Holy Cow........Talk About a Nightmare to Steer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Cow........Talk About a Nightmare to Steer

Here's a fun thing to putt around in, but can you imagine steering it?
    It needs a heavy duty front end and power steering because that Delco weighs 425 pounds.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122688535185?ul_noapp=true

Delco Mower.jpg

Tom at least you don't need to buy that, you already have all the parts !! Mower plus a portable power plant
    Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Another road trip

I saw a pic of a HUGE Touring Car, with TANDEM Front Axles !! They said they also offered TANDEM rears!!
    Can you IMAGINE steering thet thing? Or settin' the TOE-INS, with a CURTAIN ROD!
    Can Mitchs' NEW DANGLED front end rack handle it???
    SA KDad

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• BigWes
      Need steering help / ideas
      by BigWes
      Hello all, I am very new to the Model T scene. I have a newly acquired 1927 model T (at least that's what the title says.) It appears to be a fabricated kit of sorts but the issue I have is the steering/ front end. while the bucket as a whole is not period correct it appears that the front axle is. The previous owner(s) installed a rack of sorts and all the welds look like crap. I would like to clean...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      11-21-2019, 07:48 AM
    • Captndan
      Steering
      by Captndan
      I am going to install a Randy Gross steering conversion in my 31 Tudor as soon as it arrives. I know his instructions will be complete and understandable. If anyone has done this is there any special tricks or tips you can add. Thanks
      05-11-2017, 09:44 AM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      Who Needs Steering Arms With Good Balls
      by Tom Wesenberg
      I just saw this on ebay, and it looks like a good deal for anyone needing steering arms with good balls.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-...19.m1438.l2649
      06-13-2018, 10:18 PM
    • Superhart
      Power Steering For my 1930 Model A
      by Superhart
      I need some input. I have a 1930 Model A Coupe, 350 Chevy Turbo 350 powered (NO, I didn't do that. I bought the car already done. LOL I would have installed a 347 Stroker or 351W and C-6). The car has a Mustang II IFS front end installed with manual rack and Chevy steering column. I want to convert to power steering. Has anyone here performed a similar swap? If so, I would love to talk to you...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      04-01-2020, 03:13 PM
    • Gary D
      Evaluations of E-Z Steer and Mel Gross's F-100 Steering box
      by Gary D
      Comments appreciated of any pros and cons regarding the E-Z Steer unit and Mel Gross's F-100 steering unit for Model A's. Thank you!
      02-01-2018, 11:22 AM
    • Kevin84
      Steering box lube question
      by Kevin84
      I've just joined the Forum and looking through it so that I do not appear too stupid! I just purchase a 1930 2-dr coupe and it does have a steering problem. Almost impossible to steer. Checked the lubricant by removing the filler nut and could see NO lubricant! What lubricant needs to be used in the steering box? I'm reasonably sure that it will also need adjusting or maybe parts replacement. It's...
      01-11-2018, 07:13 PM
    • Rowdy
      Spindle Steering Arms
      by Rowdy
      I do not have easy access to my JS. Need to know which style of steering arms I need to get reballed for my April/May 1929. Moving my delivery to storage and is going to be easiest to re-assemble the front end and make it roll again. Know there were some differences in the tierod end and drag link seal flange thicknesses. Anyone that can help it would be appriciated. Thanks, Rod
      11-17-2018, 07:10 PM
    • Bill CNC
      2 Tooth Steering Box
      by Bill CNC
      Well after screwing around with my steering box on my 31 Tudor, I have found it's to far gone to adjust. It feels like it's indexing in the center and if I loosen it up to rid the hard spot in the center, ... Whoa, ... she's ALL OVER THE ROAD!

I'm trying to figure out if I want to rebuild it myself or buy a rebuilt one or buy one of Randy's F-100 boxes.

I'm trying to keep...
      03-31-2018, 01:47 PM
    • sunnyorm
      Steering Play
      by sunnyorm
      What is fairly "normal" play for a driver, with a 2 tooth steering, measured at the steering wheel?
      07-10-2018, 05:31 PM
    Working...
    X