Curbside Free Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curbside Free Stuff

I've gotten quite a few good things for free on the curb during the past year. Two days ago I was riding with my neighbor, and while driving through Wisconsin I got a nice box fan that works fine. All I did was remove the front and rear covers so I could wash the dirt off them and the fan. I can't figure out the 2 odd holes by the handle though. They have paint on the edge, so they were there when the fan was made. It must be some odd defect from when the steel was rolled out at the mill, or some machine did it when it was formed at the fan factory. Walmart sells this fan for over $40, but it doesn't have the 2 odd holes.

12 years ago I got a nice shop vac because the hose was plugged with Christmas tree needles. This summer I got 2 air compressors, a large solvent tank, and a heavy duty work bench.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

I would write the manufacturer of that fan and tell them it developed those holes.... I bet they send you out a free one
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Here's a funny :-) I replaced a toilet for my mom and she was worried about how to get rid of it. I placed it on the curb with a sign FREE works, we had a snack on the back porch and 1/2 hour it was gone!
      The new toilet would flush a bowl full of golf balls, work great for her!
      When we closed the store, the dumpster would get emptied out every night by divers. Grandmas electric organ was carted off and an hour later was making sounds.
      Dad had saved 4 dozen boxes of plate wares and I was not careful with them until I talked with one of the divers, if you can make $ with them , I will stack them out side the dumpster
      Oh the stories from growing up with two business some good some bad
      When some say been there done that? I lived it :-)

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Toilets make great flower pots!!!

Related Topics

Collapse

• 29er
      Balancing the Fan
      by 29er
      I've never seen a discussion about whether the fan should be balanced before it is installed in the car. I have a repro 2-blade aluminum fan, but the question is relevant to them all. It would seem that the fan, like all other spinning things (wheels, lawn mower blades, etc) should be balanced so that undo stress is not placed on the water pump. There's even a thread by Tom W over at that other Ford...
      06-11-2017, 04:38 PM
    • sideline
      Clanging Noise
      by sideline
      I noticed a clanging noise when backing up, not always but if I goosed the throttle to get it rolling.
      Looking under the hood for suspect areas I noticed a shiny spot on three of the four fan blades. The closest object for it to hit looked to be the top radiator hose clamp. I applied a piece of blue painters tape on it and sure enough that was the spot. I used a Dremel to grind a small amount...
      09-25-2018, 05:52 AM
    • Jeff/Illinois
      Is a cracked fan blade........
      by Jeff/Illinois
      ............even worth trying to restore today with the good quality aluminum blades sold by Snyder's and Bratton's?

I have one headed to the scrap pile if not. Also sounds like loose rust scale in the blade when you shake it.
      06-22-2018, 09:41 AM
    • Steve Plucker
      Aluminum Fan...Breaking...
      by Steve Plucker
      While on a tour this last weekend, one of the participants had a nice surprise...one of the fan blades made a clean break. Put a dent in the left side of his hood.

Has there been other reports of this happening?

Pluck
      06-18-2018, 08:39 PM
    • Mitch
      Original steel fan blade dangers
      by Mitch
      Many folks in the hobby are unaware of the danger that lurks when running an original style 2 or 4 blade fan. If your car has one replacing it should be a priority to prevent bodily injury or damage to the car. The suppliers sell a replacement aluminum 2 blade fan that is well balanced and safe. Here is a link to some more info regarding the construction and deficiency's of the original style fan....
      07-23-2017, 07:13 PM
    • Mitch
      Original steel fan blade dangers
      by Mitch
      Original thread

Many folks in the hobby are unaware of the danger that lurks when running an original style 2 or 4 blade fan. If your car has one replacing it should be a priority to prevent bodily injury or damage to the car. The suppliers sell a replacement aluminum 2 blade fan that is well balanced and safe. Here is a link to some more info regarding the construction and deficiency's...
      07-23-2017, 07:13 PM
    • copgib
      Radiator Fan Blades
      by copgib
      I was wondering if I should change my 2-blade fan for a different type and wanted to get everyones opinion. Thanks
      05-10-2018, 08:00 PM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      Unusual Fan Mounting, Not Model A
      by Tom Wesenberg
      Last night I saw an early 60's Triumph that had the radiator fan mounted to the front of the crankshaft.
      So with this mounting, the fan only covered the lower half of the radiator.
      This is the first time I can ever recall seeing a fan mounted directly to the crankshaft on any car....
      06-05-2017, 11:16 PM
    • copgib
      Fan Shroud
      by copgib
      How many of you guys use a fan shroud on your model A?
      05-14-2018, 06:45 PM
    • 30Coupe
      Water Pump
      by 30Coupe
      Hi gang,

I'm wondering what kind of popular opinion exists concerning these new "maintenance free" water pumps? They can be had for about $165, and I'm considering doing it. Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Joe
      07-22-2017, 09:27 PM
    Working...
    X