• Show
Clear All

• Wheel Chocks

482CA574-1CB1-4DEF-B56B-85A5B1F8000E_zpsbs2kigm4.jpg
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT!!! I seen that wheel chock, you are suppose ta use da fire extinguisher for wheel chocks!!!
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

yes, Watsup with wheel chocks on a Master Mechanic's Model A's ?????

( Two day old stale bagels work just fine also and if you forget to pick them up, the critters eat them.)

Comment

82ea98bea2719b4e2aa4c6b6d36977b3_zps581aabcd.jpg
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said
        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Yeah, I have a scrap 2x4. I don't get enough engagement from ebrake to really hold it strong.

Comment

I wonder how well round wheel chocks work? Didn't the Egyptians move blocks of stones with round rollers? Chocks work well if you don't forget to place them. I was interrupted once had forgot until I was chasing my van down the hill. My neighbor said sorry see you later!

Comment

Are they all the model a's that showed up to your wedding ? Nice

Comment

• Mitch
                Mitch commented
                Editing a comment
                NOOO that was an AACA meet i went to in Louisville KY 2 years ago...
                it was held inside an air conditioned convention center, it was 105 outside...
                was soooo cold inside ya needed a jacket on

I carry a cheap but effective chock from Autozone. It fits between and tucked under the front seats of the Tudor. It's cheap and effective insurance and works better than a makeshift chock.

Comment

Heh, I just make sure the parking brake works, no matter how hard I have to pull it
                You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Consider it a 'belts and suspenders' kind of thing.

Comment

The service bulletins say to put the E.B. on before you wash your car??? Are they AFRAID it will run away, like an Old Dog, before his bath?
                    Buster T. has SHORT hair & can clean himself to his SKIN! In 7 years, he's NEVER had a BATH & smells as fresh as a DAISY!! It's like havin' a SELF cleanin' OVEN--LOL
                    You know WHY a Dog licks his "YING-YANG"?----Because he CAN!---LOL
                    Dad Clean

Comment

• Mitch
                      Mitch commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LMAO

• DaWizard
                      DaWizard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey, I bet Buster jumps in the tub with Bill, or in the shower!!

Related Topics

Collapse

• Grover
                    Wheel Chock
                    by Grover
                    Handy wheel chock that stows in a small space. Got this at a small swap meet in Winfield KS many years ago.

06-09-2018, 02:54 PM
                  • Mitch
                    Kelsey Hayes Wheel
                    by Mitch
                    One long spoke crosses two others

10-08-2017, 07:35 PM
                  • canadian
                    Modern wheel
                    by canadian
                    Any suggestions on using a modern wheel for 50 kilometer trip and storage? I think i asked this before but brain a little soft on one side. 29 Model A.
                    11-25-2019, 02:12 PM
                  • Tom Wesenberg
                    Wheel Balancer Floats on Air
                    by Tom Wesenberg
                    I made a wheel balancer for my Model A wheels some years ago, and just added it to the "Homemade Tools" section. I have another wheel balancer that I bought at a swap meet about 10 years ago. All the bubble balancers I've seen in the past work by pivoting on a point. This balancer works by having a concave pocket with an air hole in the center. The top part, which supports the wheel, has...
                    05-13-2018, 01:21 PM
                  • slammin
                    Please help identify bent spoke wheel
                    by slammin
                    Hello Gang!
                    This weekend I drove past a place that always has a yard sale going. I noticed an old bent spoke wheel. Its 6 lug so knew it wasn't for a Model A. Lugs are 1/2 inch on a 5 3/8 bolt circle. The wheel measures 19 x 3. Hubcap mount is 5 3/4 ID. The is a stamped steel front drum mounted on it that has an ID of 10 1/2 inches X 2 1/4 deep from edge of opening to the start of the taper....
                    03-12-2018, 01:34 PM
                  • Snagglewhen
                    Front Wheel Groaning
                    by Snagglewhen
                    My front right (passenger) wheel has recently taken to making a slight groaning sound while backing up. Not always, but sometimes. This sound does not occur when driving forward. I replaced the bearings in this wheel about a year ago with new Timken bearings. Could one of them have gone bad or am I looking at something else here?

The A has hydraulic brakes, if that makes a differ...
                    05-04-2017, 03:25 PM
                  • Mike Davis
                    Model T Steering wheel anti vibration attachment ?
                    by Mike Davis
                    Has anyone ever seen one of these. ?...
                    07-23-2019, 06:50 PM
                  • Standing Elk
                    Steering wheel repair
                    by Standing Elk
                    Am about ready to start repairs on my steering wheel. Got a couple things to run by you guys.
                    Since the cracks are mostly fairly fine, I am thinking about taking a Dremel tool and just slightly V ing the cracks then filling them with Bondo and finishing from there. Is Bondo a good choice? After finished I plan to prime and spray paint (rattle can) it. Is there a better way? Thanks
                    03-19-2018, 08:42 AM
                  • Nelson C
                    Model A Ford Wheels Compared to Earlier Ford Wheels
                    by Nelson C
                    It's my understanding that the welded steel spoke forged Model A Ford wheel design is far superior for automotive use than either the wood spoke auto wheel or the bicycle spoke auto wheel. I've read that compression and tension figure in to the wheel design. Are there any articles that explain or can you explain why the Model A Ford type wheel is so excellent in comparison to wood spoke and bicycle...
                    02-12-2019, 10:14 AM
                  • Curly
                    How to know if wheels (rims) are good?
                    by Curly
                    I am trying to put 5 good 19 inch wheels together for powder coating. How does one determine if the wheels are good? Any tell tale things to look for?

i thought I would put them on and spin them to check for straightness, but I don’t know how accurate this might be. I will also check each individual spoke.

Thanks in advance....
                    11-14-2017, 10:36 PM
                  Working...
                  X