Missed Opportunities never go away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed Opportunities never go away

Went to an auction in northern Minnesota yesterday and wasn't ready for what was there. A 33 Ford BB with a solid cab and a free B engine. It had a Case side mount engine/radiator (30's I believe) set up for a saw mill on back. I let it slip away for $1900.00. I'm kicking myself today and that's all I can think of !! Please tell me your stories to make me feel better.
    Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Well how do u know if you did bid the 1900 that no one would have bid after?
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Mitch, I should of taken it a lot higher than I did. The truck was clean and well taken care of. I'm just a little sick today is all. Mitch, since this is a BB/Case topic could you transfer it to "off topic" Thanks, Pat

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Pat it was not meant to be, someone from above was saving you a lot of agg. I buy lot's of moderns through auction and when i don't get something that i really wanted that's the way i look at it.

An old auction trick everyone needs to be aware of is to make sure someone is actually bidding against you in the crowd. I like to stand up front next to the auctioneer and look back at the audience to keep an eye on that. These guys are SLICK

• BNCHIEF
      BNCHIEF commented
      Editing a comment
      You are so right.

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      Great tip Mitch ! I'm not much on auctions, but my friend is and he is up front checking everyone
      out come to think of it. I'll jump his ass for not telling me that Thanks, I feel better now !!
      Last edited by pAAt; 09-09-2017, 12:31 AM.

Maybe the loss saved you from sawing your arm off.
    So.........you went up north and didn't stop in on your way back........hmmm.

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      I was riding with a friend from Hager City, Wis. and just skirted the Twin Cities north. I don't miss that traffic at all Tom ! I'm thinking mid week, next week, if that's available on your schedule ? You would have loved that Case engine setup, HUGE, with cast iron radiator shroud and 4-10" pistons.