Buying Garage Door Service on the Internet is a Ripoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Garage Door Service on the Internet is a Ripoff

My neighbor bought a "Groupon" on the internet for garage door service. It said something like "garage door tune up", and Joe didn't recall the price. All the guy did was look the door over and tell Joe he needed all new hardware for the door. The door was only 2 years old, so the most it would have needed is to oil and adjust the rollers, and maybe adjust the UP and DOWN stops on the motor. Joe told the guy to leave and didn't pay him anything.

Saturday I fixed a garage door for Mark, after he got ripped off from buying an internet service. The guy wouldn't even reinstall the motor cover, because he said it was off when he came. I couldn't see that the garage guy did anything, as this took place only a couple months ago. I installed a new nylon gear, as the one in there was completely stripped and laying in a pile of white powder.

I know this country has changed from a manufacturing country to a service country, but the service is often poor or non-existent. They are quick to take your money though.

Model A rear springs and garage door springs have a lot in common. Both are very dangerous, be careful.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

It's amazing the things that people fall for

3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Supergnat
        Bent hinges - DUMB MISTAKE
        by Supergnat
        I am really embarrassed to write this but I desperate need of advice. I accidentally drove my 28 Fordor Leatherback into the garage with the driver side rear door open. The door caught on the edge of the garage opening molding and bent the door back over the rear fender. I was able to straighten the edge of the door where it contacted the fender but the door will not close anymore. The upper and...
        03-14-2018, 07:27 AM
      • Apple Green Wheels Rule
        Door striping
        by Apple Green Wheels Rule
        Below is a photo of where I just removed the old door stripping. It was hard and rotted. I thought it was time to replace it but....didn't find anything like that on Snyders so I was thinking, was there such a strip for weather/sound proofing or was this a previous owners addition? The stripping was only along the door edge, not the bottom or upper edges.

Ed

05-22-2017, 11:01 AM
      • pAAt
        Door lube
        by pAAt
        What kind of lube should be used on door hinge pins and door opening components ? Thanks in advance.
        08-24-2017, 08:11 AM
      • CarlG
        Door opening
        by CarlG
        Is there an easy way to allow the passengers door on my pickup to open wider?
        08-10-2018, 02:35 AM
      • 30Pickemup
        Door Bumpers on a Pickup
        by 30Pickemup
        I’m going to adjusting the cab to fit the doors and the hood now that everything is painted.
        My issue now is to not chip the paint in the process - so I thought it would be a good idea to install the door bumpers to protect the cab and the doors.

I have the parts shown in the pictures - as the door bumper kit. (I put captions under them)
        I figured out where the top corner...
        This gallery has 4 photos.
        02-18-2018, 07:52 PM
      • Tom Wesenberg
        Removing Door Handles and Repairing Door Latches and Locks
        by Tom Wesenberg
        I had to replace some broken springs in my 1929 Tudor. To remove the handle, just remove the 2 screws on the outside, then turn the handle 45 degrees, wiggle it as you pull outward. Spraying Kroil on the square shaft helps during removal, as does holding the flap inward to relieve some pressure. Then you can remove the screws on the latch assembly and work the latch out of the door. It's very tight...
        This gallery has 4 photos.
        09-02-2017, 10:48 AM
      • Tom Wesenberg
        Car Hauler Door warning and Mystery Solved
        by Tom Wesenberg
        I'm north at my friend's house to dig up some small evergreens, and the first thing Charlie asked me to look at was his rear door on his Cargo Mate trailer. The cable had come completely off the spool, and he couldn't figure out why or how to fix it. The first thing we did was remove the metal cover over the shaft and springs. Right away I didn't like to see the 8' shaft with no center support. When...
        06-26-2017, 10:20 AM
      • George Miller
        Two Model A's found in a garage. no pictures
        by George Miller
        Years a go a friend came to me and said he found a 2 door Model A that he wanted. But there was a 1930 four door there also. He said the guy would only sell both. So I got the four door, he got the tudor. The problem was we had to take the wall down on the lean too that was attached to the garage, to get his tudor out. Then the guy made us put it back up after we got the car out. He did not help....
        12-08-2017, 11:08 AM
      • Tom Wesenberg
        Sedan Doors Hard to Open
        by Tom Wesenberg
        When I stopped by Mark's house the other day, he showed me an interesting problem on his sedan. The doors shut fine, but when he tried to turn the handle to open the front doors, it was hard to turn. I rolled the front door windows down and was able to squirt oil on the mechanism inside the door. This was all that was needed to fix the problem. But for the rear doors, even with the windows all the...
        05-06-2018, 01:33 PM
      • Beauford
        Door Latch
        by Beauford
        For some reson my pass door on my 29 RPU wont stay shut. It always needed a slam but now that doesnt even work. Latches and mechanisms are all new. Spring on latch is strong. I know the door is a little off but didn't know if something was easier than shimming.
        09-13-2018, 08:10 PM
      Working...
      X