A Model B Crankshaft, Maybe Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Model B Crankshaft, Maybe Not

Just saw this listed on ebay, but I'd guess it's an early V8 crankshaft.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142474751678...MakeTrack=true

I "think" it's a V-8???? WOW, look how SMALL the flywheel mounting flange is!!
    Bill W.

Comment

Tom did you see the parts lot i am getting? there is a few crankshafts in the pics... I did send u a PM the other day
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Mitch, is Tom looking for a crank ? I got two engines with my truck, the original and a extra 5 bearing cam, w/new style crank, .010 pistons, painted a nice green. I would give the guy, that helped me build the original motor, the extra one. Plus a Delcolight Plant, that I believe I gave someone already ? Memory is fading fast ;) Thanks, Pat
        Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

Hi Pat
          im not sure if he is looking for one, maybe he will let us know..
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I don't need a crank, but just noticed this one on ebay.
            The crank throws appear to be 90 degrees apart, which means a V8 or someone made a 4 cylinder into an uneven fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
              I don't need a crank, but just noticed this one on ebay.
              The crank throws appear to be 90 degrees apart, which means a V8 or someone made a 4 cylinder into an uneven fire.
              I think you are right it looks like a early V8. Does this mean I will not be the only one with a uneven fire engine.

Comment

After i get my parts lot tomorrow,,, next week i'm going to keep you guys busy with identification questions.. get lots of rest this weekend;)
                3 ~ Tudor's
                Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ClaudeC
                  1933 v8 Crankshaft/Rod Bearing "Oversized"
                  by ClaudeC
                  I noticed when looking to purchase replacement bearing that they list standard size plus additional oversized sized. Why are there oversized sizes, Is this to do with the original block size variations?
                  12-30-2017, 07:44 AM
                • Tom Bellfoy
                  motor balancing attempt with pics
                  by Tom Bellfoy
                  First of all this was not my attempt
                  What can you knowledgable Model A guys tell me about this attempt to balance this A motor ?
                  here are the facts:
                  - The motor has only about 5 hours on it after rebuild and balanced.
                  - no matter the positioning of the flywheel in relation to the pressure plate it would shake the fillings out of your teeth.
                  - using a fairly accurate kitchen...
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 2 photos.
                  07-22-2017, 08:40 PM
                • Tom Wesenberg
                  Understanding Crankshaft Balance and Counterweights
                  by Tom Wesenberg
                  Several people have a hard time understanding static and dynamic balance, and the need for counterweights.
                  Jack up the front wheel on your Model A, and if it's in perfect static balance, it will stay wherever you rotate it and remove your hand. Now place a 6 ounce weight on the outside of the rim, and it will sink to the bottom because it's out of static balance. Now place a 6 ounce weight exactly...
                  04-03-2018, 12:44 PM
                • d.j. moordigian
                  Pulley Crank Bolt..
                  by d.j. moordigian
                  How many different pulley crank bolts are there...shapes and sizes? By month / year. I didn't find it in the "Book"..
                  Thanks,
                  Dudley
                  05-31-2018, 12:24 PM
                • Dennis
                  Burlington crankshaft and float-a-motor mounts
                  by Dennis
                  I was reading Burlington's website about recommendations and noticed they recommend not using float a motor mounts. Anybody have experience with a Burlington and would like to comment? I realize this is a suggestion and not required. Also I notice the kit made to install a 32 and up trans requires float a motor mounts, so it looks like you don't have a choice in that circumstance.

For...
                  02-02-2018, 07:23 AM
                • George Miller
                  How to grind a crank in a lathe
                  by George Miller
                  How to grind the A crankshaft when you can not get anyone to use the right radius. ...
                  07-10-2017, 03:23 PM
                • DaWizard
                  If I pressurize the mains?
                  by DaWizard
                  I have been sorta developing a pressurizing for the main bearings that I have confidence will work. What I am wondering is, do I really need to drill the crank and pressure oil the rods?

I know, I know, you are going to say, "why go half way?", well, on my extremely limited budget I can't pay for a drilled crank, nor can I do the job myself without the fixtures and mill the
                  05-16-2018, 10:39 PM
                • George Miller
                  Rebuilding a model A engine
                  by George Miller
                  I do not want to get into bashing people. So I,m going to say the model A engine is one of the hardiest to get right when rebuilding them. You could do 2 chev small blocks or Ford small block to 1 model A engine, that is if you do it right. Every one always says how simple they are. But they are not simple to get right....
                  01-22-2018, 03:25 PM
                • Tom Wesenberg
                  B Block with Drilled Counterweighted Crankshaft
                  by Tom Wesenberg
                  This could be a good start for someone's engine build. I'd want to see it in person though, otherwise you bid at your own risk.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1932-1933-1...19.m1438.l2649
                  10-27-2017, 01:56 PM
                • canadian
                  Hand Cranking
                  by canadian
                  EVER ? NEVER? My truck not completed yet but was wondering is this something that you guys use? would certainly impress the girls on Walmart parking lot.....
                  01-16-2018, 06:19 AM
                Working...
                X