Oil Can Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Can Holder

An end cap for 1 1/2" PVC makes the perfect holder for most oil cans. And if the oil can leaks a bit, the oil stays in the cap. I drilled a small screw hole about 1/4" from the edge, then used my Dremel with a ball stone to grind a countersink for the flathead screw to fasten it to the wall of my large outdoor toolbox. Oil Can Holder.JPG

Related Topics

Collapse

• Michael M
    Switching to synthetic oil
    by Michael M
    So as not to hijack the other oil thread on here, I thought I would ask a new question in a new thread.

It seems conventional wisdom says you can mix conventional oil and synthetic. Its also been reported that conventional oil will detract from the superior performance of synthetic oil and reduce its benefits.

It's also a given that a quart or more oil stays in the tray...
    09-04-2017, 02:12 PM
  • Tom Hicks
    Model T's don't have oil pumps.
    by Tom Hicks
    The Model T does not have an oil pump. The engine and transmission share an oil pan, they are both bathed in the same oil. That oil is picked up by dippers under the connecting rods and slung around the engine. The magneto is attached to the flywheel and the bottom of it spins through the sump throwing oil everywhere. Ford had a funnel and tube system to catch some of that oil slung by the magneto...
    09-24-2018, 08:38 AM
  • MIKE DERUITER
    REAR MAIN LEAK
    by MIKE DERUITER
    AFTER PUTTING ABOUT 50 MILES ON MY 29 MODEL A . THE NEXT MORNING I NOTICED A A FAIRLEY LARGE OIL SPOT UNDER THE REAR MAIN . I AM PLANNING ON DROPING THE PAN SOON , ANY THOUGHTS TO WHAT I MIGHT FIND ARE APPRECIATED
    08-05-2018, 02:56 PM
  • smittykid
    Missing oil breather cap
    by smittykid
    I was looking at a 30 Tudor on Craigs list. The ad states the engine has been totally rebuilt including a high compression head. I noticed in one of the pics the oil breather cap was missing. I asked the guy if he replaced it. He said it just came off while driving it one day and hasn't replaced it. Seems odd-being a $5 item. Could it have blown off from excessive pressure? I was told to start...
    05-21-2017, 03:41 PM
  • dmdeaton
    Oil Pump
    by dmdeaton
    We may have went over some of this in the oil filter thread. I am still a little grey on how the A oil system works. The A has a oil pump but is not full pressurized? Only certain parts get the oil from the pump? Shops machine and add some internal plumbing to get oil to the cam bearings?
    The B blocks have a better oil system?
    thanks guys
    01-20-2018, 06:30 PM
  • Captndan
    More oil fill tube
    by Captndan
    I have an oil fill tube that does not have a removable cap. It does have a flexible vent pipe going down the side. What is this thing?
    05-31-2017, 06:50 AM
  • bosticjb
    oil capacity
    by bosticjb
    what is the proper oil fill capacity on a 28 model a with a oil filter ?
    10-11-2018, 05:55 PM
  • DaWizard
    Valve lubrication, or not!
    by DaWizard
    I have been seeing folk getting all over MMO and questioning the reason for using it. Well, I think it is time to clear a bit of air within these airheads and explain why MMO or Seafoam, or these top end lubricants are almost a must.

If you will take a look at this picture of the valve chamber, you will see to the right a copper tube protruding from the bottom of the valve valley. Well,...
    09-05-2017, 09:30 PM
  • Beauford
    Tracer Dye
    by Beauford
    So I was putting a new gasket on valve cover and upon opening cover I notice the oil is kinda a baby poop yellow-orange? I freak and drain the oil. It doesn't look right to me at all being I just start my project a couple times a week and tinker. I had used trace dye for my small rear leak. I'm wondering if this caused the coloration? I am a fanatic about opening rad and seeing fluid at same level...
    04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
  • KB9JLO
    Starting an older engine - oil in the dipper tray...
    by KB9JLO
    As a few of you know - I have a 1930 Town Sedan, Murphy Body (March 1930). And she's a little rough. My wife has already named her Millie. The engine hasn't run in some time and I want to attempt to get it started and see what all is wrong and needs to be fixed in the drivetrain. If I don't have to I don't want to drop the oil pan or remove the valve cover to see if I can get this started. The engine...
    10-01-2018, 11:28 AM
Working...
X