Oil Can Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Can Holder

An end cap for 1 1/2" PVC makes the perfect holder for most oil cans. And if the oil can leaks a bit, the oil stays in the cap. I drilled a small screw hole about 1/4" from the edge, then used my Dremel with a ball stone to grind a countersink for the flathead screw to fasten it to the wall of my large outdoor toolbox. Oil Can Holder.JPG

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tom Rode
    Oil cap question
    by Tom Rode
    I've posted earlier about oil leak while car is running (leaks only immediately after a drive, no leaking while parked in garage). One of the possible remedies mentioned is oil cap on too tight or tabs bent and allowing pressure to build up in crankcase, to that end I have ordered a new oil cap and will install it. While examining old cap I found the cap to be "packed" with steel wool....
    11-18-2019, 09:14 AM
  • rrich1
    Favorite oil for hand held oil can?
    by rrich1
    What oil do you use for a hand held oil can to lube the various parts on the model A? Also do you use an antique oiler or a new one? The ladder is more curiosity than anything....
    10-08-2019, 06:29 PM
  • Kevin in NJ
    Shock oil, an example
    by Kevin in NJ
    Something I totally forgot I have. A 3/4 full can of era shock oil.
    it was next to a can of oil sold by suppliers likely in the 70’s.
    At some point I will try to figure a way to test and compare the oil to other oils. I did do a finger compare between the clear oil in the modern can vs the reddish oil in the old can. The old oil felt thicker.

When I get some time I will...
    09-22-2020, 12:39 PM
  • Jamey E
    Changing the tranny oil
    by Jamey E
    Does anybody do or suggest doing the kerosene flush when changing the oil in the transmission? We believe the car currently has the incorrect oil in it, & we are planning to use the 600W
    04-19-2020, 10:43 AM
  • Steve Plucker
    Looking for a clear oil
    by Steve Plucker
    Would anyone know of a clear oil?

As clear as water!

No color to it.

Thanks.

Pluck
    06-08-2019, 11:44 AM
  • Michael M
    Switching to synthetic oil
    by Michael M
    So as not to hijack the other oil thread on here, I thought I would ask a new question in a new thread.

It seems conventional wisdom says you can mix conventional oil and synthetic. Its also been reported that conventional oil will detract from the superior performance of synthetic oil and reduce its benefits.

It's also a given that a quart or more oil stays in the tray...
    09-04-2017, 02:12 PM
  • bosticjb
    oil
    by bosticjb
    Whats the oil of choice for a 28 A...
    07-23-2020, 03:41 PM
  • canadian
    oil return.
    by canadian
    29 all stock engine, pulls dipstick cold engine ,oil level on F mark. engine running for 20 minutes while farting around with stuff. pull dipstick engine off ..oil level 1/4 inch on stick ... 1 hour later ... oil level 1/2 inch on stick . it took 2 hours for oil to return to F. I found out why just by coincidence , the oil return pipe was not hot to touch and I discovered that the lower cork gasket...
    04-16-2019, 10:41 AM
  • Bikerider58
    Suck it out or let it drip - - oil change
    by Bikerider58
    Sludge in the bottom of the pan is common due to non-detergent oil. If 10 years of non-detergent and 10+ modern detergent oil and engine build; then it seems like the sludge would be cleaned out. I still had a good layer of about 3/8 inch.

I did not check when the pan was off, but suspect a good amount of oil is in the pan below the drain hole. With the engine tilt it seems like there...
    03-23-2019, 12:58 AM
  • Steve Plucker
    The A-17040 Oil Can
    by Steve Plucker
    When the oil can was used in the Model A/AA Fords, was it supplied with some sort of holder that was somewhat "fixed" to some area on the car or truck so it would not leak oil if it were to fall?

Thanks.

Pluck
    02-01-2021, 10:39 PM
Working...
X