask, "Are my testicles black?"
                                                  >> Embarrassed, the young nurse replies, "I don't know, Sir. I'm only here to wash your upper body and feet."
                                                  >> He struggles to ask again, "Nurse, please check for me. Are my testicles black?"
                                                  >> Concerned that he might elevate his blood pressure and heart rate from worrying about his testicles, she overcomes her embarrassment and
                                                  >> pulls back the covers.
                                                  >> She raises his gown, holds his manhood in one hand and his testicles gently in the other.
                                                  >> She looks very closely and says, "There's nothing wrong with them, Sir. They look fine."
                                                  >> The man slowly pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her, and says very slowly,
                                                  >> "Thank you very much. That was wonderful. Now listen very,
                                                  >> very, closely:
                                                  >> "Are - my - test - results - back?"
                                                  >>

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobm90 View Post
                                                    Being a resident of Illinois, the complaints about the feds by our govenor is all political....believe me it is.

Comment